:) :) :) Forget Protanks, iClears, dual coil Cartos... I just LOVE my EVOD ! :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
The T3 has a 2 orings on the base and you'll see the top oring catches the inside flange of the t3 so it should hold the juice. I used the protank heads with the inverted cap in my T3 and didn't have them leak. As for the stem caps I haven't seen them for sale like all the other protank orings and insulator. I keep all my spare parts of all the attys I've used incase I have to MacGyver something and they might come in handy. I don't know how one could beat those stem caps up other than having them discolor from dark juices and/or heating up the area from chainvaping. You could go as far as going to a auto/hardware store with the protank stem inhand and try to fit a itty bitty oring that way. I don't know what other attys you have around if any but you can also use the cap from a CE4 top coil clearo, I just tried it and it fits also(you could trim it so its not so long). I have some older fasttech evods that the stem cap has a little tit on it and others that have a tiny oring under the stem cap to push it up. There are a few options of MacGyver for you to try and good luck.

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
Update:
As I promised in several threads - I got the 3mm silica wicks, prepped and boiled cotton, and my 2mm silica wicks.
My premise was that putting a 2mm wick and 2/3 of mm as flavor will wick much better (coil is covered better, more surface, and more volume on the top).
So I prepped two heads with the 3mm, two 2mm and cotton flavor wick and compared it to the 2mm wick with 2/3 mm flavor.
I the 2mm with the top wick produces way more vapor and can go on higher wattage.
(we are still talking EVODs :)

I also got a new head for my iclear 30 for a fair comparison - and I still like the Evod more. I know its hard to swallow, and it will get me some flank, but I like it more than the protank2 - still - something about the weight, the draw, the feel, the taste... Again don't get me wrong - I have two protanks and I LOVE them, but Evods are my all day everywhere tanks.

I put it on my VV V3 10watts pass-through and go to town on my favorite 20/80 ejuice (imagine the clouds... heavenly!!! :)) .

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
I have been, haven't touched a cigarette since April 17th 2007, and haven't touched a Cigar for a few months now (it was my substitute). Still use the patches when cannot vape - which makes me a happy man!
THE most important thing is you are happy with your setup and are off the stinkys.:thumbs::thumbs:

sark666

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
toronto, ontario, canada
I have a vivi nova 2.5, a aspire bdc, a mini protank II. My friend has an evod and was going on about it that it's the best flavour etc. I thought yeah right. I was over there and tried it and was blown away. He also has a couple of mini protanks II's and I brought all my gear. The evod beat everything in flavour by a large margin, and I thought the aspire was good.

So I'm scratching my head, how can this be? Meaning how can it beat the protank by such a large margin? I think the protanks are ok, I'd give them 6-7 out of 10 on flavour. As far as clearo's go, I've never tried anything that's come close.

These tests were obviously with the same juice. And his evod doesn't have the old coils, but the same as the protanks. They were all 1.8 ohm. I would think the heart of a clearo is the coil, but when you have two clearo's with the same coils behaving so differently I'm just puzzled. Is it the air holes? The drip tip having a larger hole?

I'm sure someone will say a rebuilt coil will rock, but these are stock coils.

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
I finally figured it out!!!

I have mini protanks and Protank , and off course six Evods . The coils are NOT interchangeable. it drove me nuts until I figured it out - The protank wicking needs to be tighter! The protank 2 (the full size one) has a big tank and it effects the wicking, I added half a mm of wick, tinkered with the air hole a bit and .. now it is just perfect. but if I put that coil (with extra flavor wicks) in the Evod - I will get a burnt taste.

Also, unfortunately its a bit harder to clean them But the polycarbon tank in the (ORIGINAL Kanger ) Evod does not in my experience retain any flavor what so ever. so I still think the Evod is the all time winner in best tank design.

Update 2:
Wicking - I really tried to use a 3mm wick instead of 2mm + 1mm +- flavor wick, with several silica vendors (beware - width vary up to 50% of stated - add remove flavor wick to figure), and I am convinced wrapping on a 2mm is the BEST way to go. the smaller diameter providers way better heat coupling (essentially a micro coil) , closer to the intake (prevent leakage) and the flavor wick gives you better coverage of the coil on the top rather the buttom so any extra eliquid has to go through the coil before the battery. Essentially STICK TO OEM DESIGN - like PBusardo said - whoever designed the EVOD did some thinking - its a perfectly engineered atomizer.

I have a vivi nova 2.5, a aspire bdc, a mini protank II. My friend has an evod and was going on about it that it's the best flavour etc. I thought yeah right. I was over there and tried it and was blown away. He also has a couple of mini protanks II's and I brought all my gear. The evod beat everything in flavour by a large margin, and I thought the aspire was good.

So I'm scratching my head, how can this be? Meaning how can it beat the protank by such a large margin? I think the protanks are ok, I'd give them 6-7 out of 10 on flavour. As far as clearo's go, I've never tried anything that's come close.

These tests were obviously with the same juice. And his evod doesn't have the old coils, but the same as the protanks. They were all 1.8 ohm. I would think the heart of a clearo is the coil, but when you have two clearo's with the same coils behaving so differently I'm just puzzled. Is it the air holes? The drip tip having a larger hole?

I'm sure someone will say a rebuilt coil will rock, but these are stock coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread