the deep south
oh dear
t3607.gif

nightsong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Dallas
We've supplied DHL with all of the info they have asked of us. The representative advised it should clear customs in 1-3 business days, then it has to go through FDA which will take another 3-5 business days before the package will be on it's way. Empty bottles supposedly left Earth City, MO on 2/4 but they haven't reached TX yet....

Hang in there, the end is in sight !

nightsong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Dallas
Great news: DHL called and reported our package from FA has been cleared by all regulatory agencies!!!! Delivery should be attempted tomorrow, unfortunately I have to work. I could leave a note on the door but we are forecasted to stay below freezing tomorrow so don't think I should take a chance on our precious flavors freezing. I am off on Friday and can accept delivery then.
Not so good news: our empty bottles are still stuck in Earth City, MO due to adverse weather from last week (haven't moved since 2/4) UPS advised Lulu they should start moving again today. Hopefully these can make it here by Friday as well!

nightsong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Dallas
I unexpectedly left for work later than planned this morning which worked out well as I was home when DHL rang the bell. Unfortunately when I opened the box, I was less than pleased :(
openingbox-1.jpg

Immediately noticed, liquid in the bag of 20ml bottles:
bagof20mlbottles-1.jpg

One of the 20 ml bottles leaked all over the other 25 bottles in the bag which messed up all of the labels making them difficult if not impossible to read. Had to go to work so set all of the bottles upright so they wouldn't leak any more but you can see some of the labels are totally washed out.
20mlbottles-1.jpg

Think it was the pandoro that leaked so all of the 20 ml bottles smell like pandoro :(
I was able to match up 6 with their flavor number but can't read the name at all. On 4 bottles, the ink has totally washed away, they probably contain:
20 ml Cheese Mozzarella
20 ml White Wine
20 ml Pandoro
20 ml Nut Mix
Inventoried when I got home tonight. Found the following errors with the order:
1. Ordered 250 ml Cowboy Blend - only received 20 ml
2. Ordered 100ml Dark Vapure - only received 20 ml
CBandDVshorted-1.jpg

I'm pretty disappointed with this order. We were severely shorted on very expensive tobacco flavorings and with an order over $1300, I think they could have packaged it a little better. The box does not appear to have been opened by customs or the FDA as there is a "Fragile Keep Dry" sticker over the top of the shipping tape.

We will contact FA concerning our shortages and will keep everyone updated. On the plus side, none of the large bottles leaked.
IMG00102-20110210-2151.jpg

The empty bottles should be here tomorrow so I can start dividing up the flavors over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread