Flavor mix masters give me some tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
Ok so I have a bunch of flavors and need some suggestions. Interesting combos or combos to avoid.

I have available:

Loranns

Vanilla
Apple

Capellas

Hot Cinnamon Candy
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Cool Mint
Pralines and Cream
Strawberries & Cream
Raspberry
Blueberry
Chocolate Raspberry

Flavour Art

Raspberry
Orange
Mandarin
Black Tea
Lime
Spearmint
Blackberry
Cinnamon
Honey
Bilberry
Peach

And menthol crystals in PG solution and dry crystals. Trying to avoid disastrous mixes that taste like turpentine. So any tips would be appreciated. I made a Capellas Blueberry menthol so far that I am happy with and a Capellas Raspberry I don't care for. Really want to try Black Tea, Mandarin, Orange, or Peach mixes.

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
my suggestions (though i'm no mix master):

hot cinnamon candy and apple
black tea with an undertone of spearmint

i don't know what a bilberry is, though i think kids used to call me that in grade school ...

Bilberry is close to Blueberry according to Wiki. I loved Nhalers blueberry which is why I bought some to make my own. I may try that one straight with PG to test it. And Hot Cinnamon Candy/Apple sounds nice I wouldn't have thought of that.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I had luck with just the FA White Peach alone with a 80/20 PG/VG mix. About 8% with no nic gives a light sweet peach flavor. About 12% with nic and it is still a light sweet peach with just a hint of the nic's metal taste, so it kinda' tastes like the non-syrup juice from a can of peaches.

Going to try adding a bit more of the peach flavoring to get over the nic and see what happens. I like to get a "base" working so when I add more flavors I have a reference and can get a better balance. Then some times I just throw things in and see what comes out, but most of those get thrown away.

Pick a style and keep notes. Unless I can't believe it would be great, I always mix no-nic first.

Most importantly have fun! Pick a flavor, or 2, then start a bit low and work up.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I tried making straight Black tea with Flavourart and couldn't get it to taste like anything no matter how much flavor I put in. Maybe you'll have success, and if you do, let me know what you used.

Pretty much any fruit flavor with cinnamon danish swirl is gonna be good. Haven't tried it, but chocolate raspberry with cool mint sounds good.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I'm using Capella's CDS (for now) and Perfumer's Apprentice Blueberry.

I used a 3/5 ratio per ml.

So.. for 3ml... 9 drops CDS, 15 drops Blueberry.

(yeah yeah, I know.... but I like the taste STRONG) :w00t:

been vaping this daily since I made it!

Just got done making it and it turned out well.
Using Scubabatdan's calculator I made 5ml for testing.
19% flavoring with Capella's only
81% Blueberry
19% Cinnamon Danish Swirl
In a 70/30 PG/VG base

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
For testing flavors I use a little paint pallet that has a bunch of small wells. I put about 10 drops of PG/VG mix in each well and then add a couple drops of the flavors I want to try into them. I don't use nic juice at all for testing. That way I don't waste nic juice and i don't end up overdoing the nic when I do a couple hour testing session. Between flavors I clean the atty by vaping a bunch of plain PG/VG and I go from weak flavors to strong. It doesn't always keep the flavors from mixing, but it helps. This way I find out if there are flavors I hate before mixing up enough that if I don't use it I feel guilty for wasting it :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread