Flavor ban in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm4cd

Sep 7, 2019
One of the few? I've met hundreds of vapers. None used tobacco-flavor. At least not in the US. And even the nasty Nicorette gum tastes nothing like tobacco.

But that's missing the point. The more choice of flavor - the more likely people will use vaping to quit. And forcing all vapers to tobacco flavor like the Michigan ban - just makes it more likely they'll revert to real tobacco.

Reactions: stols001

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
One of the few? I've met hundreds of vapers. None used tobacco-flavor. At least not in the US. And even the nasty Nicorette gum tastes nothing like tobacco.

But that's missing the point. The more choice of flavor - the more likely people will use vaping to quit. And forcing all vapers to tobacco flavor like the Michigan ban - just makes it more likely they'll revert to real tobacco.

I didn't claim Nicorette gum tasted like tobacco. I described it as ''a rough unpleasant taste''. I'm also not missing any point and do not support the banning of flavoured eliquid. I was however bemused by your claim ...

Few if any smokers in their right mind would use tobacco flavors in vaping to quit.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Few if any smokers in their right mind would use tobacco flavors in vaping to quit.

Tobacco flavors are what got me to try vaping. When I first saw Electronic Cigarettes, I thought it was a fad or a gimmick. I thought it was something more on the lines of a cigarette for a raver than a stop smoking device. It didn't help that the Blu salesman in the mall was "prancing" back and fourth in the mall, and vaping.. kind of like showing off. The expensive price was almost an affirmation of the "too cool to be square" tactic.... It was an Apple I-cig in my mind.

Forward a year or so later, and I was pumping gas at a Kroger. There was a brand of Ecigs known as Metro. The kit was only $20, and they didn't have any "raver" flavors like apple or whatever. I smoked, so I figured a tobacco flavor would be more appealing. It didn't taste like tobacco, but it wasn't unpleasant either... I told myself let's give this a shot... and told myself I would only vape indoors, and continue to smoke only outdoors. The next few days, I went from a pack per day, to like 3 per day.... That's when I realized there was more to it.

If it wasn't for the tobacco flavoring, I would probably still be smoking. Later, I did mentally decide to switch away from tobacco flavors... the further away from a traditional cigarette, the better. And that's why I am strictly opposed to this "flavor ban"... if anything, kids will still somehow get a hold of ecigs, and the flavor ban will only make it one step closer to smoking a traditional cigarette. To me, the governor thinks she is taking one step forward, but she's actually taking two steps back.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I quit once using the gum but I bought it from Russia because NO WAY was I going to pay that much for Nicorette.

I think it was tobacco flavored or unflavored all I know is that it had this rough sort of peppery taste.

Let me be clear, I had NO intention of like tapering off the gum, I chewed it (pretty much non stop)f for 6 months and hence the Russia Buy.

I wanted to smoke the ENTIRE TIME.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread