flavorless throat hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
getting a new kit soon, switching from cig-alikes with prefilled carts to a triton. i dont have the cash for juice quite yet, and i have bottles of VG sitting around. i dont care too much about flavor at this point but id like to still vape. nicotine isnt an issue either, ive read that adding vodka adds TH, but my question is, what else can add TH besides vodka, and when i do go to mix the batch, what ratios should i use?

thanks again for any responce

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
the tank that comes with the triton are a top coil. and after this purchase i am litteraly broke. thats why im asking what i can use around the house. im not sure if vaping alcohol is that dangerous, seeing as there is a big name brand alcohol spray that your suppose to spray into your mouth and inhail for an instant couple seconds of drunkness. i dont remember the name but i have seen it.

i cant PURCHASE anything as i said im broke after buying this triton. im just looking for a way to work around making a vape juice untill i get money to buy some.

Argonaut

May 7, 2009
defdock:10294651 said:
the tank that comes with the triton are a top coil. and after this purchase i am litteraly broke. thats why im asking what i can use around the house. im not sure if vaping alcohol is that dangerous, seeing as there is a big name brand alcohol spray that your suppose to spray into your mouth and inhail for an instant couple seconds of drunkness. i dont remember the name but i have seen it.

They also sell .... and crack pipes in many convenience stores :). I agree that it can't be worse then either of those two.

i cant PURCHASE anything as i said im broke after buying this triton. im just looking for a way to work around making a vape juice untill i get money to buy some.

Other then what I said or nicotine based solutions there really is no other alternatives. So alcohol is your only choice next to waiting for your new kit.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I'd just wait for your kit. I've heard of people trying all sorts of rather unorthodox things in a pinch, but, it isn't advisable to vape things not intended for vaping, like alcohol.

If you do have a long wait, more than a week, you might want to ask nicely if anyone will be charitable and send you some juice to hold you over. Just a thought.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
the kit i dont think comes with juice. its just a the battery,tanks and chargers. thats why im tryin to get a juice to start it on instead of waiting another 2-3 weeks for the money and then another 1-2 weeks for juice mail delivery. i dont expect any one to be nice and send me a bottle, i understand this stuff costs money and i personaly would like to work for it. i just dont like handouts.

thanks again for the feedback guys

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
A few drops of everclear or vodka to thin out the vg will work. ALso, menthol drops in the vg can give u a little th
i figured menthol would, i just dont have any, nor the cash to get some.
looked around and seen that everclear, vodka and gin have ben used for this. i took a look in the liquor cabinet and could only find gin, and a bunch of fruity crap.

seen alot of different ratios also, and was unclear on which is best. some say a few drops, some say 15-20% of the mix. i kinda just did a small batch inside of an empty food coloring bottle, didnt use drops to be exact but from eyeball veiw it looks to be around 15% or less gin.

untill the Triton gets here, im still using logic brand, so my cart thats attached, ben going for 2 days, i popped open and added 5 drops of this quick blend. i see alot of DIY juice needs steeping, but im guessing thats for flavor? this is unflavored anyways so i figure it didnt need to sit around. the few drops lessened the menthol in this cart but it seems like the TH went up a tad and more vapor was clearly visable.

gunna keep dripping till this cart is empty of its original flavor to get an exact feel of this juice without any preexsisting nic or menthol to blur my perspective, my question i prupose to you guys now, for your experiance, what EXACT ratio should i use when adding "vodka/gin/everclear"?

as "Argonaut" described - its "just plain bad to inhale" - from popular consensus how bad do you think it really is?

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
ok this is a quick question and i probably already know the answer, but looking at a bottle of crystal light liquid- for water flaver enhancer, i see it consists of water, pg, flavor and non suger sweetner. has anyone tried it inside of an ecig? or would it completly damage the atty?

i understand its a stupid ... question. but im wondering lol

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Keep in mind that the alcohol content in e-liquids is really minimal most of the time. Maybe 10% max. And not the tasty part of the vape so keep that in mind as well. In theory if you used a store bought flavoring like vanilla extract (be sure it contains no sugar or fillers just extract and alcohol) at 20% -30% you might have something vapable. Not sure about the flavor per say but it should diminish the thickness enough to make it vapable.

If that really is all that is in there, no coloring or fillers, then it should be alright to try. You won't have a clue about strength so start very low.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
80PG/20VG mix

8% Menthol (10% Solution)
5% Koolada
2.5% Pineapple (from Vaping Zone Super Concentrates Gourmet [or VZ SCG for short])

Even at 0 nic, that will give you a good throat hit without a doubt.

Perfumers Apprentice - Menthol and Mint
10$ for 15 mls of Koolada and 15 mls of Menthol 10% PG.

VZ-SC Gourmet Pineapple Flavoring - E Cig : Best Ejuice | Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
8$ for the VZ SCG Pineapple.

With shipping, the flavors you'll need will be a little bit over 20$, but they'll last you an incredible amount of time. Too lazy to do the math on how many mls that will get you, but it will be for months to come. Cinnamon is another throat hitter, but it has to be a plain/hot cinnamon rather than a sweet cinnamon roll flavor. I've had much better luck getting a desirable flavor using just menthol and hard hitting SC's, with pineapple being the hardest hitter I've found yet.

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Keep in mind that the alcohol content in e-liquids is really minimal most of the time. Maybe 10% max. And not the tasty part of the vape so keep that in mind as well. In theory if you used a store bought flavoring like vanilla extract (be sure it contains no sugar or fillers just extract and alcohol) at 20% -30% you might have something vapable. Not sure about the flavor per say but it should diminish the thickness enough to make it vapable.

If that really is all that is in there, no coloring or fillers, then it should be alright to try. You won't have a clue about strength so start very low.
now from what i understand, oil will damage an atomizer, and from popular consensus - alot of extracts contain oil.
as stated in the begining of this thread, im not looking for a flavorizer, just a way to get a decent TH with just VG.

tho i didnt mix in EXACT, eyeballing it looked like about 15% or less gin in pure VG. it made it pretty liquidy compared to VG but not as runny as water.
it seams fine right now, but after puffin on it thru a carto - the vaper production is diminishing pretty quickly. from what you said some people put "maybe 10% max - i might have put too much.

80PG/20VG mix

8% menthol
5% koolada
2.5% pineapple (from Vaping Zone Gourmet Super Concentrates)

Even at 0 nic, that will give you a good throat hit without a doubt.

all i have on hand is VG and anything else that household, no money to buy PG or flavors

im not trying to bash anyone, and i really appreciate all this input.

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
i figure im not going to beable to produce a GOOD TH, but any TH is better then none. this mini batch is wierdly enough - starting to taste like the Non menthol carts that this "logic" brand makes. just minus the vanila. then again, it could be the batch mixing with the small amounts of liquid still in this cart from me trying to vape it empty. and after a minute it seamed like the vapor was being diminished, but puffing on it more, it seamed to come back stonger. lots of vapor, more then this brands carts ever did

S13cloudZ

Jul 15, 2013
Greenville, SC
I know the offer is ending soon as I just received an email from halo saying so, but if you ordered the triton kit from the halo website, I believe you should receive a free voodoo sample with your kit. You may be able to make that juice last you 4-5 days depending on how often/much you vape...

The offer they had going was a free voodoo sample with any purchase over 20$ or so.. I'll check my email now to see when it ended.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I know the offer is ending soon as I just received an email from halo saying so, but if you ordered the triton kit from the halo website, I believe you should receive a free voodoo sample with your kit. You may be able to make that juice last you 4-5 days depending on how often/much you vape...

The offer they had going was a free voodoo sample with any purchase over 20$ or so.. I'll check my email now to see when it ended.
yeah i seen that, but im not sure if im getting the bottle of free liq cause i didnt purchase the "kit" since money is an issue, i ordered one battery, one charger, and one tank, all seperate for about half the price.

EDIT: yeah the home page still has it listed and like you said- any purchase over 20$ FCK YEAH.
but like i said when i started the thread, i could give a crap less about flavor. so i guess depending on how it tastes, im probably just gunna end up mixing this bottle of vg/gin with it.

did some more research and came across people using vinegar for throat hit, and that "some" manufacture use it in their ejuice. can any one confirm that it adds TH?

Last edited:

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Rum has sugar in it and will gunk up your stuff faster than some other choices.

Vinegar may add to TH but I suspect the amount needed will have a taste. I use it in some of my mixes in very small amounts (it is used to balance flavors and acidity/alkalinity) and don't see any change in TH.

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Rum has sugar in it and will gunk up your stuff faster than some other choices.

Vinegar may add to TH but I suspect the amount needed will have a taste. I use it in some of my mixes in very small amounts (it is used to balance flavors and acidity/alkalinity) and don't see any change in TH.

thanks for catching it, i ment to say gin - not rum lol

as of vinegar, i see a couple threads on here where some people add like 3-4 drops per 5ml and it "adds a whammer of a throat kick" thats why im asking.

i already went ahead and mixed my whole bottle of vg with about 10% gin - eyeballed. the small batch i made in a empty food color bottle seams to be fine on TH - its a little lower then the prefilled carts with this brand, but its definitely feelable.

and the lever of vinigar needed for TH like you said would possibly add its own taste, but i can almost give a crap less about taste, im just looking for the vapor and TH.

AGAIN - THANKS TO EVERY ONE for the input, every little bit is helpfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread