For recipes only!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
This seems a little valentines day-ish to me but a nice sweet vape anyway.

Strawberries & Champagne (makes 11mg but adjust to your liking)

30% 36mg TW Camel (I needed to use up the camel but use unflavored would be better)

15% Lorann Strawberry
15% Lorann Champagne
30% VG
10% Vodka

This is a really nice sweet recipe, DH even loved it. Take out some of the VG or vodka for nic if you want higher nic juice.

RickB

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Salem,NH
Here's one I made up this morning. Been vaping most of the day
on my 901. Good throat hit and fog on a fresh battery. Tastes
sort of nutty with a pleasant hint of maple finish.

Commercial E-liquid 40.00% Either flavorless or I bet vanilla would go well.
Water 10.00%
Alcohol 0.00%
Flavoring 15.00%
VG 25.00%
PG 10.00%

Flavoring is about equal parts
Lorann Caramel
Lorann Maple
Wilton Almond

TOTALLY surprised myself and made TWO DYI juices and they taste GREAT! *if I do say so myself (grin)*!

Mimosa

2 ml. Glycerine
2 ml. Clove 24 mg. juice from the smoke safe flav. MRL
.5 ml. Vodka
.5 ml champagne (Lorann)
1 ml. Orange (Lorann)

its light but still very flavorful

Mounds Bar

.5 ml MLB (see above)
1 ml Chocolate (Lorann)
.5 ml. coconut (Lorann)
4 ml. VG
1 ml Vodka

This one is JUST like the candy bar.

Ive been getting great vapor off of them both. Not bad for my 1st try at this. Time to sit back and enjoy.

Be Well and happy mixing!

ok...so I discovered that my new recipes are NOT all that good for us. The Chocolate i used had artificial coloring, and the orange had oil. So even though they TASTE great I have dumped the rest and washed out the filled carts. Sorry for the newbie mistake, but I did want to warn you all about the issues.

Now the good news....

If you mix the champagne with sweet strawberry (JC) it tastes really really good!

fiddler

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
New York City
Here's a low nicotine (about 7 mg/ml) recipe that actually delivers some throat hit, plus a nice light flavor that isn't too sweet:

Banana Lite:
5 - David Yang Banana 36
8 - PG zero
2 - VG zero
10 - Bickford Banana

The "hit" comes from the harshness of the DY36 juice. I ordered 36 by accident and had to find a way to tone it down without losing the flavor altogether.

And here's a really easy one:

Peachilla
:
JC Peach Cobbler & JC Vanilla Ice Cream. Mixed 50/50 the vanilla is slightly dominant.

RickB

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Salem,NH
Welcome to the forums Montana Brat. If you read a bit more in the DIY forums you'll see that there really hasn't been any definitive issues with the flavors you suggest. It's totally a personal decision if you decide to use them or not. I've been using the chocolate for about two weeks and I haven't seen any issues. YMMV.

I would probably cut back on the 1ml of chocolate to .5 and substitute the 1ml of
vodka about down to .25ml. Just enough to thin the the VG a bit. Then you could up your VG or PG to 5.25ml. Your recipe only gives you about 2.5mg. nic if you are starting with 36mg.

Last edited:

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
Welcome to the forums Montana Brat. If you read a bit more in the DIY forums you'll see that there really hasn't been any definitive issues with the flavors you suggest. It's totally a personal decision if you decide to use them or not. I've been using the chocolate for about two weeks and I haven't seen any issues. YMMV.

WHAT YOU SAID,That is haha.

I've been using extracts from Loranns,Bickford,and even stuff I find at the market for over two months.

As long as it's food grade I throw it in there.
I've been using the same attys going on three months now without a single failure.

I don't drain them,I don't clean them
(If I flood one,I just blow it out by mouth
into a paper towel).

When I get tired of one flavor and I'll just pour 4 or 5 drops of whatever I want to change to on my atty and fire it up.
I don't baby these atty's either...

My Nicobox mods all have manual switchs and I use em!
Some drags are around 15-20 seconds,most are around 11-15 tho' all are still going STRONG!
I think 901attys last forever?:)

so i have started mixing a few drops of flavors in a contact lens case to just try out new ideas. It works GREAT for dipping my 401 while Im sitting here typing away. I just made a latte flavor that I had to share!

2 drops of JC Hawiian Kona Coffee
2 drops of JC vanilla ice-cream
1 drop of Loranns Bavarian cream

IM IN LOVE! And Im also heading off to go make a MUCH bigger batch of this stuff!

Enjoy!

Reactions: aprildlic

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
All recipes here make a 12-14 mg/ml strength solution. Unless otherwise stated, all are based on eastmall's 36mg/ml unflavored niquid, Now Personal Care's vegetable glycerine (a USP brand) and a USP preparation of Propylene glycol. I use the hacomatic formula for a 15ml batch. Flavorings defined in recipes. Feel free to ask me questions.

Tea-Rose
Tastes like Rose Congou tea, or Republic of Tea's Queen of Hearts (or any rose-scented black tea). Very smooth inhale, moderate throat hit, some tingle on the tongue. Tastes like sipping a cup of tea. Relaxing blend. Minimal atmospheric scent release, but mostly rose.

6 ml 36mg/ml black tea flavored niquid
4 ml Propylene Glycol
1.8 ml (36 drops) vegetable glycerin
EDITED TO CHANGE RECIPE -- 1.8 ml (36 drops) rose flavoring (Viola brand, purchased at my local Indian grocery.) Make this .9 ml (18 drops) rose flavoring -- or less!! Rose intensifies in a matter of hours.
.75 ml (15 drops) alcohol (I use Everclear; vodka or Bacardi 151 will work, too)
.75 ml (15 drops) distilled water (just to keep things clean)

Vanilla Rose
This tastes like a pastry I had in Spain, years ago, sort of like baklava -- lots of filo soaked in a rose-scented honey syrup -- but filled with this amazing vanilla cream. It's a soft inhale, quiet but sustained throat-hit, with a burnt sugar finish (that's the vanilla, not the cart...) It's better than dessert and my husband says it makes me very interesting to kiss...

6 ml 36mg/ml unflavored flavored niquid
4 ml Propylene Glycol
EDITED FOR CORRECTION: .9 ml (18 drops) rose flavoring (Viola brand, purchased at my local Indian grocery.) Make this .45 ml, 9 drops. Rose intensifies!!
.9 ml (18 drops) Penzey's double strength Vanilla extract (best on the market)
.75 ml (15 drops) alcohol (I use Everclear; vodka or Bacardi 151 will work, too)

Orange Pineapple
A citrus experiment. The pineapple is really upfront on this one, so if you prefer more citrus, you might want to change the flavoring proportions. Sweet inhale, tingly throat hit, some astringency on the exhale. For a sweet-fruity, this is more sophisticated than I expected -- it's not a candy orange-pineapple. More like Orange-pineapple sorbet, or either a 57 Chevy or a Bahama Sunrise (for you drinkers out there...)

4 ml Propylene Glycol
.9 ml (18 drops) Nature's Flavors Mandarin Orange Organic spring water flavor (
.9 ml (18 drops) Nature's Flavors Organic Pineapple flavor concentrate

Pink Grapefruit
As I've said elsewhere, this is like vaping my childhood -- we often had grapefruit trees in the backyard. This is a perfect sweet grapefruit. Not bitter, but with a bit of a bite on the tongue and at the back of the mouth. Just a little astringent. Sweet and citrusy over the tongue, with an old-fashioned Fresca flavor on the exhale. Great tingly throat hit.

4 ml Propylene Glycol
1.8 ml (36 drops) Nature's Flavors Grapefruit Organic flavor concentrate

Mix in small bottles, store away from heat and light.

Last edited:

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
Just playing around:

GREEN TEA:
"Healthcare" commercial e-juice from bestecig.com and any mint / menthol e juice (we used arctic mint from JC which also adds nicotine b/c healthcare juice does not contain nicotine) = GREEN TEA. :D
EXTREMELY refreshing and apparently good for you.

70% - 90% healthcare
10% - 30% mint / menthol

here is some info on "healthcare" e liquid:
Health e-smoking liquid:newest e-cigarette liquid flavor

Moonlighter

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Arizona
Can't find a good tasting chocolate recipe..Can anyone PLEASE post a chocolate or chocolate/almond, chocolate/hazelnut recipe???
Thanks in advance...

I've been making a chocolate/hazelnut recipe but after reading further through this thread someone mentioned the coloring in the chocolate not being good for us.

I have to find out where to get chocolate flavoring without coloring in it but since I'm here I'll jot down my mixture.
(Maybe the chocolate/hazelnut is ok?? Not sure right now...)

1.5ml PG
10 drops hazelnut/chocolate (I've been using Loann) Is bad? Is OK?
10 drops (Holy Smokes) 6mg. coffee juice
17 drops (Holy Smokes) 11mg. chocolate juice
10 drops (Wet Your Stick) 26mg. vanilla juice

I hope someone will let me know if Loranns chocolate/hazelnut is ok to use for sure. I saw it listed on Totally Wicked web site list of flavorings and just assumed it was ok. Anyways there's what I've been using every day.
I change it a little bit everytime but it pretty much tastes the same.

Last edited:

rfun6

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Tennessee ....
Great recipes. I would like to know, if you buy some juice that is already flavored in a bottle like 36 mg nicotine; How much glycerin do you mix with it, to make it like 18 mg nicotine. Like 2n to 1g or 4n to 1g. Is there anything else you need to add to thin that after you do the mixture or are you good to go? Is it trial and error? I have read where you don't want it to thick to gum up the works and don't want it to thin to run down and ruin battery or other parts. So what is a good recipe for that?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread