Folomov A1 Mini Magnetic Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo164

Aug 6, 2018
Is this tiny magnetic charger safe to use as a secondary or emergency charger?

I got one from a local vape shop to charge my 18650 and 21700 when i'm away from home for vacations or at work

Ive test it twice charging one of my 21700 after 3-4 hours to 4.13v but i don't know if it is a safe charger to use or if it will damage my batteries after using it for some times....

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
There is a review on lygte.

Conclusion

This type of charger do not take up much space, but there are some limitations, here the current is too high for small cells.
Adding a power bank function to the charger is an interesting idea, it works fine, but it will not charge a smart phone at high speed.

The charge voltage is rather low, it can be used in an emergency, but is not really good enough for a regular charger.
The same with the usb output voltage, I would also a liked that a bit higher.

Due to the low voltages I will only call it fairly good.

Review of Charger Folomov A1

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Is this tiny magnetic charger safe to use as a secondary or emergency charger?

I got one from a local vape shop to charge my 18650 and 21700 when i'm away from home for vacations or at work

Ive test it twice charging one of my 21700 after 3-4 hours to 4.13v but i don't know if it is a safe charger to use or if it will damage my batteries after using it for some times....
Quite a find! Interesting! I wonder what would happen in a moving car. I have an xstar 1 sled, but this one charges almost anything... at 1A I might add...

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I've got an Olight one that seems about the same but without the power bank. Its review is a bit better. I like it, although its use is limited since I usually charge batteries in pairs. Baditude's probably right about the longevity of the wires, but since I charge in one place they would never be treated as roughly as I'd treat earbuds.

@Theo164, the review of the Folomov suggests it might be a bit of a pain to use regularly, but it shouldn't do any harm to the type of batteries you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread