Four RTA's on my shortlist: which one wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I should have added the Boreas to the list that mite be with out any flaws :)
I so look forward to getting mine :)
Thanks Roxy :)

It may have flaws. Humans created it :). I'll learn what they are when people get them I guess. I'm not sure its possible to create something that will please everyone.

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
It may have flaws. Humans created it :). I'll learn what they are when people get them I guess. I'm not sure its possible to create something that will please everyone.
Well You can't please everyone for sure!
I think that vape gear is a progression on knowledge gained by trial and Error :)
For me the RDTA's are big! now, I'm really enjoying them & the progression there going through now :)
As for bottom Air Flow/Wick Chanel rta's IMO the Cthulhu V2 is all most perfect :)
All though many would disagree, for me it does every thing it's sposto and it does it well :)

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I love RDA's. The flavour is amazing and it's great being able to buy any juice since they can handle any VG ratio, but they aren't very travel friendly
Bottom feeder like a REO grand SL LP and all your problems are solved. Not a fan of the new model.

Depending on bottle,6-8ml, 18650, pocket friendly, all most really need for an entire day and pretty much unbreakable and easily repairable if you say collapse a spring.

If you find you like the REO then there's the CC bottom feeder. More $ but, perfection
uploadfromtaptalk1458493544370.jpg

Reactions: fishwater

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I love RDA's. The flavour is amazing and it's great being able to buy any juice since they can handle any VG ratio, but they aren't very travel friendly so I'm branching out and getting a couple of RTA's.

After much research I have four RTA's on my shortlist, two of which are classified as RDTA's. I want to decide which two to get. Here they are:

Goblin Mini
Billow V2 Nano
Aromamizer
Avocado

I would like to make a decision based on a few things. I'll list them each separately below. Please feel free to answer one or all of my questions, or to suggest RTA's you think rival my picks.

First, I would like the RTA handle max VG juice. In general do RTA's manage this as well as drippers or does it vary from tank to tank? If so, how do the ones I mention fare?

One thing I can't find the answer to is how RTA's and RDTA's differ in terms of how they function. What are the pros and cons of each?

Ease of build is important(ish). I'm brand new to rebuilding so I don't want a super complicated deck if I can avoid it. Saying that, I don't mind a challenge and if a particular RTA is a bit tricky to build on but really kick ..., I will still consider it.

Juice consumption plays a role too. The reason I dropped the Siegelei Moonshot from my list is because it's apparently a better performer at high watts. My ideal vape is around 45w-55w but in an effort to save the amount of juice I blow through, I vape between 20w-35w for the most part. In short, I want an RTA that's good in the low to mid high range.

FLAVOUR! I love clouds. Who doesn't? But I'm more a flavour chaser, so given the choice between a cloud machine and a flavour maker, flavour wins every time.

Finally, size. I prefer the smaller attys so a beast of a tank is a no go.

Hhmm, I think I've covered everything. I'll leave it there. Thanks in advance for your help.

Honourable mentions: some that didn't make my shortlist, but which I really like the look of are the Bellus, Griffin and Moonshot. Maybe you have an opinion on these? I might reconsider.

Can't wait. Keep us posted.

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
I have The Aromamizer, the Goblin and the Avocado....

The Avocado wins hands down. Easy to build, easy to wick, best flavor I've had to date....just wish it held more Juice.

Also, the Mutank is one of my favorite RTA's..Great Flavor as well, holds more juice, same Velocity deck, wicking can be a problem at first.

Reactions: fishwater

Troy Noh

Apr 12, 2015
california
I have the Griffin, and a Kayfun lite Plus, along with the lemo 2. Out of the three the Lemo 2 was a pain to deal with. With it's side filling tank, the chimmy get stuck to the top cap. I gave it up. it's now just sitting in it box rotting away.
The Griffin is new, but with that volicity style deck, ease of build, being able to put any sort of build you want on it, say a Clapton, Fused Clapton, to just a generic coil she a beaut. tends to leak if you don't wick it correctly, or block the juice channels. Great vape, just drinks the juice
The kayfun lite plus is my work rig, super easy to build on, fill the tank, and it just keeps going. Yes it's a tight draw, more mouth to lung then anything, but good grief flavor insane.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I don't believe I am the only goblin mini liker here. one thing that is of utmost importance, is if it leaks or not. The goblin mini has been flawless in that regard. turning it upside down is minor inconvenience, but I would rather it have a fill screw, than a slight leak.

In my past experiences, I've used Kayfun lites, fogger V4's, TFV4 with both the 1 and 2 coil decks, Squape, Squape-R, Orchid, Taifun GTII, AGA-T, Subtank with RBA head and a few others I cannot think of ATM. The differences have mainly been... how much does it leak. The goblin mini has been the most leak-proof atomizer I have experienced.

The build is a typical four post design with hole traps. The chimney is a two piece design, it's 22 mm, holds a decent amount of juice. A quick easy build is to pull all the cotton up, snip at the chimney base top, then tuck down (learned that from Grim Green). I can rebuild it within 5 minutes... It's become my norm.

The only two drawbacks, is the drip tip which is not normal sized, and the bottom refill screw. The screw part I'm willing to live with since it works so well, but the drip tip, I use the stock glass one, since the drip tip adapter comes off way too easy.

After all is said and done, I still recommend the Goblin mini. It's a great little atomizer that won't break your wallet.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I don't believe I am the only goblin mini liker here. one thing that is of utmost importance, is if it leaks or not. The goblin mini has been flawless in that regard. turning it upside down is minor inconvenience, but I would rather it have a fill screw, than a slight leak.

In my past experiences, I've used Kayfun lites, fogger V4's, TFV4 with both the 1 and 2 coil decks, Squape, Squape-R, Orchid, Taifun GTII, AGA-T, Subtank with RBA head and a few others I cannot think of ATM. The differences have mainly been... how much does it leak. The goblin mini has been the most leak-proof atomizer I have experienced.

The build is a typical four post design with hole traps. The chimney is a two piece design, it's 22 mm, holds a decent amount of juice. A quick easy build is to pull all the cotton up, snip at the chimney base top, then tuck down (learned that from Grim Green). I can rebuild it within 5 minutes... It's become my norm.

The only two drawbacks, is the drip tip which is not normal sized, and the bottom refill screw. The screw part I'm willing to live with since it works so well, but the drip tip, I use the stock glass one, since the drip tip adapter comes off way too easy.

After all is said and done, I still recommend the Goblin mini. It's a great little atomizer that won't break your wallet.
Really... hmmm... my Goblin Mini V1 leaks like a sieve IF I don't vape it dry. If I let it set overnight, I can almost guarantee a puddle in the morning.

Most tanks with bottom airflow will leak if left setting filled, but the Goblin Mini, for me, is the only one that does it overnight.

I still use it as I like the flavor and vapor, but I do empty it at a setting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Really... hmmm... my Goblin Mini V1 leaks like a sieve IF I don't vape it dry. If I let it set overnight, I can almost guarantee a puddle in the morning.

Most tanks with bottom airflow will leak if left setting filled, but the Goblin Mini, for me, is the only one that does it overnight.

I still use it as I like the flavor and vapor, but I do empty it at a setting.

I wick just like Grim Green does, and have had no problem, no puddles overnight. Look at this video and it go to about 6:25. I wicked similar the first time, and a month or two later, found this video and it was like how I wicked it.. with the exception of twisting the wicks all together before the chimney base... but I now do that just to make it easier. No leaks, no worries. I have only had it leak once, and that was due to me thinning the cotton while trying temp control. But ofr kanthal, zero problems. Only some light juice when I vape a tank and go to refill, but it's about as much as condensation on the base. I put it in my pocket, carry it around every day, etc...

If it leaks, I would check if all rubber seals are tight. if you like a real tight draw, you might be drawing too much juice.. but it should sit overnight without a problem.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I wick just like Grim Green does, and have had no problem, no puddles overnight. Look at this video and it go to about 6:25. I wicked similar the first time, and a month or two later, found this video and it was like how I wicked it.. with the exception of twisting the wicks all together before the chimney base... but I now do that just to make it easier. No leaks, no worries. I have only had it leak once, and that was due to me thinning the cotton while trying temp control. But ofr kanthal, zero problems. Only some light juice when I vape a tank and go to refill, but it's about as much as condensation on the base. I put it in my pocket, carry it around every day, etc...

If it leaks, I would check if all rubber seals are tight. if you like a real tight draw, you might be drawing too much juice.. but it should sit overnight without a problem.
Will check it out... thanks...

EarnestAccord

Dec 18, 2015
Goblin Mini V2! I'm not sure why the V1 is only on your plate as the V2 has solved many of the cons being listed. That, with it's amazing flavor, no leaking(yes takes practice), low profile and did I say ffffffflavor! Can barely tell it's flavor apart from my RDA. Small detail that closed the deal for me was the two peice chimney. Makes it far easier to make wick adjustments and chimney coils, which IMHO are unsung flavor heroes.

Reactions: NealBJr

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
Being new to RTA's and looking for an easy build, I'd stay away from the Goblin or Billow...at least for now. The build decks are tight and the wicking will be more finicky then the other options you've listed.

Can't comment on the Avocado, as I haven't used one, and likely never will. I can't buy into the idea of genesis "style" tank meant for cotton. Meh....

IMO, flavor on the Aromamizer is mediocre at best, and doesn't even begin to show up until you put a high wattage build in it....and then it's just so-so.

Expand your list a little bit and investigate some other options. The Bachelor is a great tank, with an easy build, easy wicking and excellent flavor. Probably not the ideal lung hitting tank though.

The Serpent is another easy build/easy wick with excellent flavor, but also has bigger airflow, if that's your thing. (I'm assuming it is if you're running RDA's at 50+ Watts)

A lot of the RTA's being suggested were actually on my list before I shortened it to the four I mentioned. I knocked the Serpent off simply because I didn't like the way it looked. Perhaps I need to overlook the aesthetics to a certain degree. I'm going to take a look at the Bellus and the Crius. I saw these mentioned on another site. I'll take a look at the others mentioned here too.

I'm ready to place an order although at this point I have no idea which one. I've added the Griffin to the shortlist so any advice on them at would be great.

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
I prefer the Diablo RTA over the Goblin Mini or Billow Nano, for smaller RTA's. It's still dual coil, but has a V-deck, and very easy top fill. It produces great flavor and has good airflow and it's fairly cheap, about $11.

Hell%20Spawn%20Setup_zpsm6nnh2ed.jpg

4207500-3.jpg
I had a look at this. It's so cheap I think I'll just order one.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I had a look at this. It's so cheap I think I'll just order one.
It really is a nice tank, don't let the price fool you. The velocity deck is bigger and easier to build on than the G.M or Billow Nano. The flavor is simply outstanding. I wick it just like a G.M., I used the same method by GrimmGreen that was mentioned above. It really does perform just like a larger RTA, you can go through juice pretty quick, but that top fill is a breeze. If you're looking for a smaller, comapct RTA, the Diablo is the one to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread