The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fluctuating ohms reading on the vamo v3

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Sd13, Aug 27, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sd13

Sd13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    I am using a mini protank with a 1.8ohm head installed. It read at 2.0 ohms when i first installed the head, but it is now showing at 2.2. ohms. Does this mean that the atomizer head is failing?

2. Vapeaddikt

Vapeaddikt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

some fluctuation is normal. I used the pro tank (not mini) and had replacement coils as well. Issue is the quality and consistency of most of them were garbage seeing as they are simply mass produced. Some would last 3-4 weeks others would be bad in 2 days. If it starts tasting bad w/ juice in it or just isn't hitting/vaping well swap it out.

3. Pinthehizzle

Pinthehizzle Full Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Southern CA
    I have a V3 as well, doesn't seem to fluctuate the ohm reading but it does read it differently than my ZMax Mini (2.6 and 2.5 respectively) Try a different coil and see if it does the same.

4. Sd13

Sd13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    My other coil which originally read at 2.0 still reads 2.0. The one i am using now used to read 2.0 but now reads 2.2.

5. Scotsman6783

Scotsman6783 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2013
    illinois
    Just got my Vamo V3 in the mail today. I noticed the same thing. Glad I'm not the only person seeing this.

6. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    H-Town
    Try snugging em down..plus I have seen a 3.2Ω go to a 2.4Ω, but after I did a few dry burns on it

7. retic1959

retic1959 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

It's nothing to worry about I've seen a.3 variation over the life of a coil lots of times that's the good thing about a vamo running in power mode or wattage if you prefer the vamo will self adjust for the resistance .

8. disco180

disco180 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    New York
    Don't snug down on Vamo connections because it could damage the vamo's weak O-rings. I myself have seen un-reliable readings, I usually change the head had an I clear 30 showing 3.3 and 4.2 and it was suppose to be 2.0. Once i switched to a different head it work perfectly no more then .1 - .3 off.

9. disco180

disco180 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    New York
    Switching to Wattage mode on a bad reading head is not good because the Vamo will self adjust according to its in accurate reading. You will more then likely get a burnt taste if the coil is really a 2.0 and its reading 3.2 it will put out too much power on that 2.0 head. Just try to clean it, dry burn it, if that doesn't work just change the heads out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.