For recipes only!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yknotagain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2009
Kenosha, WI
rfun6, to drop from 36mg to 18mg you will be mixing 50% e-fluid to 50% other by volume. Glycerin is VERY thick, so you will need to thin some with distilled water, alcohol (such as vodka or grain alcohol) etc. Therefore you will not be adding 50% glycerin, but perhaps 35% glycerin and 15% water. or 40/10 etc.

Nyquil
3 drops Menthol 36 liquid
1 drop vg
1 drop Cherry (wilson candy flavor )
(accident i meant to grab the peppermint flavor)
wound up with my nyquil cart

*crying* Thanks for the laugh!

I was just given some AMAZING chocolate extract and was wondering if anyone has used real extract in anything they have tried?? Results???

melsbr0

Jun 8, 2009
hi i'm completely new to personal vaporizers and this forum so instead of starting a new thread i thought id ask it here. I want to make zero nicotine liquid, so could i just get glycerin mix it with water and add flavoring and get a zero nicotine cart? I love my pv and find myself smoking it all the time and i'm sure all the nicotine i've been ingesting can't be too good.

Shan123

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Tampa, FL USA
Mounds Bar lovers worried about food coloring:

Try mixing LorAnn's Coconut with Phil's chocolate liquid (e-smokey-treats.com). I hit that at least once a day. It's probably about 1/4 coconut flavoring to 3/4 chocolate liquid, and Phil's chocolates don't appear to have food coloring. You get the Mounds Bar effect but it's the coconut that really pops. The chocolate's there. But I honestly haven't found a good strong chocolate liquid yet.

Do you guys find chocolate flavors in general to be elusive? I can't even seem to make it work with LorAnn's. I've noticed TW doesn't even carry a chocolate except for the Minty Chocolate and that blows my head off... just curling up to vape with that is like snacking on peppermint Tic Tacs. (Could be worse, I could still have smoker's breath.)

Ariel

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Spatula City
The lemon flavor is distinct, but balanced out by the other flavors. Not too sweet, and definitely not bitter.

This recipe makes 4 ml of 12 mg juice.

1.50 ml 24 mg Apple (e-smokeytreats.com)
0.25 ml 24 mg Cherry (e-smokeytreats.com)
0.25 ml 24 mg Vanilla (e-smokeytreats.com)
0.20 ml Lorann lemon oil
1.50 ml VG (Wilton's)
0.30 ml distilled water

Not too bad for my second recipe :)

Reactions: aprildlic

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Cabernet - Napa

20 drops 36mg PG unflavored
20 drops PG unflavored

The above drops were right from the bottle. The rest were from a syringe (3ml with a 22G tip) which has smaller drops.

20 drops Loranns Blackberry (black currant or cassis should work also)
2 drops Vanilla Ruyan PG low (for the oak barrel flavor) (didn't have Loranns extract or would have used it)
1 drop of Janty's Lemon (to give some acidity - 2 would be too much and don't use Loranns "Lemonade" in any amount or that's all you'll taste).
1 drop of Loranns Licorice (again, only 1 not 2)
1 drop of Janty's RY4 (for the eucalyptus note - again only 1 drop from a syringe - one from the bottle would be too much.. trust me).

For a "Super Tuscan" add 10 drops of Loranns Strawberry to the above formula.

Last edited:

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
If you like the gum, here you go...

This was an experiment to salvage a couple of flavors I don't especially like -- 36 mg Kiwi and 36 mg Mango with menthol crystals added (got 'em in a trade.)

Currently, I'm using flavors from our local Asian market -- they're PG, artificial flavor, ethanol and FD&C colorings. (I couldn't get jasmine flavor from anybody else, and I wanted to play with jackfruit flavor...)

for 5 ml -
20 drops Kiwi flavored 36 mg liquid
5 drops Mango flavored 36 mg liquid (to which menthol crystals had been added)
15 drops VG
30 drops PG solution (70% PG, 30% distilled water)
4 drops pineapple flavoring
2 drops orange flavoring

Tastes just like the gum.

LedGecko

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
OMG this is sooooo yummy!

30% 36mg e-liquid
20% PG
10% Lorann Caramel
20% Lorann Cheesecake
20% Everclear

Makes 11mg strength juice. Adjust the liquid:pG ratio for higher or lower strength.

I was labelling my different recipes using letters (starting with "A", etc) and this one happened to be "preparation H" :D Made me think of Dr. Evil in Austin Powers. :)

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Shan123

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Tampa, FL USA
Nice comprehensive LorAnn's spreadsheet... but that lists TW as thinking Keoke coffee might not be good for vaping. News to me. I have vaped a whole lot of it in TW's unflavored juice and haven't noticed my attys dying faster. I can vape the Keoke WHILE drinking coffee and the flavor doesn't get lost. (But JC's new Espresso formula is as good.)

Wouldn't try an oil-based flavor though. Oil + a blazing atty = scary.

dp earl

Jul 20, 2009
PA
can anyone hook me up with a recipe that doesnt require commercial e liquid as part of the mix? I have purchased pg and vg and I will be going to get some lorann flavorings and distilled water today. maybe even some vodka. I am searching many threads but I cant nail down what the base mix for eliquid is. With the pending FDA problems I would love to have a backup plan if I cant buy juice anymore! I vape 0 nic liqids, use a 510 and a 901 and I LOVE e cigs! Getting all of my friends and anyone who will listen to me to try them too! Thanks for the help!

drobertbaker

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
can anyone hook me up with a recipe that doesnt require commercial e liquid as part of the mix? I have purchased pg and vg and I will be going to get some lorann flavorings and distilled water today. maybe even some vodka. I am searching many threads but I cant nail down what the base mix for eliquid is. With the pending FDA problems I would love to have a backup plan if I cant buy juice anymore! I vape 0 nic liqids, use a 510 and a 901 and I LOVE e cigs! Getting all of my friends and anyone who will listen to me to try them too! Thanks for the help!
I don't know why you are wasting your money on commercial 0 nic liquid. The only reason to use nic liquid is for the nic. You can use any recipe you like by substituting out the nic liquid with any combination of PG and VG you prefer. You have no FDA problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread