Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Some choose electronic cigarettes - MyFox TampaBay

Some choose electronic cigarettes
02 Apr 2009

(includes two videos)

SNIPPED said:
"I would wake up some morning coughing up blood. Not think twice about it, light up another Newport. Just part of the addiction, you know," Mullins told FOX 13.

But that all changed five months ago, when Mullins discovered a tobacco free electronic cigarette.

...even with Florida's indoor smoking ban, these devices are allowed.

"What you see when someone is smoking this is water vapor. It's completely odorless. So someone next to you would not be bothered by second hand smoke," Danielle Steingraber, White Cloud Cigarette owner, said.

jerimiah797

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 6, 2009
It's starting to really bother me that some of these people are using the argument about the e-liquid flavors appealing to children. Obviously, they have never shopped for hookah tobacco. Here's a typical list of flavors at a hookah tobacco internet site I just googled. (fumari dot com)

Apple Mint
Apricot
Banana
Black Cherry
Blackberry
Blueberry Muffin
Cantaloupe
Cherry
Citrus Mint
Double Apple
Fakhfakhina
French Vanilla
Fumari
Fumari Cola
Granny Smith
Grape
Guava
Honey
Island Papaya
Jasmine
Lemon Mint
Melon
Mimosa
Mint
Mint Chocolate Chill
Mixed Fruit
Nectarine
Orange
Orange Cream
Passion Fruit
Pineapple
Plum
Prickly Pear
Raspberry
Rose
Spearmint Gum
Strawberry
Triple Apple
Tropical Mango
Tropical Punch
Tutti Fruitti
Watermelon NEW!
White Grape
White Peach

We don't even have that many choices in e-liquid, nicotine-free or not....

-Jerimiah

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
.. and they don't want you, or children, to smoke tobacco in a hookah. They just can't ban those tobacco products. Our products are on the drug side. Those can be banned.

Apples and oranges comparisons.

BUT ... when the FDA gets power over tobacco, you can flat kiss those flavors goodbye. There will be no flavors except menthol, and allowing even that ONE is being hotly debated. Flavors are history.

Obi Wan

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Florida
good to see an optimistic simple news video without all the anti negative comments added to it.
and its my home news channel !
but the letter from the fda to someone on another thread i just read doesnt sound to optimistic.
it said the fda is considering e-cigs a new drug because they established that it is intended to be marketed to help people quit smoking.
they dont sound like they care if things are changed or worded as an alternative or not.
i look forward to seeing other peoples opinion like T-Bob on that thread which is alot more serious then this optimistic simple little news video.
our news anchors seem to be more laid back,less serious and more optimistic then up North about everything.
i guess its the sunshine apposed to being negative and .....y from a long freezing cold winter up North. lol
i should know,,im from up North..

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
BUT ... when the FDA gets power over tobacco, you can flat kiss those flavors goodbye. There will be no flavors except menthol, and allowing even that ONE is being hotly debated. Flavors are history.

Not while LorAnn are still in business :)

Good point though - it's the sort of mean-spirited concession that prohibitionists will demand given half a chance. They hate the idea of people enjoying the nicotine habit.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
I really think this whole "Beat the smoking ban!" E-Cig pitch does not help our cause at all. The last thing the non smoking crowd wants is to feel they are losing a little ground.

My thoughts exactly. BUT... we cannot control what the media says in their reports. The only thing that gentleman who was using the e-cig did not say was that he isnt trying to "beat the ban", which he was clearly doing by vaping in the mall. And it is of my own opinion that all of us should remain respectful of said smoking bans, and I know that sentiment has been made before and most agree. All in all, as TB said, by far the most promising report thus far.
My best,
-VP

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Did you notice that these reports diden't say that e-cigs were illegal to sell or market?
I live in this area myself and gives me a little breathing room LOL.
I really think if we all keep pushing that fact that even tho the long term effects of vaping are unknown, It is an alternate to smoking analogs that will not harm others with second hand smoke ect. This alone will open more eyes. The more the media with a positive outlook on e-cigs educate the public the better chance we have at getting some relief from being outcasts in the public eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread