Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeep02

Aug 25, 2013
Georgia
for a light smoker?

I think that's a bit high,,,,

I'd go with a 24 and an 18 and a 12 maybe,,,,,,,,start with those,,,,,,,

even if she needs the higher nic in the morning and at other times, she might like to have a lower nic for chain vaping during the day,,,,,,

Yea thats what I was thinking 36 could be to high but being new myself I havent really grasped what is needed hah. I think gonna give her 24mg then if she needs more get her a sample of 36 to see if that is better.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I would not go as high as 24mg of nic for her. My wife smokes Benson and Hedges light cigarette and really over nic'd her with 12mg. She felt ill and turned her off vaping for a while.

I would go as high as 18mg and perhaps 12mg. If she is hardcore than 24mg at most (but it may be too much for her).

How many years has she smoked? Has she tried to quit before? What brand does she smoke? Her age ? Let her know to drink lots of water too man. Make sure she doesn't have an allergy to PG as well. She has to use her mouth, nose and lungs to absorb the nicotine as well.

nic molecule size in smoke = 1 microns nic molecule size in vapor = 10 microns

LeftHandBlack

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2013
Brighton Co
Well, here is how I see it. With cigarettes full flavor, lights, ultra lights generally has more to do with the flavor rather than nicotine for most people. I would say 18mg to 16mg for starters is good. You can actually get a head rush like cigarette nicotine at these levels and higher might be more nicotine than a smoker gets daily.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Generally speaking, a PAD smoker would choose 18mg. To be safe, I would get her a bottle of 12mg and a bottle of 18mg.

I was a very heavy smoker... from a pack and a half to two packs a day. I started with 18mg and I still vape 18mg. I can do 24mg once in awhile, but not all day every day. Most people who smoked as much as I did started with 24mg. It really does vary person to person.

Hope that's helpful.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
the problem is, it's kind of a personal choice too,,,,,what works for one person may not work for another,,,,,,

I smoked 2 PAD Newports, and I couldn't handle more than 12 mg and quickly went down to 6mg,,,,,,,

I found that anything higher than 12 mg burned my nose,,,,,I can really taste the pepper taste of nic,,,,,,,

I'd get several 10 mg bottles in different nic levels and see which she likes better, TBH

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Just a thought...as a one-time expense, buy a bottle of 36 mg and a bottle of zero nic in the same flavor. Also, if available, purchase a couple of smaller, empty bottles. Mix to find preference. You may end up with no waste.

I smoked at least 2 1/2 pad, lite 100s. I started at 18 and went to 12 pretty fast. I was also going to recommend getting some zero nic so you could dilute :) (but I didn't think about extra bottles!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread