Flavor tastes burnt I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveytare

Jun 25, 2018
I've tried changing coils multiple times but it hasn't worked. It's been tasting kinda nasty for about a week. I turned my wattage all the way down to 5w with no luck. I cleaned the tank and everything as well. It's an istick 40w with a melo 2 tank charging with a cord that barely lasts 30 mins at a time. I chain vape. But I've taken some breaks and it still hasn't helped.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I generally change is every 4 days, but that taste isn't going away at all now.
    The general answer would be to clean your tank from head to toe.

All parts in between.

But, there might be a more logical solution.

@Asbestos4004 :eek:.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I genuinely believe you are killing off coils fast due to overly sweet juices and chain vaping. Chain vaping (unless in TC mode) can REALLY shorten coil life. The sweet probably doesn't help anything.

If you do get another mod, keep this one in rotation and clean EVERYTHING up to possibly replacing any 0-rings, that burnt taste can really get into crevices and whatnot. Maybe try some less sweet juice.

If you can/if you can afford it, try to get a reasonably decent mod that does temp control it will stop coils from reaching overly heated temperatures, but that means you need an RTA where you can build your own TC material coil (I think the majority of folks these days are using stainless steel).

If you are a sub0hm vaper I think the Crown Uwell coil offers a TC capable coil, I stand ready to be corrected on that though.

If you are a mid range vaper I WANT to say that the joytech CLR coil offers a 0.5 resistance that is TC capable (again, ready to stand to be corrected on that) but here's a thread on the coil and the multiplicity of tanks that take it. Here's a thread on that coil if you are interested: eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

I believe Vapresso offers some TC capable coils, too.

If you are a MTL vaper, meaning higher resistance and lower vapor output with a cigarette style draw, I think options are more limited unless you want to rebuild. I want to say that the Innoken Zenith (which is a great tank and the current coils DO last forever, and I mean forever, I had one I was TRYING to kill off for weeks) and it's a nice option because it's larger (4 ml) and maybe the newest coil is TC capable, I haven't checked the specs yet.

It could be vapers tongue, it most certainly could, it could also be that your mind is tricking you to think that tank will taste "Burnt" because it has for a while. I'd say the other possibilities are more likely but I am also not inhabiting your consciousness so I really don't know.

Good luck and a TC capable mod does NOT have to be overly expensive, a DNA mod, or anything else. There are some great lower budget options out there too.

Anna

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Now my vape has no taste to me at all! Maybe this is my pallet? I have no friends who will test it out for me. I'll head to the shop tomorrow.

I was suspecting a vaper's tongue of sorts.
    You get the burnt flavor stuck in your mouth/nose and mind and can't get it out. Now that you actually have vapers tongue (not tasting anything) I suspect it even more.

Actual burn is nasty and I can't inhale it far, it also gives me a sore throat. The burn taste is nasty but doesn't make the airways want to shut. It's easy to clean out of everything but the wick and mind.
    If it's actually burning your puff style may have changed letting your coil get too hot (although you said you turned it down to 5w and still get it so probably not).

For the not tasting part, a new flavor is in order. I suggest menthol something, something with ice or arctic in the name that suggests strong. Not tasting anything is a stage vapers go through. It also happens when one flavor is focused on, and why many vapers have many flavors they switch between.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    That’s odd. Possibilities that occur to me off hand:

Even though you’re changing out your coil you’re not treating it right in some way and it is burning anyway

The only consistency is the juice. Perhaps there is something wrong with it

Have you tried doing all these things at once? (Clean out the mod, change and prime the coil, use fresh juice) or only one at a time?

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I'm brand new to this so I think I'll go with a tank that's not rebuildable.
    That's cool.

I think maybe your juice is killing your coils. If it's really sweet, you can expect almost a week max out of most coil heads.

If you can use a (tiny blue) screwdriver, there are prebuilt coils and YouTube to check out.

Maybe someone else will jump in with another option.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I've tried changing coils multiple times but it hasn't worked. It's been tasting kinda nasty for about a week. I turned my wattage all the way down to 5w with no luck. I cleaned the tank and everything as well. It's an istick 40w with a melo 2 tank charging with a cord that barely lasts 30 mins at a time. I chain vape. But I've taken some breaks and it still hasn't helped.

If you still smoke and vape (dual user), I remember my vape would always have a slight burnt taste to it, especially after having a smoke.

Another thing is I vape a lot of coffee vapes. And some of them have a slight burnt taste to them too. Probably from over roasted coffee beans flavoring. I don't know what other flavorings can taste like this, but there might be others.

Mike P

ECF Veteran
    Nov 13, 2017
    if it's a burnt taste your getting after a few days then keep in mind that pre made coil heads don't last long in general. especially sub ohm heads, though I hear the new mesh kinds are better.

rdas are the way to go with sub ohm vaping. no need to build coils either, grab a pack of coilology 7in1 and you'll be set for a couple years.

as far as vapers tongue goes, that could be part of it. I have to switch juices every two days, at that point the juice has no flavor anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread