Flooded LT Tank Carto Issues--Desperate Need Help Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
I am having some serious tank issues. Went through 6 carts in 2 days. I use 1.5 DCT 3 holes. Flooding issues. I tried the filling technique Steve Sweetland suggested and it worked for a few hours then flooded. I went back to the way I use to do it by dripping 20 drops into the cart and its still flooding. I have been using this method for 3 months with no problems, so I do not understand why this is happening now. Its a huge issue because I only have 4 carts left and I'm leaving for Mexcio in two days so no time to order anymore. I'm at a loss what to do to keep the few carts I have left from flooding so I can vape in Mexico. If I don't get this resolved I will have to take cigarettes and I don't want to do that. Any suggestions--I am desperate.

Thanks

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
The three hole punched thing may be what's causing the flooding. For me, a carto only really needs one good hole, or two normal holes. Three is kinda pushing it, IMO. I use 20-35 drops to prime the carto for my DCT cartotank, and then once it's primed I fill the tank. Never ever had flooding issues. Have you tried blowing from the top of the carto into the carto itself, while in the tank, and see if a whole bunch of fluid comes shooting out of the bottom, where the carto screws into the battery? I mean don't go Superman arctic-breath crazy, a good half lung-full of air will do it. Hope this helps. If not... Sorry, man. I feel ya.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
I do not have VG.

Yes I have blown through the hole and juice comes out. Juice is on the battery connector too and I'm constantly wiping it out.

Crap, crap and more crap is all I can say. This is bad timing.

I can tell you I will never get stuck like this again. When I get home I will order 5 tanks. 20 carts single holed and some Vg for the rest of the 3 holed carts I have. I'm thinking its a batch of bad carts or bad tank seal issue.

CRAP.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I know this isn't gonna help the OP but I use very thick 100 VG stuff (The Vapor Room) and even with that I found the 3 hole cartos to be just "too much." Is it possible for a tank carto to become too saturated? Sure seemed like it to me.

If you mean by flooding you are getting juice in your mouth there is the possibility that you have a run of bad cartos. If the coils weren't wrapped properly and are too close to the vent tube the coil could be melting a hole in that center tube in very short order. Gently try putting a straightened paper clip down that vent tube. If you are hitting resistance that's a sign the tube has melted and may have a hole in it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread