Fluval loses its "flow" within 5 fills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootyology

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
NYC
I've tried tea bag, napkin, steel wool, etc in every which way possible and I've settled on Fluval. It works the best for me, without question. Along with the straw mod, it's been impeccable.

It seems that with any filler at all, eventually the ability for liquid to flow from the recesses to the end that contacts the atomizer is lost. It becomes "trapped" at some physical point along the length of the filler... when i pull the filler out i can see it.

I suspect that it may have to do with the liquids i use. Perhaps as usage continues, the atomization of it leaves certain residues that coagulate around the fibers of the filler. This problem has been just as pervasive when using other "thready" fillers such as steel wool.

I've already resigned myself to having to make another cartridge filling every time it loses it's flow. It really isn't the biggest problem ever.

Please do not respond by telling me to use different liquids, fillers, devices, or any kind of "are you sure you're doing it right?" type of responses.

what i want to know is if anyone else has this problem and if they have any solutions. I'm only interested in what people who experience this problem, if they exist, have to say

Thank you for taking the time to read, and sorry for the unpleasant tone toward certain hypothetical types of responders.

Michele

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lewisville, Texas
I've tried tea bag, napkin, steel wool, etc in every which way possible and I've settled on Fluval. It works the best for me, without question. Along with the straw mod, it's been impeccable.

It seems that with any filler at all, eventually the ability for liquid to flow from the recesses to the end that contacts the atomizer is lost. It becomes "trapped" at some physical point along the length of the filler... when i pull the filler out i can see it.

I suspect that it may have to do with the liquids i use. Perhaps as usage continues, the atomization of it leaves certain residues that coagulate around the fibers of the filler. This problem has been just as pervasive when using other "thready" fillers such as steel wool.

I've already resigned myself to having to make another cartridge filling every time it loses it's flow. It really isn't the biggest problem ever.

Please do not respond by telling me to use different liquids, fillers, devices, or any kind of "are you sure you're doing it right?" type of responses.

what i want to know is if anyone else has this problem and if they have any solutions. I'm only interested in what people who experience this problem, if they exist, have to say

Thank you for taking the time to read, and sorry for the unpleasant tone toward certain hypothetical types of responders.

Yep! I refill my carts after about 4-6 uses. It seems to "gunk up" and I just replace it. It didn't occur to me that it was something that I needed to fix as I fill quite a few carts every morning as I drink coffee and watch the news. *grin* I like the methods I use, I like the juice/flavors that I use so these are not things that I'll compromise on--therefore, I don't mind the methods. Not much help am I? :oops:

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
Yes, this happens to me too. What I do is remove the fluval with a tweezers and run it under the tap until it is white again. Then pat dry with a paper towel and soak with eLiquid while on the towel. Using the tweezers, I then put the soaked filter back in the cart and top it off. I do this 1x day during the week, probably 2x day on the weekends when refilling.

Works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread