The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Florida Vaping Bans

Discussion in 'Florida Vapors Club' started by Uncle, Oct 17, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

• Like Like x 2
  2. Uncle

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    As well some communities and their management or BoD's are or may now undertake to apply FL's recent irrationally contrived constitutional proscription on workplace vaping as the legal basis to abrogate individual ownership right in common property, elements or related services…as I cautioned some time ago. So if they can't do it top-down it will be bottom-up. Pretty much as expected, we're getting it.

Good luck. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Uncle

NEW CASSA ALERT ! ! !

BAN ONLINE SALES TO FLORIDIANS:

A bill (SB 810) that would ban direct-to-consumer online sales is scheduled for the first of several committee meetings on

Monday, January 21, 2020
    10:00 AM

Committee on Health Policy
    Pat Thomas Committee Room, Rm 412
    Knott Building
    601-631 Duval St
    Tallahassee, FL

Please take a moment to send a message to committee members. Below, CASAA is providing contact information, talking points, and a prewritten comment that you can customize and paste into your email.

• Informative Informative x 5
  5. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    I read the bill. There is no vaping or smoking within 1000 feet of a school unless you were in a car or on private property. There are schools around me but I wouldn't know how far away they are. I don't think I would move to a state where I can't mail order products unless that was true in every state. From what I see the whole thing looks very cumbersome. The penalties on retailers seem extreme and the penalties on kids very little. After all these years nobody did anything about kids smoking so now all of a sudden that's all going to change? Why do I doubt it?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    "(1) It is unlawful for any person under 21 years of age to smoke tobacco or vape in, on, or within 1,000 feet of the 22 real property comprising a public or private elementary, middle, 23 or secondary school"

I don't think that part would affect you (or me!). ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'm thinking the more time that goes by maybe the Panic will settle down. How do we just delay them for a while?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Personally, I refuse to panic over every bill that's introduced and then referred to some committee. There's a huge number of bills introduced in state legislatures (and even Congress) every year that get referred to committee and are never seen again thereafter.

But even if it passes and is signed by the Governor, it doesn't go into effect until after well after the FedGov's May 12th PMTA deadline, and then any mail-order restrictions are pretty much a moot point anyway.

Bottom line: I won't be selling my place in Florida over this even if it does pass. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Uncle

Just As An FYI . . . .

UPDATE From CASSA:

(Updated - 01.30.20)
    Two Bills, SB 810 (online sales ban) and SB 1394 (85% wholesale tax), are scheduled for a committee meeting on
    Monday, February 3, 2020
    1:30 PM

Committee on Innovation, Industry, and Technology
    Tori Jennings Committee Room, Rm 110
    Senate Building Building
    Tallahassee, FL

.​

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Thanks @Uncle, beat me to it.

Here's the juris lingo…
    Committee Contact Information:

Phone Email Twitter
    Wilton Simpson (R)
    Chair (850) 487-5010 simpson.wilton.web@flsenate.gov @WiltonSimpson
    Lizbeth Benacquisto (R)
    Vice Chair (850) 487-5027 benacquisto.lizbeth.web@flsenate.gov @lizbethkb

Rob Bradley (R) (850) 487-5005 bradley.rob.web@flsenate.gov @Rob_Bradley
    Jeff Brandes (R) (850) 487-5024 brandes.jeff.web@flsenate.gov @JeffreyBrandes
    Travis Hutson (R) (850) 487-5007 hutson.travis.web@flsenate.gov @TravisJHutson
    Kathleen Passidomo (R) (850) 487-5028 Passidomo.Kathleen.web@flsenate.gov @Kathleen4SWFL
    Randolph Bracy (D) (850) 487-5011 bracy.randolph.web@flsenate.gov @rbracy30
    Oscar Braynon (D) (850) 487-5035 braynon.oscar.web@flsenate.gov @oscarjb2
    Gary Farmer (D) (850) 487-5034 farmer.gary.web@flsenate.gov @FarmerForFLSen
    Audrey Gibson (D) (850) 487-5006 gibson.audrey.web@flsenate.gov @SenAudrey2eet

Good luck all. :)

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    There are really two places I fear winding up in my dotage and it's CA an FL.

IDK why they have to suck so much but they do,

Well, I suppose with no workable house anywhere, I need not worry quite yet. LOL.

Anna

12. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Having lived in Florida most of my life, I wish I could defend it. But, we have some of the most notorious politicians in the country and the people who keep electing them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    It's okay even if they weren't in place, you would still be the place that had alligators, mosquitoes the size of trucks, and like, the everglades. Even that word sends shivers down my spine,. My parents wanted to go there SO MUCH.

I think they were trying to kill off a child possibly me,, because it is ALSO the state in which my parents allowed my security blanket to get LOST. I was weepy but she told me I could have "anything I wanted" if like, I just shut up about it.

I mean ANYTHING. A unicorn.. A pony. A house of my own in the back yard with an easy bake oven!

I CHOSE A LITEBRITE.

I don't know what was wrong with me, but the Lite bite was both cool, and the source of my biggest resentment, later.

There is no way a state is coming back from that. Elect who you want. I do not care. LOL I mean I care about YOU personally, but I ain't setting foot there EVER again,

Losing your transitional object SUCKS. I always tell parents to buy doubles if their kid has one (or more.) Unfortunately my son's was this vile black and white blanket I could not replace. Mr.Fluffy went to the surgery hospital on many occasions and I do not SEW voluntarily. But, he still has it, boxed up somewhere. This is because I was a good mom who would never vacation in FLORIDA

Anna

14. NCC

Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Odd, the things you find deplorable about Florida aren't even on my list, as a long time Florida resident who would rather live elsewhere. In fact, one of them is even an attraction, although I live hundreds of miles from the Everglades.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Take it from someone who has a place to hang his hat in two other states as well, but chooses to spend as much time as possible in Florida: This state has issues/problems, as does every other state, but it also has redeeming qualities, like this sunrise the other day:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. NCC

Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Florida doesn't own the patent on sunrises, nor sunsets.
    OregonSunset.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Uncle

Another FYI . . . .

UPDATE From CASSA - TODAY:

SB 1394, which would subject vapor products to an 85% wholesale tax and SB 810, which would ban online sales, are scheduled for a hearing on

Thursday, February 20, 2020
    9:00 AM
    S. Committee on Appropriations
    Knott Building, Room 412
    601 - 631 S. Duval St.
    Tallahassee, FL

Please make plans to attend this hearing. Even if you do not plan to speak, your presence is important as it demonstrates the large numbers of people affected by this legislation.

Prior to the meeting, please take a moment to make contact with your officials urging them to reject SB 1394.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Seems clear to me that the bureaucrats in FL are intent on destroying the vaping industry unimpeded by any in the legislature. None of the "hearings" I've observed have yielded anything constructive regardless of the favorable testimony of those contributing from our community.

The legislative session has ended and

are headed to Gov DeSantis for signature.

While it's still unclear to me if SB 1394 in full is passed [believe 3/5], it will take effect on the adoption of SB 810.

What will result is [finally] the formal fictional re-definition of vaping as tobacco (smoking) by edict and the effective ban of virtually all vaping products for sale.

I hesitate to even ask but we all of us should appeal to him to VETO this human atrocity if only as a matter of principle.

Good luck. :)

19. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    For what it’s worth...

FL - Stop a Flavor Ban (VETO SB 810)! (UPDATED)

• Like Like x 2