Flanged/Non-flanged cartomizer ends for tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
What I have is a Provari and some Chibi tanks. I've also just ordered some glass tanks from theecig.com. In the Chibis I use 3.0 ohm single coil cartos...and I got two smoktek 2.0 ohm dual coil cartos with the 2 glass tanks. I've ordered 30 Boge single coil cartos without the holes punched in them...so I'll have to go to town and get a saddle valve! I also ordered 8 of the smoktek dual coils today....wish I hadn't after reading keefers post...but oh well, I just ordered 8 thank goodness...wish me luck on that one! lol!

I've been using the Chibi's for awhile now and I really like them! They don't leak or slide, I'm just wanting to go to all glass. Glad to know I'm not the only one around here born in 1959 Richie! lol!

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
I actually found that taking off that rubber piece in the saddle valve gave me better results with punching and not sliding down the side of the carto. I leave the point sticking out a bit, tighten the two sides until the carto is snug and I haven't had an issue with the punch going off in a different direction. I was just never able to punch it straight down like the pros in the videos that I watched, but removing that rubber piece helped a lot.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Well, I went to town today and bought a saddle valve, but I couldn't find that Shaft Coupler body hub that someone told me about. If you happen to come back in here, could you tell me which department to look for it at? I remember what it looks like, but I don't know WHERE to find one locally. Thanks! I'll be trying out this saddle valve in the meantime when my cartos get here.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Mine goes right thru a black stickered Bogelr, are you using another brand? Are you saying the label goes into the hole after you punch it, and then clogs it?
That's strange. I wonder why it won't punch any of my black ones. I thought they were real Boges...I hope they are! I got them from CCV. The poker thing won't go into it at all. I tried to turn the thing to make it punch a hole and it was so so hard to twist. I twisted it so hard that the outside of the carto started getting crinkled. (sorry about my lack of terminology for the saddle valve)

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
It's really not advisable to use cartos with the black sticker on them in a tank. You will be inhaling adhesive and possibly degraded plastic. I just stick to stainless cartos. If you already have a stockpile of them, you could probably get near what you paid for them in the classified section. Inaddition, that extra diameter on the carto will make for a difficult fit in most tanks. Just my :2c:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    It's really not advisable to use cartos with the black sticker on them in a tank. You will be inhaling adhesive and possibly degraded plastic. I just stick to stainless cartos. If you already have a stockpile of them, you could probably get near what you paid for them in the classified section. Inaddition, that extra diameter on the carto will make for a difficult fit in most tanks. Just my :2c:

Good point for most folks. I have a thread going in another section that is about leaving them on. I just had one in a tank for a solid month and it didn't show any signs of coming off. I'm just using up some bulk cartos I got.

And yea, they probably wouldn't fit anything other tank but Momnpop's, which I have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread