Wife keeps having issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    My wife keeps getting tanks stuck on her APVs no matter what we try. She has 3 KFV4s and 2 subtank minis, running them on 2 vapor shark DNA 30s and a coolfire IV. I just got her a new subtank mini and after going through a tank full of juice it wouldnt come off, I ended up wedging a screwdriver in the base to get it off.

She isnt over-tightening the tanks as I watched her put it on the vaporshark. She only vapes menthol based juice and she doesnt fire the tanks near as long as I do,she basically tootlepuffs them. I took all 3 KFV4 all the way apart, cleaned and rebuilt them and after a refill they basically wont budge and theres juice all in the base even though the o-rings look good,same thing with the brand new subtank mini.

We are both getting very frustrated as I dont have an issue with my vape gear and cant figure out why she does. Could it be the strong menthol,Any ideas?

Reactions: David Wolf

garpt01

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 6, 2014
    South Florida
    If I understand correctly, the base of the atty is getting stuck on the mod itself, correct?
    Try putting a drop of juice on your fingertip and rub it on the base of the atty and possibly the threads as well. May act as a lubricant without adding any chemicals or off taste to your vape. It's worked for me!
    -GT

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2015
    Heber Srings Arkansas
    atomizer heat-sink.jpg
    just use a heat sink on the mod between that and the atty

screw the heat sink on pretty snug then just spin your attys on finger tight

it helps by raising the base of the atty about 5mm or so then you can get a better grip at the base of the atty without just spinning the afc ring etc

hope this helps

Last edited:

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I havent tried an adapter but Im afraid they would just lock up as well, I ruined a KFV4 it was on so tight I had to use large channel locks to get it off. The threads on all of the mods are nice and clean. I also have a few KFV4 and a subtank and havent had any issues like shes having,its pretty strange.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2015
    Heber Srings Arkansas
    the idea is to leave the heat sink adapter on the mod each time you remove the atty

so snug the heat sink down tight then it stays on the mod each time you take the atty on and off

it will also save wear and tare on the threads on the mod as you will leave it attached most of the time and just remove for cleaning now and then

they are only a couple of bucks most places worth a try

i use them all the time and no more stuck tanks or attys

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    the idea is to leave the heat sink adapter on the mod each time you remove the atty

so snug the heat sink down tight then it stays on the mod each time you take the atty on and off

it will also save wear and tare on the threads on the mod as you will leave it attached most of the time and just remove for cleaning now and then

they are only a couple of bucks most places worth a try

i use them all the time and no more stuck tanks or attys

The way these tanks are hanging I have no doubt that they would just get stuck to the adapter and I would have to fight to get them separated as well. Ill order a few just to try though and cross my fingers. Thanks!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I would suggest that you use one of her mod and tank for a fill. You set it up and use it. If it is not getting stuck for you, then she is tightening it down to much.

This is a great idea @shatteredsoul76. You said she has 'APVs' so I gather there is more than one. That suggests to me she is doing something wrong. Atty's really only need to be screwed on with very slight finger force and left that way. Done that way, I have never had an atty get too tight to easily remove from a regulated PV.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi
    I havent tried an adapter but Im afraid they would just lock up as well, I ruined a KFV4 it was on so tight I had to use large channel locks to get it off. The threads on all of the mods are nice and clean. I also have a few KFV4 and a subtank and havent had any issues like shes having,its pretty strange.

When using channel locks place a rag between the teeth of the tool and the surface of that which you want to pry loose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread