Status
Not open for further replies.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
of course, this may just be "my" local store, but i was in a JoAnn fabric store (tulsa, ok, USA) and found some 1/2" thickness foam. it was 50% off, normal 9.99 a yard (i think about 24" tall, didn't measure) so i got 2.5 yards of it. that's a lot of foam to play around with!

there's a post below about using the small Case Logic USB jumpdrive cases and converting them using crafting foam, i will say you've got about 1" of space inside the thing. so what i'm hoping for is, a 1/2" piece on each side of the flap, and maybe a 2mm colored piece of crafting foam to cover the ugly foam and voila...cheap case.

no pics yet, haven't really started. plus no cig yet to make measurements :)

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
nicowolf...dimiensions are going to be for the new style EVO, and for the new Pilot Hybrid that Puresmoker just released.

plus size for bottles (that i don't have yet) and batteries, carts, hehe.

i figure it won't take long really, and probably best to measure with the actual item placement to see how they'd all fit best.

the usb cases are pretty small anyway, surface area of the foam for nearly the best fit is about 11cm x 8cm (i don't do metric, but they were exact instead of fractioned inches). oh, and a square for each side. one of the mods that "simplydraven" listed in his post, he made room for several bottles, but i'm wanting to make room for carts instead. i want more of a "bar/pub" pack.

of course it may look like crap doing it with an exacto blade, but hey, "function over form" for this one :)

i know the averages vary greatly, but seems that for a m401, about 5 carts is roughly a pack of analogs, so i'd like to fit at least that many, possibly closer to 10 just in case, or for longer nights. i can't imbibe tasty vodka beverages without smoking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread