Status
Not open for further replies.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
So I have a huge tile warehouse near by. I can ask them if they have a 60 grit white rubbing stone, and that's what I need to make a ceramic wick?

Nothing special about it?

Sent using my typewriter

The one we are using are made from alumina oxide (AO), so if it is AO you should be AOK ;)

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
I know there is not enough research about these subject but I must correct you about something. Even though cotton is saturated and it doesn't burn directly when coil is fired, you give energy when heated and it results in defragmentation. Then those particles get into your lungs although not as much as cotton workers. But still it is a usual suspect.

Not to belabor the point, but this too is conjecture. Also, you have not "corrected" me on anything. Not that I would mind if you had, for I'm as anxious as the next guy to get to the bottom of this. :) Dust and fragments are two different things with possibly differing effects. Whereas dust may get lodged in your lungs fragments may be easily expelled. Also, we don't know whether the other materials making up an atty also fragment or get dislodged in minuscule particulates to be consumed by a vaper.

That being said, what amounts of these fragments, if any exist, are actually harmful when vaped? All of this is unknown, taking me back to my original assertion that we really need serious studies to be done to determine whether or not there are health risks involved with vaping.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
we really need serious studies to be done to determine whether or not there are health risks involved with vaping.

Whole bunch of threads on the subject, even a special thread if you are a doctor.. All I know is that at 70, I am in much better health after 5 years of vaping than I was at 65 after 50 years of smoking.:toast:

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
Whole bunch of threads on the subject, even a special thread if you are a doctor.. All I know is that at 70, I am in much better health after 5 years of vaping than I was at 65 after 50 years of smoking.:toast:

You're preaching to the quire. I have personally experienced several benefits after quitting analogs about 3 months ago. There is no way I'm going to go back to consuming stinkys if I can help it.

However, if I were asked whether I can be certain that there are no long-term detrimental health effects due to vaping, my response would have to be "NO". My gut tells me that there are none and the fact that many studies that have attempted to prove that vaping is dangerous have been shown to be humbug, leads me to believe that we're all on the right track. The FDA's own studies, the one that most uninformed news sources cite to sway public opinion against us, is laughable, at best. If that this the best that they can do then I know that there is nothing to worry about vaping. I just want the uncertainty to vanish so that we can, as a community, have a better stance against the vape nazis who seem to be creeping out of the woodwork in ever increasing numbers lately.

Skyphos

Feb 16, 2014
United States
Joined the forum and got past the initial 5 post min JUST to make sure I told you thanks. 0 flood, 0 issues on 30g 7wrap on cotton. Did most all your mods. Loving it like McDonals brah. You rock Arvidx>

Thanks for the additional input others.

ProTip...my base was a .... to get off. Boil that ish for like 5m. I boiled water and put my base in a bowl...poured the water in that bowl and let it set 5+m. Worked great. Wish i would have done that sooner. Had to straighten my chimney threads a lil before it worked since i didnt do that first. Torqued them a bit more than i should have prior to doing that so i had a lil make up work to do. Now im vaping like a champ on this thing. Fogger V2 is a pro-ish RBA.

jafmf95

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Potatoland
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread