Flavor chasing tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Scherzhertz, that's a difficult one to answer. Due to the fact that each and every atomiser likes different builds.

But one of the main things is reduced chamber size, so that the vapour doesn't expand as much and the flavour gets concentrated.

Also, airflow hitting the underside of the coil is better than air hitting the side.

At least that's what I've picked up along the way.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Low wattage, restricted airflow, and "primer puffs" (draw air without firing coil) between vapes. I do MTL and right now (with my limited mod starter kit) doing 70VG/30PG juice on a 0.8 ohm coil at 18 watts and airflow fairly restricted. Primer puff between vapes keeps the coil good and saturated. Higher power and/or more airflow I get less flavor (with my meager setup)

Scherzhertz

Jul 6, 2019
@Scherzhertz, that's a difficult one to answer. Due to the fact that each and every atomiser likes different builds.

But one of the main things is reduced chamber size, so that the vapour doesn't expand as much and the flavour gets concentrated.

Also, airflow hitting the underside of the coil is better than air hitting the side.

At least that's what I've picked up along the way.
Convergent rda , it have chamber reducer which is good

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Overlooked often the drip tip really matters. Due to the fact your drip tip effects airflow which matters, I like a 510 that isn’t very long. The skinny hole and short, keeping you as close to the coil as possible without burning you. This is just one factor I thought I’d mention. The other posters have mentioned some of the other factors of which there are many.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
With MTL a more restricted AF will help. On a Prime RTA for example if I vape it at the 1.6mm AF setting it is very good and flavorful. If I switch it downward to the 1.0mm or 1.2mm the flavor pops noticeably. Also as Madstabber mentioned a DT with a smaller bore will help as in 4mm or smaller. DT's are often overlooked. Also play with your coil height. You may find lower or higher works best for you. I haven't noticed any difference with cotton versus rayon with flavor. I use both and for me each brings excellent flavor. If you haven't tried rayon perhaps give it a shot.
Cheers

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Low wattage, restricted airflow, and "primer puffs" (draw air without firing coil) between vapes. I do MTL and right now (with my limited mod starter kit) doing 70VG/30PG juice on a 0.8 ohm coil at 18 watts and airflow fairly restricted. Primer puff between vapes keeps the coil good and saturated. Higher power and/or more airflow I get less flavor (with my meager setup)
With MTL a more restricted AF will help. On a Prime RTA for example if I vape it at the 1.6mm AF setting it is very good and flavorful. If I switch it downward to the 1.0mm or 1.2mm the flavor pops noticeably. Also as Madstabber mentioned a DT with a smaller bore will help as in 4mm or smaller. DT's are often overlooked. Also play with your coil height. You may find lower or higher works best for you. I haven't noticed any difference with cotton versus rayon with flavor. I use both and for me each brings excellent flavor. If you haven't tried rayon perhaps give it a shot.
Cheers

Rayon is GREAT for some flavors, others, I find, not so much. It definitely brings sweeteners to the forefront, which, if the juice is mixed well, is fine. If oversweetened, it can mute.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Rayon is GREAT for some flavors, others, I find, not so much. It definitely brings sweeteners to the forefront, which, if the juice is mixed well, is fine. If oversweetened, it can mute.
That ^^^^ is the beauty of vaping. Finding what works best for each of us. There are many options for tweaking ones vape with all the gear currently available to us. Awesome!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
The Convergent RDA deck design is very similar to the Parvum and Salix RDA's. I have both of those.
Placing your coil so that the AF is hitting dead center of the coil is what you want (middle). Using the coil rod cutouts on the deck is the optimal height and distance from the AF for your coil (per the design). You could try raising it a little and see how that vapes. There really isn't room to lower it by much but you could try.

The chamber reducer will also provide more condensed flavor. I have a couple Creek RDA's and use the chamber reducer in one and there is a noticeable difference in flavor. Also try it without. You may like that better.

What are the specifics of the coil are you using?

2.5mm ID would be perfect for the Convergent or 2mm ID if you prefer a smaller coil. IMO you really don't want anything bigger in this style/design of RDA (MTL).

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
As others have mentioned, perhaps chamber size, more restrictive DT and AF compared to more open(but that also depends, because to restrictive with imbalanced wattages can be opposite). Coil height definitely plays a big part , balance of power to a specific coil and knowing what juices work with your power and specific tank, but imo the number one thing is wicking...wicking is key with flavor, as just a few extra strands either way in the coil and in the ledges makes a difference. A slight under stuff or over stuff not only in coil, but at juice holes (juice holes dont really pertain as much in gta style rtas) or on deck in rdas are the key imo

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
as personal taste... Flavor is always pointing to this things:
Single coil: i rather and have found that single coils setups are amazing for flavor chasing, for example the taste i get from my zeus single and my paraoh mini RTA, arent compared to my duals like zeus X, themis and creed to name a few,

Coil: several kinda wires provide better taste to some notes, for example i do love ni80, SS and kanthal wire in that specific order, some Alien SS coils are so tasteful, and so are some flat tricore ni80 claptons, and also i did enjoy some puff with plain kanthal as well, maybe you need to try some, to see your top choices!

Wicks affect, but the Tank itself is the last but not less fact, for example mi themis RTA is my choice for sweet and fruit flavors, deserts are tasteful on Zeus X, fruity frozen and bold specific flavors on zeus single are somthing i love, also lemonade ones on both my single coils,

So, vaping my friend is a taste thing here, and your personal taste will be the judge for all products related there!

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread