Former Light Analog Smokers What Strength Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
Now, I could be wrong on this because I'm not a scientist (and I don't even play one on TV), but my understanding is that Runyan is claiming that over 98% of the nicotine is absorbed and the exhaled vapor contains virtually no nicotine.

They may be right but I just dont see how thats possible. If the vapor doesnt settle on your lungs it cant possibly transfer the nicotine. If you exhale vapor then that vapor you exhaled didnt come into contact with any part of your body because when it touches something it settles on what ever it touches due to it being nothing more than micro fine liquid droplets.

Ahhhh well it is just a theory that makes alot of sense in my mind (god help us!) 8-o

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
So here's the thing my mom has seen how well vaping has worked for me and she wants to make the switch so for Easter I'm going to order her a pen style with all the extras and a couple of bottles of liquid. My question is she always smoked light 100's and about a half to 3/4 of a pack a day so what level of e-liquid do I get her? I know I used to smoke reds so it was the high octane 36mg for me but for her since she smokes lights and less of them then I did so I'm really not sure what to go with. Any input from some of the former light smokers here would be greatly appreciated.

Ducky - I smoked for many years - Medium did it for me on the very first day - no more analogs. Quit day was january 5th. I now switch between low and zero.

Hope this helps!:rolleyes:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Devil Ducky

I smoked 1/2 pack day Basic Menthol Ultra Lights 100's. I started with the low formula from TW (8mg). They substituted medium strength (11mg) in one of my shipments - that stuff gave me instant nic/OD headaches.

I can't tolerate anything high nic. I'd say let her try some of yours to see what nic she can handle - everyone's got different tollerances to our favorite poison. She'll know, REAL QUICK, if a nic solution is too high - the med nic I had knocked me on my .... with a few vapes...

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
ok.. being the newbee that i am..... i ordered extra high 36mg.. now im scarred to use it... LOL.... and what is the VG mean???? can i mix it with something to dilute it????

VG is vegetable glycerine, available in most craft stores in the candy making/cake decorating sections. Mine is Wilton brand, suggested usage is to maintain the consistancy of icing.

PG is Propylene Glycol - available at most pharmacys. They use it to suspend meds in certain 'scrips.

**Make sure your PG and VG are food or pharm grade!**

If you cut your niquid 50/50 with either the PG or the VG, you'll have 18mg strength. If you cut it 25/75, you have 9mg strength. You will also cut the flavor accordingly, as PG and VG have very little independent taste.

You can check the DIY section on the forum for LOTS more information on cutting eliquids. DIY e-liquid

Phalse

ECF Veteran
Except you forget how little room there is inside your lungs. Your inhaling vapor, and just a tiny bit of turbulance would force a large amount of the particles to contact your lungs airoli.

So ruyans statement about the 98% absorption rate of the nic, could be accurate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread