Flavor RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I'm looking for an RDA based on flavor for open lung/dtl. I'm open to single or dual coils although I am partial to dual. Open on size, but again partial to 24mm. I have the Twisted Messes 24pro which provides massive hits, but is a little blan on flavor, even with the eclipse cap. Recommendations?
For single coil check out Flavour Banger Single Coil BF RDAs/RDTAs

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I second the mesh rda suggestion. The profile, either one, or the VV v2 mesh rda suggested above. They ramp up faster then dual coils and have more surface area. Not to mention mesh is an easier build then coils, really no downside. I use a few drop-in coil tanks as well and they all run mesh. A year or so ago saying a drop-in coil tank is close in flavor to the best rda’s would be blasphemy. Today it’s a true statement and there is several tanks that it’s true about.

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
Naples
I second the mesh rda suggestion. The profile, either one, or the VV v2 mesh rda suggested above. They ramp up faster then dual coils and have more surface area. Not to mention mesh is an easier build then coils, really no downside. I use a few drop-in coil tanks as well and they all run mesh. A year or so ago saying a drop-in coil tank is close in flavor to the best rda’s would be blasphemy. Today it’s a true statement and there is several tanks that it’s true about.
Yeah, the freemax mesh pro will provide a pretty amazing flavor for a drop-in. I use the quintiple mesh coils.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Here's one that slipped under the radar somehow, and not sure why. I use this almost daily and get Very good flavor out of it, Very good. The Fat Fish rda. And I'm seeing this for sale in the States for around $25. I have 2 and might get a third. Watch a couple videos on it. Top down side airflow. No Leaks! Great rda!

Reactions: smacuser

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
Naples
Have you considered a Mesh RDA? If so, then I would recommend a look at the new VV MV2 RDA which I have been using for a week and can find no negatives. Great flavor, no leaking and a easy build.
I have considered it, but there not very interesting. I'm still a novice, i mean I have trouble getting premade coils to fire evenly. But it's turning into a kinda hobby and there's no real options to play with on a mesh RDA. I'll probably get the Profile when I find my way to a squonking mod sometime in the future..

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Yeah, the freemax mesh pro will provide a pretty amazing flavor for a drop-in. I use the quintiple mesh coils.
My current favorite is the freemax fireluke mesh with a NX2 coil. I have some of the newer TNX2 coils also which is basically the same but with different wicking material. Both coils ohm at 0.5 and produce fantastic flavor, then to top it off they also last a couple weeks minimum producing that amazing flavor. I prefer coils that ohm around 0.5 because I can vape them at 30-40 watts so I get better battery life then when vaping the 0.1-0.15ohm coils at double the wattage.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
The Profile RDA comes packaged with a Clapton coil as an option for those who want to keep tinkering with coils. It is totally optional to use mesh strip with the Profile. I used Claptons in it without fail to begin, but honestly, the mesh strip is superior IMO. Give it a try.

• Agree
Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Yea there was a guy on another forum who didn’t like the profile with mesh and was trying to figure if he was doing something wrong since a bunch of us loved it. Anyway he wasn’t but he did start using it as a single coil rda and it was one of his favorites that way so it has potential as a standard coil rda. The airflow on the Profile is well done, it’s very smooth and quiet which I love but that could be why it’s a good rda regardless of what you put in it.

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
Naples
My current favorite is the freemax fireluke mesh with a NX2 coil. I have some of the newer TNX2 coils also which is basically the same but with different wicking material. Both coils ohm at 0.5 and produce fantastic flavor, then to top it off they also last a couple weeks minimum producing that amazing flavor. I prefer coils that ohm around 0.5 because I can vape them at 30-40 watts so I get better battery life then when vaping the 0.1-0.15ohm coils at double the wattage.
I meant to buy the fire luke 2, but I got confused about some things purchased the mesh pro. I wish I had the options of the TX coils. Live and learn

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I have considered it, but there not very interesting. I'm still a novice, i mean I have trouble getting premade coils to fire evenly. But it's turning into a kinda hobby and there's no real options to play with on a mesh RDA. I'll probably get the Profile when I find my way to a squonking mod sometime in the future..
I have been vaping 2 years and have 9 mods and about 20 atty's, gone from DL to MTL and DIY juice. I now MTL all my setups...even my mesh atty's. You will need to find your own personal setup, a interesting process. Good luck

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I'm looking for an RDA based on flavor for open lung/dtl. I'm open to single or dual coils although I am partial to dual. Open on size, but again partial to 24mm. I have the Twisted Messes 24pro which provides massive hits, but is a little blan on flavor, even with the eclipse cap. Recommendations?
The Twisted Messes 24 pro looks good but vapes terribly IMO. Mine sits in a drawer. One poster described it as "vaping like a snorkel" LMAO.
For dual coil (squonk and drip) if you can get hold of an original Drop 24mm they have great flavour. If it doesn't have to be a squonk atty it's hard to go past a Kennedy 24 for flavour. The new Dead Rabbit V2 is sposed to be good but I haven't tried it. If you're interested in single coil RDAs check out the thread that @ShowMeTwice reccomended.

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
Naples
The Twisted Messes 24 pro looks good but vapes terribly IMO. Mine sits in a drawer. One poster described it as "vaping like a snorkel" LMAO.
For dual coil (squonk and drip) if you can get hold of an original Drop 24mm they have great flavour. If it doesn't have to be a squonk atty it's hard to go past a Kennedy 24 for flavour. The new Dead Rabbit V2 is sposed to be good but I haven't tried it. If you're interested in single coil RDAs check out the thread that @ShowMeTwice reccomended.
I'm not ready to pick my second RDA so I picked up the eclipse car to the 24 pro. Not a night and day difference, but definitely a better vape. It takes me forever to choose my equipment. I picked the 24 pro because I like the post type and it can fit most of the coils I want to mess around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread