Status
Not open for further replies.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I think five pawns is too complex and sophisticated for my taste.

See, THAT's the kind of opinion I can respect. You didn't say they sucked, just described why you didn't like it. Makes perfect sense. five pawns is not for everyone and THAT'S OK (Stuart Smalley reference - showing my age!!)

orson

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
United States of America
I don't understand why a certain portion of the population feels the need to bash every vendor that sells juice for more than $.xx per ml.

As someone else noted, the market will decide. If not enough folks are happy to pay that amount for that particular product then the vendor will go out of business. There's no need to have some kind of irrational vendetta against that vendor, just move along and buy from one of hundreds of companies that sells for less.

The ingredient cost per ml of juice is largely irrelevant, it's obviously a product that costs more in labor/packaging/overhead than it does in raw ingredients.

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Five Pawns fans can be harsh. Just because your experiencing the placebo effect by paying an upscale doesn't make it logical to call all other juice vendors garbage. This whole situation is just like the IPhone trend, or the Abercrombie ane Fich trend. They are the same quality of many of the other brands but you in a somewhat brainwashed state claim NOTHING compares to your iPhone with less features than Android, or your A&F jeans made in the factory in China right next to factory that makes Carbon jeans.
I am not saying you are all like this by any means, just the rabbid beasts who get butthurt by anyone for saying fivepawns is not worth it. It's like an obvious attempt to justify to yourself why you overpaid.

I have never tried Five Pawns but I know many people who have tried them who still prefer The Plume room, Alice in Vapeland, and Velvet Cloud Vapor not because of just the price but because of the juice it's self. Could you imagine that?

Believe it or not, just because you paid a lot of money doesn't mean there is not less costly juice that is just as good(or even better).

Taste is subjective and NO juice is worth a dollar a mil(technically speaking). I'm sure D.I.Y.ers everywere are laughing histarically right now.

But I don't mean to hijack your thread. I just saw the conversation going on here and added my input. Please, enjoy the juice.

orson

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
United States of America
Five Pawns fans can be harsh. Just because your experiencing the placebo effect by paying an upscale doesn't make it logical to call all other juice vendors garbage. This whole situation is just like the IPhone trend, or the Abercrombie ane Fich trend. They are the same quality of many of the other brands but you in a somewhat brainwashed state claim NOTHING compares to your iPhone with less features than Android, or your A&F jeans made in the factory in China right next to factory that makes Carbon jeans.
I am not saying you are all like this by any means, just the rabbid beasts who get butthurt by anyone for saying fivepawns is not worth it. It's like an obvious attempt to justify to yourself why you overpaid.

I have never tried Five Pawns but I know many people who have tried them who still prefer The Plume room, Alice in Vapeland, and Velvet Cloud Vapor not because of just the price but because of the juice it's self. Could you imagine that?

Believe it or not, just because you paid a lot of money doesn't mean there is not less costly juice that is just as good(or even better).

Taste is subjective and NO juice is worth a dollar a mil(technically speaking). I'm sure D.I.Y.ers everywere are laughing histarically right now.

But I don't mean to hijack your thread. I just saw the conversation going on here and added my input. Please, enjoy the juice.

I'm not a Five Pawns fan by any means. I ordered their sample pack out of curiosity. I'm personally not going to re-order any of them, but I will say they were all well crafted complex juices and the packaging and overall brand image is absolutely stunning and sophisticated.

I'm simply defending the right of any company to market and price their products as they so choose.

I'm also defending the right of of customers to choose to purchase the more expensive product for any reason they see fit.

And of course anyone certainly has the right to criticize the company and the people who buy their products, I just don't understand why some feel the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread