Prairie Canada
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
You're talking about "boiling" nicquid? I believe the nicotine has adverse reactions to exposure to heat. For the atomizer to be submerged, you're going to have issues with nicquid going kaput and tasting foul. This is a guess, but so far, PVs have been limited to atomizer coils that have gradual amounts of nicquid introduced to the heating coil.

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
I tried it out, part of it anyway.

Took apart a 1.5 ohm DC, and unrolled the filler and the diapers and discarded them. Then I inserted the coil assembly back into the clear tube and glued them together. Filled with 50/50 vg/pg. Really thick.

Put on my Infinity and cranked it up. The coils boiled the liquid, it thinned out and started running out the 510 bottom hole.

Luckily I had it on a sealed shorty 510-510 connector.

I had a paper towel around the base to catch the drip.

There was vapor production, but could only run it for a few seconds before the fluid level dropped too much. Next step would be to plug the bottom hole and try it again.

Not sure if this is worth pursuing.

Cartos, with their wicking have a nice, very localized boiling effect, with the filler wicking new liquid to the hot coils at a more or less even rate.

A liquid vaporizer might work with a small boiling chamber at the bottom, with a bigger reservoir at the top.

Don't know if coils would produce enough heat to cause localized boiling if immersed in large volume of cooling liquid.

Also as the bubbles of vapor bubbled up through the cooler liquid they would tend to recondense.

Maybe trying to reinvent the wheel. Anyone have a diagram of a UFS?

Iz.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Yeah im not a modder what so ever but these things perk my curiosity, i have seen the dual coils and that popped in my head what if someone could get that to work in a tank ?
Thats why this thread caught my interest, i mean look how far electronics like cell phones have evolved so quickly you know.
Sorry i don't not have the diagram you seek you would have to contact i forget the screen name but there is a thread on the odeyssus not correctly spelled and thats the fella "i think" you would have to ask .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread