Fluxomizer Clear Tube Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
I'm a week into my first ever order of Fluxomizers (or CE-X cartomizers in general), and overall I'm extremely pleased. Performance is great, and longevity of the coil and wick is far better than I expected. Either Fluxomizers, and/or the new Vortexes if they prove to be as good, will be my cartomizers of choice going forward.

The tubes, of course, are another story, but are not a deal-breaker for me. I've had 1 crack at the base, and I cracked the other end attempting to reverse it. Another started showing cracks and loosened up. I repaired it by wrapping each end with cellophane tape (the clear, "non-stretchy" kind similar to packing tape), and then reversed it.

My questions are in regards to the "new" tubes that will become available.

First, what exactly has changed with them. Are they simply thicker, or has the inner diameter been adjusted at all? The old ones appear to be slighty too small for the base and seal, which I believe contributes to the cracking. Also, is it the exact same material?

Second, when will the new version become available to purchase as spares? Once they are, can we be sure that we will receive the new version if we order spares?

One last question on using a syringe tube as a replacement. Has anyone else noticed a plastic or odd taste? I "recycled" a syringe that I've had for awhile, so that could be the reason. I will likely purchase a few more to try out if the odd taste isn't common. However, I still prefer to use original stock tubes, so the syringe mod will simply be a backup when necessary.

Tube issues aside... I'm sold! I really like the Fluxomizers I received, and look forward to trying out the Vortexes, and maybe the new Giantomizers. I also plan to purchase some black or stainless Fluxomizers at some point.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread