Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
So I was thinking today I might give soaking some coffee beans in some unflavored nic juice to see if I could get a good coffee flavor....then I came across this: Van Gogh Vodka - Super Premium Vodka, Flavored Vodka, and Gin

Coffee flavoring, caffeine (or non) and vodka. What more could you ask for? Would have to be my Friday or Saturday night vape though :D

But seriously, for those of you who use vodka, if you try this, will you be sure to post back on how it goes? As for me, I'm still contemplating
looking-around2.gif

Lu

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
So I was thinking today I might give soaking some coffee beans in some unflavored nic juice to see if I could get a good coffee flavor....then I came across this: Van Gogh Vodka - Super Premium Vodka, Flavored Vodka, and Gin

Coffee flavoring, caffeine (or non) and vodka. What more could you ask for? Would have to be my Friday or Saturday night vape though :D

But seriously, for those of you who use vodka, if you try this, will you be sure to post back on how it goes? As for me, I'm still contemplating
looking-around2.gif

Lu
Shoot Samb, Friday night, I will be drinking this and vaping hehe. That stuff looks real good. i might just have to give it a try. Im seeing to many give it a try's on here lately lol.
Have a good one man!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

looking-around2.gif

Lu

Lu--I put vanilla beans in a mixture of VG and Vodka about 8 weeks ago trying to replicate a good vanilla flavor without the harsh alcohol flavor that vanilla extract brings on. It still needs another 4 weeks I think but the taste is getting there. I tried vaping a little last week and the flavor is getting there --but it lacks sweetness. So I will have to work on that.

But with coffee, I imagine that you would not run into the lack of sweetness and be a viable alternative--------Sun

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Lu--I put vanilla beans in a mixture of VG and Vodka about 8 weeks ago trying to replicate a good vanilla flavor without the harsh alcohol flavor that vanilla extract brings on. It still needs another 4 weeks I think but the taste is getting there. I tried vaping a little last week and the flavor is getting there --but it lacks sweetness. So I will have to work on that.

But with coffee, I imagine that you would not run into the lack of sweetness and be a viable alternative--------Sun

Would it not be quicker to grind up the beans first (using a coffe bean grinder perhaps)?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Would it not be quicker to grind up the beans first (using a coffe bean grinder perhaps)?

Kinaba--I followed the directions for making vanilla extract that I found in a cookbook--but you do have a point here--I do not know what is in the vanillia bean and now you have me curisous. I will pick some more up and smash one open and see what is inside---put that may well make the process go faster---good thought as usual Kinaba!!!---Sun

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Oh yeh, I see what you guys are saying about the beans. Might take a while for anything to really "break down" and get some good flavor out of. Guess I'll have to think about that one some more.

And Scintar....if you do imbibe, at least you'll be a wide awake drunk! :lol:

So this might add quite a twist to the old fashioned White Russian drink! :p

Lu

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida

looking-around2.gif

Lu

Oh what a good find :)

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida

OK. From a cooking perspective, 2 ways that you are supposed to use beans. You can heat them up so they release their essential oils. You can shred them in a food processor. Either way, nuke it a little bit. It will give off the most amazing aroma and give up the goodness. Whole vanilla beans are very expensive but oh so wonderful. This is a true candidate for a tincture (extraction through water) or a oil (which is extraction with alcohol). The oil is the most important part. YUMMY! Vanilla flavored vodka is really successful. I think it's because it may use a tincture, the water based extraction. Afterwards you just add it into the Vodka and shake it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread