Flavors for custardy buttery exhale, and a couple other questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I've used capella's vanilla custard a few times now,and it seems like the flavor doesn't really start to get good until about a week,and will get better and better,after 4-5 weeks it is really creamy.

How in the world can you have the strength to wait that long. If I go 2 weeks I think I am doing good lol.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I wanted to give an update and thank everyone for their help.

Its five days into steep and the custard exhale is starting to develop. What a change in only a couple days, its almost like magic but Im positive its science.

Another thing im learning is to be sparing with the flavors. More flavor doesnt always mean better flavor, and that maybe adding sweeteners isnt the best route for flavor.

Im really trying to make a great liquid. It would be such a win to be able to consistently make something I like and will enjoy vaping. Also, my buddy owns a vape shop and sells his home made liquids (which are freakin awesome), and I would love to walk in with something that knocks his socks off.

For my next order im getting TPA bavarian cream, capella butter, and capella graham cracker. Ill already have cap vanilla custard , TPA hazelnut and TPA dulce de leche on hand.

I am debating vanillin, marshmallo, and cotton candy

Yep do it... You might want to get vanilla cupcake and vanilla bean too. I hope you have a note book and are writing what you do down.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
How in the world can you have the strength to wait that long. If I go 2 weeks I think I am doing good lol.

It was easy,i got hooked on another flavor so the custard sat in the cabinet for quite a long time,mainly because it got pushed behind some other bottles and i forgot it was in there haha.It's very easy to let them get a good long steep if you forget you even made it haha,i go through binges where i will make over 20 different flavors on some weeks,so i have several that i sit in the cabinet to steep,and dont remember they are there until i eventually start clearing out to make more room.You find some nice surprises like that,as well as some that you really wish you had never found haha.

pauly walnuts

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
pa
Yep do it... You might want to get vanilla cupcake and vanilla bean too. I hope you have a note book and are writing what you do down.

Its funny you say that, I just started recording my recipes online ten minutes ago. I like it better than paper e-Liquid Calculator

It seems to have a 'public or private option' Hopefully everyone can find my recipes and use them.

Heres the one thats working best. Im on five days steep and counting. It literally gets better every day.:vapor:
I call it Carmilla Nutty Custard Cake
13% nic
50/50 pgvg
12% capellas vanilla custard
1.5% TFA dulce de leche
1.5% TFA carmel candy
1% TFA hazelnut
1% TFA vanilla cupcake

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Right now I have capella vanilla custard, tfa hazelnut, dulce de leche, vanilla cupcake and carmel candy.
I just ordered TFA graham cracker, cotton candy, butter, and capella cake batter.

I thimk im geared up to make an awesome vanilla custard compilation.

Any tips on how to use all of these to their best effect?

Taste is subjective. I would leave out the cake batter or switch it with the cupcake to start. Then add one item at maybe 1.5% and see if you notice any difference good or bad. Then maybe add a different flavor to your mix and see how that goes. Now you are getting down to personal taste. Each item you add you might want to drop your vanilla custard a percent? Or what I like to do is go all in and call it my custard kitchen sink lol. How big a batch do you plan to make at a time to start? Do you let it steep?

The one I like the best that I make I have 10 different flavors :facepalm: Most ppl that try it love it.

Last edited:

pauly walnuts

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
pa
Taste is subjective. I would leave out the cake batter or switch it with the cupcake to start. Then add one item at maybe 1.5% and see if you notice any difference good or bad. Then maybe add a different flavor to your mix and see how that goes. Now you are getting down to personal taste. Each item you add you might want to drop your vanilla custard a percent? Or what I like to do is go all in and call it my custard kitchen sink lol. How big a batch do you plan to make at a time to start? Do you let it steep?

The one I like the best that I make I have 10 different flavors :facepalm: Most ppl that try it love it.
Im basing my new creations with the capellas vanilla custard, and adding lesser percentages of other flavors, just like the recipe above.

As for steeping, absolutely. I already have around 60ml steeping in three different batches/combinations. I will vape them all in sequence, unless one batch is horrible, which I cant imagine since the variations are small. With each batch I move on to, it steeps longer than the last, and each seems better than the last.

Right now, im vaping the recipe above. It has been steeping for a week and its great (I cant really taste the cupcake though). It takes me 4 or 5 days to get through 20mg, so I keep gaining steep time.

If you where me, what would you make with my stash?

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Its funny you say that, I just started recording my recipes online ten minutes ago. I like it better than paper e-Liquid Calculator

It seems to have a 'public or private option' Hopefully everyone can find my recipes and use them.

Heres the one thats working best. Im on five days steep and counting. It literally gets better every day.:vapor:
I call it Carmilla Nutty Custard Cake
13% nic
50/50 pgvg
12% capellas vanilla custard
1.5% TFA dulce de leche
1.5% TFA carmel candy
1% TFA hazelnut
1% TFA vanilla cupcake

That is fine to do it on line like that but I write down more info than that site will let me. Such as what coil am I using my thought on a flavor fresh after a week and so on. I like to write a lot down it makes it easier for me to add notes and more. To me juice is more of a art than science :2c:

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Im basing my new creations with the capellas vanilla custard, and adding lesser percentages of other flavors, just like the recipe above.

As for steeping, absolutely. I already have around 60ml steeping in three different batches/combinations. I will vape them all in sequence, unless one batch is horrible, which I cant imagine since the variations are small. With each batch I move on to, it steeps longer than the last, and each seems better than the last.

Right now, im vaping the recipe above. It has been steeping for a week and its great (I cant really taste the cupcake though). It takes me 4 or 5 days to get through 20mg, so I keep gaining steep time.

If you where me, what would you make with my stash?

Your not going to like my answer wait lol You have 3 batches steeping you need to check out. What flavor do you want to be the most dominate? If you can get a 510 atty to use as a dripper. and check it as you go. You said you can't taste cupcake and if that is what you want use equal amounts of that and vanilla custard maybe even a little more cup cake. So cut down on the vc and increase the cup cake. Then fill in the rest with what ever flavor you want. Again this is just my :2c: so when will you be delivering it to me lol j/k

pauly walnuts

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
pa
Your not going to like my answer wait lol You have 3 batches steeping you need to check out. What flavor do you want to be the most dominate? If you can get a 510 atty to use as a dripper. and check it as you go. You said you can't taste cupcake and if that is what you want use equal amounts of that and vanilla custard maybe even a little more cup cake. So cut down on the vc and increase the cup cake. Then fill in the rest with what ever flavor you want. Again this is just my :2c: so when will you be delivering it to me lol j/k

I do like your answer!!!! I am not adverse to waiting, as long as the time is worth it. Im on a knowledge gathering mission and not all answers are convenient.
So, what is your suggested steep time??? Im vaping my mix from the 13th and its pretty good at a week of steep. It may take a week to get through it, so my next bottle will sit for two weeks.

Im looking for a vanilly sweet taste on the tongue, and a buttery/ custardy exhale. Im an exhale flavor junkie, I want an inhale thats acceptable and an exhale thats exceptional. Im getting there day by day it seems. Every day seems better than the last.

As for your last sentence, PM inbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread