Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016

Coils&clouds

Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento CA
Nichrome triple core fused claptons 28+28+28/36.
Quick question for you So when I try to wrap these the cores start twisting and I end up with a twisted fused clapton wich to me has less labor than a standard Clapton of the same wire question is do I need to keep those wires parallel but will time or are they supposed to twist like that I can’t seem to keep them from twisting and if I try to untwist at the end it screws up my Clapton job

Reactions: Suomynona

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I refuse to buy coils or exotic wire. I always spin my own wire, and wrap my own coils. I am picky about my wire and pre made stuff just don't do it for me. I found too many mistakes in it, when I examined the one roll of exotic wire that I did buy, under a x12 magnifier.

I use a paper clip (not the wire ones, the ones that are triangle shaped) and modified it (drilled a hole in the back, flattened the rounded lip out) to hold my wire and keep them from twisting around each other. I also use a modified sewing machine to spin the wire instead of a drill, which lets me use a foot pedal and control the speed better, and lets me make much much longer shots of wire at a time.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Save for one exception I've never had any problems with prebuilt wires/coils in three years.
Granted, I probably got a bad spool. I did not give it a fair shot, since I only bought 10 feet, found 5 defects, and give up on it. I don't even remember the brand in all honesty, it's been too long ago.

If I was in a pinch, which brand wire would you suggest since you have had good luck with it?

• Agree
Reactions: Coils&clouds

Coils&clouds

Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento CA
I refuse to buy coils or exotic wire. I always spin my own wire, and wrap my own coils. I am picky about my wire and pre made stuff just don't do it for me. I found too many mistakes in it, when I examined the one roll of exotic wire that I did buy, under a x12 magnifier.

I use a paper clip (not the wire ones, the ones that are triangle shaped) and modified it (drilled a hole in the back, flattened the rounded lip out) to hold my wire and keep them from twisting around each other. I also use a modified sewing machine to spin the wire instead of a drill, which lets me use a foot pedal and control the speed better, and lets me make much much longer shots of wire at a time.
Wow that’s awesome I would of never thought a sewing machine how freakin cool

Reactions: Zaryk

Coils&clouds

Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento CA
Thanks, it sure makes spinning up claptons a breeze. I even have a hand free to vape with without having to stop, lol.
I was wondering when you get sometime no rush or anything could you send me a couple pictures of the sewing machine and kinda how you have it set up ? I’m just curious to see how you do that. That’s so cool I was just telling my girl how freakin smart of an idea that was alright have a good one ☝️

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Granted, I probably got a bad spool. I did not give it a fair shot, since I only bought 10 feet, found 5 defects, and give up on it. I don't even remember the brand in all honesty, it's been too long ago.

If I was in a pinch, which brand wire would you suggest since you have had good luck with it?
Youde, MKWS, Coilology and Geekvape have been my goto Suppliers for a long time. AmbroseVape, XFKM, VaporStorm, VCoil and E-XY have taken over at the moment however.

• Useful
Reactions: Zaryk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I was wondering when you get sometime no rush or anything could you send me a couple pictures of the sewing machine and kinda how you have it set up ? I’m just curious to see how you do that. That’s so cool I was just telling my girl how freakin smart of an idea that was alright have a good one ☝️
I will get you a couple shots when I get home tonight.

Coils&clouds

Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento CA
Youde, MKWS, Coilology and Geekvape have been my goto Suppliers for a long time. AmbroseVape, XFKM, VaporStorm, VCoil and E-XY have taken over at the moment however.
Hmmm I’ll have to try some more pre builds here someday I got a pack of kanthal assorted by demon killers they work but very filthy with some flaws here n there then I got some mad rabbit ss316 assorted and they were better but so low in resistance I couldn’t run em in duals the resistance would go under .10 or right at .11 way too low for me. How do you vape and What coils do you order ? Variety packs or do you stick with spools or just pick out individual coils just curious what everybody else is getting and using thnx fam vape on

Suomynona

May 10, 2018
Avidartisan Daedalus is an awesome machine for making all kinds of claptons. It's very easy to operate and makes perfect claptons. It takes about 5 minutes to make fused claptons.
I've seen a lot of .... ups with that daedalus as well. For simple claptons and dual core claptons, it's way cheaper, easier and faster to just take an electric drill and use a beadalon on your wire spool. All you need to do is keep pressing the button of the drill and it'll wrap itself.
When you try to do more than 2 cores, that's where it gets tricky because the cores naturally want to get closer together and twist.
I've tried the paperclips and a few other things but I always keep screwing up. When I get a little bit more space and time, I'm going to build myself a coil building tool where the wires will be spun from both directions to avoid that twist. Shouldn't be too difficult to make with a few sprockets

The perfect vapor / flavor coil to me is still a quad core fused clapton, 4x28g/40g.

Plenty people say titanium is a metal that produces fantastic flavor as well but I have yet to try it.
Nichrome and Kanthal both give me a terrible metallic flavor.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I've seen a lot of .... ups with that daedalus as well. For simple claptons and dual core claptons, it's way cheaper, easier and faster to just take an electric drill and use a beadalon on your wire spool. All you need to do is keep pressing the button of the drill and it'll wrap itself.
When you try to do more than 2 cores, that's where it gets tricky because the cores naturally want to get closer together and twist.
I've tried the paperclips and a few other things but I always keep screwing up. When I get a little bit more space and time, I'm going to build myself a coil building tool where the wires will be spun from both directions to avoid that twist. Shouldn't be too difficult to make with a few sprockets

The perfect vapor / flavor coil to me is still a quad core fused clapton, 4x28g/40g.

Plenty people say titanium is a metal that produces fantastic flavor as well but I have yet to try it.
Nichrome and Kanthal both give me a terrible metallic flavor.

I use my Daedalus all the time. If you do it how you're suppose to it's foolproof. Set it up and turn it on. It was worth every penny I paid for it and then some. The new Daedalus PRO also has attachments for making multiple core claptons. I prefer fused claptons so I don't need or want the PRO model.

Search results for: 'Avidartisan'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread