Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Well, I setup my Fogger v3 again tonight. I used 32 gauge wire, 4/5 wraps on a 1.5 mm precision screwdriver.. came to 1.5 ohms. I used the cotton yarn in that zig zag s pattern, kind of taking it to the juice holes than back to the screws then back to the juice holes...cut basically even with the glass, which as you guys know it's pretty much nothing...fuzz poking out. Primed the wick with some el cheapo juice because I didn't know if it was going to leak again like last night when I literally watched the whole tank drain it in a few seconds....crazy.

Anyway, filled the tank with the AFC open, cap off, just squeezed the juice in the glass while the top was off, removed the fill screw, popped on the cap, replaced full screw and no leaks!

It's such a teeny tiny coil... 4 wraps 32 gauge @ 1.5 ohm.... gets hot instantly on my evic at 11 watts (v4.06).... took a vape, worked great. Insane vapor - INSANE.

Had a little problem with the cotton NOT wicking at first, opened the juice flow control a little bit, saw some bubbles, finally wicked correctly, went through the whole tank...no leaks, had gurgle a little here and there, but a few long vapes seemed to dry the wick up and gurgle stopped.

The way I have the cotton in there, the cotton is running through the horizontal coil, AND touching each side of the coil with the cotton zigzag inside the chamber. I guess lots of surface contact even though it's small... The vapor is crazy..... when I test fired it without the cotton, it glows bright BRIGHT red...I mean bright.

Thanks for the pictures.

Sent using my typewriter

Last edited:

Ninjay16

Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
BAY AREA, CA
I have no problem mounting the coil but every time ive tried this it leaks through the airflow holes. How do you fill yours?
If you haven't tried a vertical 28g 1.5mm nano in the fogger you don't know what your missing.:) Pack around the coil with hemp fiber or cotton. I have three foggers set up this way after removing the center tube and silicon grommet.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I have no problem mounting the coil but every time ive tried this it leaks through the airflow holes. How do you fill yours?

If you have cut the air tube off and removed the silicon grommet you can press the coil down tight an the base, (making sure the bottom of the coil is the neg leg so when pressed on the base it is a common neg and won't short). I then pack hemp fiber all around the coil. I pack it tight around the bottom of the coil to prevent leaks thru the air hole. I fill all the area around the coil up to the top of the coil fairly tight. I wet the hemp with juice and test before assembling. It takes over an hour for the hemp to swell. After the first tank I take the chimney cap off and pack it some more, it is then good for a week to 10 days. My coils are all in their second month of use. Every week remove the old hemp, dry burn the coil and put in new hemp.:)

Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Is the taifun just as finicky with its wicks as the Fogger? Or is building it more forgiving?

My Fogger has issues with wicks most every build. I've gotten lucky a few times, but I cannot sit down and replicate the success of a correct wicking non leaking build with confidence.

Sent using my typewriter

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Is the taifun just as finicky with its wicks as the Fogger? Or is building it more forgiving?

My Fogger has issues with wicks most every build. I've gotten lucky a few times, but I cannot sit down and replicate the success of a correct wicking non leaking build with confidence.

Sent using my typewriter

I think so, but it also probably depends on your wick type.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
i tried everyway i cannot get the bottom of the atty out, how did you really get it out? did you use any tools?

From a post earlier in the thread.

Below are a couple of my posts from the Fogger V2....WOW thread

Below is how I get it apart. My second one was really stuck together and both had some kind of thread locking goo.

- first start by running hot water over the base for a few minutes, probably better is boiling the base for a few minutes.
- while it's still warm but cool enough to handle find something to grab around the base and something that fits good in the slots. I use some pliers that I put heat shrink over the jaws and a pair of tweezers in the slot.
- if the chimney cap doesn't thread on or is a little tight, this can happen if you are using something in the slots and have to torque really hard to separate the pieces. (Second pic) I use the heat shrunk pliers and work around the chimney cap threads, slightly squeezing until the chimney cap threads on good.

null_zps83631383.jpg

null_zps79244dc8.jpg

Air flow and easy short preventing trick

The ID of the center tube is the most restrictive in the air flow path, followed by the four holes in the center tube, then the three holes in the base with the adjuster ring.

Couple things to check if air seems restricted.

- that the notch in the bottom silicone piece is lined up with the three holes in the base. Instead of worrying about trying to keep it lined up, I trimmed it to the diameter of the disk on the center tube.

- make sure the insulator on the center tube isn't covering the four holes in the center tube.

Here is what the parts look like originally

null_zps2215b582.jpg

Here are the mods I did to eliminate possible shorting and open air flow up to what the adjustment ring allows.

- trimmed bottom silicone piece to diameter of center tube disk.
- glued a piece of plastic opposite of the insulated coil post that is approximately the same height of the insulated coil post.
- cut off the top of the center tube....warning this piece is brass with coating.

null_zps6f60e660.jpg

null_zps135d5718.jpg

The 510 threads on the fogger are a little long and can cause it not to set down flush on some mods and possibly cause shorting issues. I used a dremel with cutoff wheel and shortened the 510 a little.

And here is what a Fogger should look like :D

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Does it work better than the fogger (POS)? If not then not for me.

Vape On
:vapor:

I think it does. It's all I'm using right now.

It probably depends on your preferred wick and coil setup. But I'm having great results using hemp and micro coils.

Plus it's 100 times easier to attach the coil, plus it tool less fill and you can get to atty chamber while leaving juice in the tank.

silverbullit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2012
NC Blue Ridge Foothills
FYI. Got a couple of v2's from FT. Finally had time to set up. The new ones have 4 air holes intake at the bottom. Plenty of air for an airy draw. A little of a pita to set up, blew first coil, but not bad. Using a nano coil with hemp. Works as good as anything I have, and better than most, for the price, unbeatable. Unless it shorts, see no need for a modification, at this time. And yes, it works well out of the box, just clean a little and good to go.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I think the solution to the Fogger flooding has to do with the o rings. I think that's why some people have great success while others fail miserably. If the o rings are not creating the proper seal, the chamber doesn't get the right pressure....that's got to be it.

Sent using my typewriter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread