Forgot to clean clearo

Status
Not open for further replies.

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
I just recently received 2 mini x2's. The first one I forgot to clean and it tastes like chemicals. After the 2nd refill it tastes better so I'm just gonna leave it as is. Doesn't taste that bad. The 2nd mini I cleaned rinsed and shook in hot water about 5 times, including the mouth piece, and I'm gonna let it dry over night. Hope that will work.

I'm kind of wondering if they were shipped with the mouth piece off to air out if it would be better.

BTW... Is the mouth piece called the drip tip???

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I have found a great way to clean clearos. This includes x2, nano, t3 and new t4. Just open them up and place all components into a coffee mug with medium to hot water. Place a polydent denture cleaner tab in and let it soak overnight. It completely cleans the wicks, plastics and coils and makes them good as new. Doing this, I'm still using the same t3 heads that are over 6 months old and I cape about 6 ml a day

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I have found a great way to clean clearos. This includes x2, nano, t3 and new t4. Just open them up and place all components into a coffee mug with medium to hot water. Place a polydent denture cleaner tab in and let it soak overnight. It completely cleans the wicks, plastics and coils and makes them good as new. Doing this, I'm still using the same t3 heads that are over 6 months old and I cape about 6 ml a day

Cool info! Hey, how often do you do this? Do you have a set schedule, or is there a way to tell when it's time?

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I have never initially cleaned mine and have never had an issue.

Part of my problem was the juice I was using. Had I been using a fruit or something strong I would have likely tasted it right away. I did taste something different at first. I was also noticing the difference in tastes between clearos vs cartos.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
I rinse them out before using them. I had gotten that foul taste on one and emptied it, hot water rinse (holding it under the running hot water for a few minutes) refilled it right away after shaking and blowing out the remaining water. In about 4-5 puffs I had good vapor and taste. I didn't wait to let it dry and found that I really didn't have to. After the rinse, there was no residual taste of the previous juice (I refilled it with another lighter tasting juice to see if I could still detect the chemical taste) and it vapes great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread