Fluctuating ohms reading on the vamo v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
some fluctuation is normal. I used the pro tank (not mini) and had replacement coils as well. Issue is the quality and consistency of most of them were garbage seeing as they are simply mass produced. Some would last 3-4 weeks others would be bad in 2 days. If it starts tasting bad w/ juice in it or just isn't hitting/vaping well swap it out.

Sd13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
NJ
I have a V3 as well, doesn't seem to fluctuate the ohm reading but it does read it differently than my ZMax Mini (2.6 and 2.5 respectively) Try a different coil and see if it does the same.
My other coil which originally read at 2.0 still reads 2.0. The one i am using now used to read 2.0 but now reads 2.2.

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
Try snugging em down..plus I have seen a 3.2Ω go to a 2.4Ω, but after I did a few dry burns on it

Don't snug down on Vamo connections because it could damage the vamo's weak O-rings. I myself have seen un-reliable readings, I usually change the head had an I clear 30 showing 3.3 and 4.2 and it was suppose to be 2.0. Once i switched to a different head it work perfectly no more then .1 - .3 off.

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
It's nothing to worry about I've seen a.3 variation over the life of a coil lots of times that's the good thing about a vamo running in power mode or wattage if you prefer the vamo will self adjust for the resistance .

Switching to Wattage mode on a bad reading head is not good because the Vamo will self adjust according to its in accurate reading. You will more then likely get a burnt taste if the coil is really a 2.0 and its reading 3.2 it will put out too much power on that 2.0 head. Just try to clean it, dry burn it, if that doesn't work just change the heads out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread