Flavor west ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't see hardly any reference to Flavor West flavorings here on the forum. I just received my first order from them and as far as price, smell, and quantity of flavoring it seems to me a helluva deal. I ordered 4-4oz bottles. Rootbeer, Fruitstripegum, Sugarcookie, Pumpkinspice...This is a TON of flavoring for under $6.00 a piece! Is it not as concentrated as other flavorings? Do I need to use more and thats why its so cheap?

Any recipes for FW? I can't seem to find many....:vapor:

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Joey,

I've used their Sugar Cookie and their Caramel Candy flavorings. The Sugar Cookie is weaker and I had to use 20% for that one. The Caramel Candy is EXCELLENT in flavor and I used it between 10-15%.

The Caramel Candy tastes unbelievably good mixed with Flavor Arts "Cookie" but FlavorWest's Cookie gets lost in the flavor.

Their prices are about normal. You can get 1 oz of Loranns or Perfumers Apprentice for $5.50 at ecigexpress or OneStop DIY shop. FlavourArt does run a lil higher- like $8 for 1 oz.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think you misread my quantity, I bought four-four oz bottles. So a 4 oz bottle was $5.90! I opened the box and could not believe how much juice was in there! 16 oz for around $24.00. Did they make a mistake? LOL
Joey,

I've used their Sugar Cookie and their Caramel Candy flavorings. The Sugar Cookie is weaker and I had to use 20% for that one. The Caramel Candy is EXCELLENT in flavor and I used it between 10-15%.

The Caramel Candy tastes unbelievably good mixed with Flavor Arts "Cookie" but FlavorWest's Cookie gets lost in the flavor.

Their prices are about normal. You can get 1 oz of Loranns or Perfumers Apprentice for $5.50 at EcigExpress or OneStop DIY Shop. FlavourArt does run a lil higher- like $8 for 1 oz.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Shipping was around $10.00 because it came in a pretty good sized flat rate box.
That is a great buy. How much was shipping? I went to the site and it always gives me 11.00...maybe I need to sign up for an account? I like flavorwest. I mix low on everythng but I did read somewhere (don't quote me) that one has to use it at 20%. I have never went above 10% on flavorwest.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
I was going to order from Flavor West, but I had not tried any flavors and I did not want to spend so much if I wasn't sure. 4oz is a lot of 1 flavor.
Then I noticed on their site they have a link for smaller amounts here DIY Juice.com for $5.00 flat rate shipping. They are 7.5 ml bottles for 2.50 which is a little better than 1.50 per dram 3.7ml. I just placed an order and got my shipping notice.
If I like the flavors I will definitely order the bigger bottles. Even with 10.00 shipping for at least 4 bottles= 16oz the amount you are getting for the cost is great. At like 2.50 per oz with shipping on 4flavors should go a long way in DIYing.

Last edited:

Robotfactory

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
San Jose, CA
i have not tried many FW flavors yet (Vanilla Cupcake, Sugar Cookie, Fruit Stripe Gum). The fruit stripe gum was about on par with the strength of other flavor makers (i.e. 10-20% flavor needed), but the other two were VERY weak. I think I mixed them up to about 25% and still couldn't taste much.

I am becoming more interested in having less flavorings in my juices, so I have been switching more and more to Flavourart. I have also found Flavourart's flavors to be pretty damn good (Hypnotic Mist, Oba Oba, Cantaloupe, Fresh Fig so far).

With that said, I do want to try a number of other FW flavors and see if they are more on par with the Fruit Stripe strength. If so, I would be very happy!

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
I have a couple and find them to be very good as far as tasting what they are supposed to taste like but they are a bit on the weak side. And they clog my stuff up. :( PA Cinnamon plus FW sugar cookie is goood. But cloggy. The cinnamon roll is out of this world as far as flavor but burns and the good flavor goes to burnt fairly quickly.

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
I ordered some flavorwest awhile ago from nicvape. Filed away in my "ew" bag the day I got them.

Mixed up peach, peach tobacco, vanilla tobacco, flue cured tobacco. They were all disgusting, especially the tobaccos. I came back a month later and still didn't care for them, dumped the bottles I mixed and moved on.

The flavorwest site recommends mixing at, no joke, 25% to 50% because the flavors are weak. I tried them at 20%, and while weak, the flavor I was getting just was NOT good to me.

I mix my flavorwest at 30 percent...IM vaping cinnamon roll right now.. its great

I have used apple, coconut, Pineapple, Mango, all good... Have move flavors but those are the flavors Ive tried so far and the bottles are huge.

I use 48mg nic and end up with 32-34 mg nic on a 30ml bottle

and used juicy fruit and fruitstripe those flavors are spot on but no gum flavor kinda weird but good none the less.

Dooter

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
I'm still pretty new to DIY, but I've got several FW flavors... Like others have stated, they are pretty weak. I'm finding I need to mix them up at 20% at least.

The Swedish Fish is yummy if you add Cotton Candy to it to sweeten it up...

The Bananas Foster is straight up disgusting, and the Salt Water Taffy tastes really tart and not all that great.

The Blueberry, Raspberry, Vanilla Custard and Peach are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread