Flavorah Concentrates Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Keep in mind I have limited experience. I might have plenty of flavors but haven’t had time to test them all yet. That being said... I’m going to have to say, like all flavor companies, Flavorah also has their select flavors which might be a bit better than the others. Being that taste is subjective, those same select flavors might not be the same for me as another. Also, I’d personally much rather pay a bit more if it'll last significantly longer due to low percentage needed.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Well that’s what I was figuring too. I have no problem paying a higher price for a better product. I just haven’t tried any of their products yet but I’d like to.
They have a few I never let run out. cookie dough, milk and honey, wild melon to name a few.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Flavorah is quite a bit more expensive than other manufacturers flavor concentrates. Is it THAT much “better” or authentic tasting?

Just curious. Thanks

From my limited experience with Flavorah, I would have to say yes.

Some outstanding hits:

Chocolate Deutsch - OMG this is some good stuff at 1%. Like a rich chocolate cake with a a bit of a coconut edge to it that some people don't like but I love it.

Cookie Dough - also really really good around 1.5%

Cream - another good one at 1% to 2% with no off notes

Creme de Menthe - I use this for a chocolate mint cookie at 1.5%

Guanabana - a tropical delight in a bottle. Can be used anywhere from 1% up to 4% with outstanding results

Milk and Honey - OMG this is an awesome deep rich flavor without much of a "honey" taste to it. There's nothing else like it out there. Use at 1% to 2%

Rich Cinnamon - there's nothing out there like this flavor either. Use at 1 to 2 drops per 30ml. A 10ml bottle of this will last years and years.

Wild Melon - also a very unique flavor. Soooooo good with INW Shisha Strawberry.

Sweet Coconut - pretty good and not expensive so I would say it's a winner as I use it around 1% and it gives a nice sweet coconut flavor.

I also have a bunch I haven't tried yet:
Milk Chocolate
Cantaloupe
Pink Guava
Waffle
Watermelon

My only real disappointment has been FLV Mango. Lots of good talk about it but I can't really seem to find a good use for it yet.

As always, YMMV :)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Chocolate Deutsch - OMG this is some good stuff at 1%. Like a rich chocolate cake with a a bit of a coconut edge to it that some people don't like but I love it.
If you like FLV-Chocolate Duetsch; have you tried Rumplestiltskin? It is a German chocolate cake recipe I found on Reddit (by InsigmaTheory). It is a dead ringer for how I remember Mom's scratch GCC tasting. Warning: it is richer than all get-out... a small batch goes a long way! (and yes; there is a definite coconut note to me:))
upload_2018-5-17_17-52-50.png

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
If you like FLV-Chocolate Duetsch; have you tried Rumplestiltskin? It is a German chocolate cake recipe I found on Reddit (by InsigmaTheory). It is a dead ringer for how I remember Mom's scratch GCC tasting. Warning: it is richer than all get-out... a small batch goes a long way! (and yes; there is a definite coconut note to me:))
View attachment 742819

I haven't tried that recipe but I do something similar with WF Hazelnuts and Cream and some WF Tahitian Vanilla Cream and a dash of FA Meringue and FA Marshmallow. I keep the Chocolate Deutsch at 1% because that's plenty enough for me. I'll have to try pushing it to 1.75% some time and see how rich it gets ;)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

Some outstanding hits:

Guanabana - a tropical delight in a bottle. Can be used anywhere from 1% up to 4% with outstanding results

Milk and Honey - OMG this is an awesome deep rich flavor without much of a "honey" taste to it. There's nothing else like it out there. Use at 1% to 2%

Rich Cinnamon - there's nothing out there like this flavor either. Use at 1 to 2 drops per 30ml. A 10ml bottle of this will last years and years.

Wild Melon - also a very unique flavor. Soooooo good with INW Shisha Strawberry.

Sweet Coconut - pretty good and not expensive so I would say it's a winner as I use it around 1% and it gives a nice sweet coconut flavor.

Milk Chocolate
Cantaloupe
Pink Guava
Waffle
Watermelon

My only real disappointment has been FLV Mango. Lots of good talk about it but I can't really seem to find a good use for it yet.

Thanks for the response!
Does the coconut taste like actual coconut? I have one from TPA while sweet and creamy doesn’t taste like coconut to me.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
They have a few I never let run out. cookie dough, milk and honey, wild melon to name a few.
Tried to make milk & honey with FA honey. I wasn’t too thrilled with it. I now have FLV milk & honey but haven’t yet tried. Now, I have to sooner rather than later! I’ve added the other 2 to my list for future purchases. Thanks for sharing!

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN

Some outstanding hits:

Milk Chocolate
Cantaloupe
Pink Guava
Waffle
Watermelon

...And now I’m adding more to my list:facepalm: I also have milk chocolate but haven’t tried it yet. Pink guava is good IMO! Mango is good in Shyndo's Mango Sticky Rice. I swear the taste just keeps changing with this recipe. It’s different! NotCharlesManson's Guava-Lime Candy is a good recipe for pink guava. Thanks:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
-FLV wild melons is worth every penny
-Papaya Punch is good, very strong start low .25-.5%, wish it had more of a tart note
-Tangerine is good but WF(SC) is better and more user friendly imo and you use the same percentage so for me the FLV is overpriced
-Pink Guava is tasty but more a grapefruit with a guava exhale than a true guava, love it in citrus mixes

Those are the only ones I have.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    My only real disappointment has been FLV Mango. Lots of good talk about it but I can't really seem to find a good use for it yet
    I know others swear by this Mango, but I taste it as the most delicious Peach ever.
    Pink guava is good IMO!
    I mix this with some Cap Sweet Guava and it's spot on Guava to me, without the cat urine odor from TFA Guava

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Thanks for the response!
    Does the coconut taste like actual coconut? I have one from TPA while sweet and creamy doesn’t taste like coconut to me.

Which TPA coconut flavor do you have? I have TPA Coconut Extra and TPA Coconut Candy and both taste like coconut to me, just different.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    ...And now I’m adding more to my list:facepalm: I also have milk chocolate but haven’t tried it yet. Pink guava is good IMO! Mango is good in Shyndo's Mango Sticky Rice. I swear the taste just keeps changing with this recipe. It’s different! NotCharlesManson's Guava-Lime Candy is a good recipe for pink guava. Thanks:)

I've tried it in Shyndo's Mango Sticky Rice too and the recipe was almost unvapable to me. I think I vaped it anyway but I don't remember liking it. :rolleyes:
    I subbed FE Mango and the recipe was still unvapable. Then I tried different coconuts. Still didn't work for me.
    For now I've given up on the sticky rice concept.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I've tried it in Shyndo's Mango Sticky Rice too and the recipe was almost unvapable to me. I think I vaped it anyway but I don't remember liking it. :rolleyes:
    Myself & 7 others have really enjoyed it! We still are. Yep, taste truly is subjective! FLV mango is new for me. So I have plans to try it in other recipes but haven’t yet. Wish I had more to suggest but I don’t atm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread