Food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
so, I've been thinking...which may explain the burning smell and clouds of vapor, but that could jsut be my PV.

But I've been experimenting with something at home, and thus far it is working, for me. I am working on losing weight, i gained a bunch due to a severe spinal injury and have been living a sedimentary lifestyle for nearly two years due to that. SO i began to think, why do i like twizzlers and sugar cookies and other tasty confections? Well its the flavor obviously. So I bought some peanut butter cookie, Swedish fish and other assorted flavors of things i would normally snack on. When i want the real thing i just vape the flavor. Thus far i have avoided eating the sugary snacks and putting on unnecessary weight. I actually sat down and figured it out and i have thus far saved myself about 2,000 calories a week.

I am making no claims that a PV can be used to lose weight or is a dietary supplement Please don't misunderstand me. I am saying it helped with my cigarette cravings, so i took that one step further and added some of the awesome food flavors to my routine and avoided eating things i don't (or shouldn't) be consuming. Obviously this would not apply to everyone but it certainly is a creative way for me to cut calories when physical exercise is relatively out of the question.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
I am a chronic sweet-lover. Not candy really, but LOVE desserts, especially deliciously baked things. It thankfully hasn't caused a weight problem [yet] because I try and limit myself as much as possible, and I try & eat healthy otherwise.

And when I started vaping I was immediately drawn to the same flavors. Not tobacco mind you (whose flavor I had been very happily inhaling for 18 years), but chocolates and butter pecans and blueberry muffins and cookies....

And -same as you- I have noticed my sweets consumption go WAY down since I started vaping. I happened to quit smoking a couple of weeks before Christmas, and I know the holiday pounds would have piled on if I mixed my love of desserts with what typically happens when I have tried quitting cigarettes in the past. Slowed metabolism + general unhappiness from not smoking + SO much desserty goodness to choose from = Jennifer's gonna be making New Year's resolutions about more exercise.

Another time I've noticed it is in the morning with coffee. If there was a time I'd indulge with something sweet, it would definitely be with coffee. Now, I am completely content with vaping away on waffles-with-maple-syrup. Now if I could only find a juice that tasted like the Samoa Girl Scout cookies.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread