For the wife - Vapor King?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skad

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Biloxi, MS
So my wife has seen my success with the ecigs, and she seems to finally be interested in having one herself. She's taken a few drags off mine from time to time, and she likes the taste and the way they work.

One problem. My wife is seriously technically challenged. She has issues working electronic devices, and the last thing I want is her getting frustrated with leaky carts, stuck batteries, flooded atomizers and the like. These are not things she could handle while I'm away from home without chucking the thing through the window.

I'm thinking the VK may be the answer to this issue. I haven't used one, but from what I've seen, they look pretty foolproof.

Anyone see any obvious pitfalls to this model?

Any better suggestions for her?

DuneBuggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
Near the Outer Banks of NC
Im curious about this model too. Like how long these atomizer/carts last in the real world and can they be refilled.
Im not interested in somthing I have to constantly order combination carts/atomizers for online. My current atomizer in my Npro is over 2 months old.

I really wouldnt mind this as much if the local 7/11 sold replacement carts!

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
The VKs are pretty low maintenace. I mean, charge the battery, screw on a "cartomizer" and vape....can't get much easier than that.

The only thing is...she'd probably want to learn to refill it (which isn't hard at all) because the price of the disposable atomizers will kill ya unless you're a pretty light smoker.

Lu

Skad

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Biloxi, MS
The only thing is...she'd probably want to learn to refill it (which isn't hard at all) because the price of the disposable atomizers will kill ya unless you're a pretty light smoker.

Lu

Nah, that would be my job. I'd have to make sure she always had enough carts on hand to make it through until I got home again.

It's going to be expensive to get her started with it, to have enough carts on hand for her to make it through when I'm gone for a week with my job, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

She smokes about a pack and a half to two packs a day. We'll have to do some trial and error to see how many carts she goes through each day.

I'm starting to see this as a win/win situation. If she doesn't like it, I can always add it to my collection. :D

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Yeh, I guess for me, since I was a heavy smoker (2.5 to 3 packs a day), it wouldn't work without refilling.....and besides the fact that I vape 36mg and the highest they go is 24mg. So at $12.50 for 5 carts (plus shipping of course)....it would be way too expensive without refilling.

But I just saw a site where they are 5 for $10....but of course it's in China and the shipping is probably $15. But if you're going to buy a bunch of them, that's probably the cheapest route.

Good luck...and let us know he she gets on!

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Last edited:

Skad

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Ok, so I got a VK for the wife. She's a little hesitant to try it, as she always is with new things like this. I charged the batteries for her, showed her how it assembled and tried it out. So far, 3 days later, it's still sitting on the shelf.

How long do I have to wait before I can claim it as my own without having to buy her jewelry to make up for it?

Krakkan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
New Orleans, LA
www.truesmoker.com
Ok, so I got a VK for the wife. She's a little hesitant to try it, as she always is with new things like this. I charged the batteries for her, showed her how it assembled and tried it out. So far, 3 days later, it's still sitting on the shelf.

How long do I have to wait before I can claim it as my own without having to buy her jewelry to make up for it?

lol Skad that is like buyin a power tool for the anniversary :p

Skad

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Biloxi, MS
lol Skad that is like buyin a power tool for the anniversary :p

:D
Yeah, well I did actually get them for her at her suggestion, but my ulterior motive was to snag em if she wasn't interested.

:evil:

Our anniversary present this year was a new flatscreen TV. Believe it or not it was her idea. Guess there's a reason I've kept her around so long

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
My blond wife will break anything electrical or mechanical by seemingly only looking at it. I bought her a Joye 510 manual (hahahaha...no auto switch for her to mess up) and it's been bulletproof for her.

She even learned how to screw the batt into the charger all by herself, and top her own carts.

Hopefully she won't see this post because now she has messed her comp up AGAIN. (Good thing she married a tech). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread