Status
Not open for further replies.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I have some Gambit loaded up right now. I really like it. I like it so much that my ADV's for the last 3 years aren't cutting it anymore. As for the price, I have been to several brick and mortars and flea markets where they are charging the same price or more for terrible Chinese crap. Plus the free priority shipping on EVERY order saves you $5 bucks or so.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Getting a fresh tank ready for Five Pawns Vape Mail-Gambit and sample pack....excited!

Hope you like it. Seems like the majority of people who try it do. I can't seem to get the "apple pie" flavor from it but I do like the taste that I'm getting. My wife, on the other hand, identified it as Apple Pie in a blind taste test so they must have gotten the flavor spot on.

My favorite of the bunch is Bowden's Mate. It's the only one from the sample pack that I ordered in a 30ml bottle. Queenside was very good too. I might end up getting a larger bottle of that too in the future.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
id like to know what causes their prices to be so high. are they using some sort of flavoring thats extremely rare? nothing that ive ever heard of that goes into ejuice has ever been expensive. im not trying to bash, im just genuinely interested in what could possibly make their ejuice cost so much more.

Overhead. He started as a brick and mortar and after his product was established in several stores started selling online. He has a contract with all the vape shops he sells in to all sell at the same price and sells online for the same price to not undercut the stores. Its still cheaper than smoking....

spungee

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I purchased a bottle of Gambit to reward myself for 30 days without an analog this past weekend, and I'm absolutely loving it.
Like SnowDog, I don't get an apple pie taste, but whatever it is, it's very good.
It won't become my ADV, as too much of it seems to make me OD on the taste (plus, of course, the cost), but I'm pretty happy with what I received for the price.
As for *why* it costs so much, as mentioned up above, lots of overhead in this one. The packaging, the displays at your local vape shop, R&D... it all adds up, and gets passed along to the consumer.
Price be damned, once I hit month number 2, I'll be picking up Queenside.

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
When I got my Gambit, I didn't know it was supposed to be apple pie. If I had, I probably wouldn't of bought it. Never been a big fan of apple pie. I just knew that it was a very distinctive, very different flavor than I had ever tasted, And I liked it. No way is it a "light" flavor. I would definitely call it a strong flavor.

I don't question or dwell on why some juices are priced higher than others. That's their call. If I like it, I buy it. If I don't I don't. I've wasted so much money on homemade crap from B&M stores, that now I mainly order online juices that forum members are raving about. Gambit is one of those. And it's worth every penny. IMO.

best regards, larry mac

p.s., IMO, Castle Long is NOT worth it. To me, although it is smooth, and pleasant, it is too light, and the coconut overpowers the other flavors.

leex1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
Honolulu
When I got my Gambit, I didn't know it was supposed to be apple pie. If I had, I probably wouldn't of bought it. Never been a big fan of apple pie. I just knew that it was a very distinctive, very different flavor than I had ever tasted, And I liked it. No way is it a "light" flavor. I would definitely call it a strong flavor.

I don't question or dwell on why some juices are priced higher than others. That's their call. If I like it, I buy it. If I don't I don't. I've wasted so much money on homemade crap from B&M stores, that now I mainly order online juices that forum members are raving about. Gambit is one of those. And it's worth every penny. IMO.

best regards, larry mac

p.s., IMO, Castle Long is NOT worth it. To me, although it is smooth, and pleasant, it is too light, and the coconut overpowers the other flavors.

Totally agree with you about Gambit, one of the most flavorful juices I have tried so far. However, totally disagree on CLR, it's as good as Gambit imo. Tastes like an Almond Joy :p

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Totally agree with you about Gambit, one of the most flavorful juices I have tried so far. However, totally disagree on CLR, it's as good as Gambit imo. Tastes like an Almond Joy :p
I'm really happy you like CLR (no joke I really do). Perhaps I should try it in a dripper or RBA. I do want to love it. After all, I did pay $37.50 for it. lol. Also, I think my taste buds may be a little messed up right now. I seem to go through so many changes since I started vaping about four months ago. At first I only wanted tobacco juices. Didn't have any interest in fruits, or dessert type juices. Now I only want sweet dessert juices. Weird! Hasn't slowed down my device acquisitions however. Or my ever growing tank collections.

best regards, larry mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread