The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fox Tampa: Some Choose Electronic Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by jamie, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jamie

jamie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2008
    USA
    Some choose electronic cigarettes - MyFox TampaBay

Some choose electronic cigarettes
    02 Apr 2009

(includes two videos)

2. Lorddrek

Lorddrek Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2009
    I really think this whole "Beat the smoking ban!" E-Cig pitch does not help our cause at all. The last thing the non smoking crowd wants is to feel they are losing a little ground.

3. malyden

malyden Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2008
    OH
    :thumbs: Just wanted to note that there's a second video on this page entitled Hear what local researchers are saying about the electronic cigarettes.
    I must say these two stories were very positive about vaping! :cool:

4. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    That's about the most positive media presentation I've seen, Jamie. If these kinds of reports continue, we might see a swing toward recognition that e-smoking, while unproven, if still too promising to dismiss with a ban. I liked both videos.

5. jerimiah797

jerimiah797 Unregistered Supplier

Feb 6, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    It's starting to really bother me that some of these people are using the argument about the e-liquid flavors appealing to children. Obviously, they have never shopped for hookah tobacco. Here's a typical list of flavors at a hookah tobacco internet site I just googled. (fumari dot com)

Apple Mint
    Apricot
    Banana
    Black Cherry
    Blackberry
    Blueberry Muffin
    Cantaloupe
    Cherry
    Citrus Mint
    Double Apple
    Fakhfakhina
    French Vanilla
    Fumari
    Fumari Cola
    Granny Smith
    Grape
    Guava
    Honey
    Island Papaya
    Jasmine
    Lemon Mint
    Melon
    Mimosa
    Mint
    Mint Chocolate Chill
    Mixed Fruit
    Nectarine
    Orange
    Orange Cream
    Passion Fruit
    Pineapple
    Plum
    Prickly Pear
    Raspberry
    Rose
    Spearmint Gum
    Strawberry
    Triple Apple
    Tropical Mango
    Tropical Punch
    Tutti Fruitti
    Watermelon NEW!
    White Grape
    White Peach

We don't even have that many choices in e-liquid, nicotine-free or not....

-Jerimiah

6. Smo

Smo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Italy
    I liked how the guy in the 2nd video answered to the questions, he was really balanced weighing the pros n cons.

7. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    .. and they don't want you, or children, to smoke tobacco in a hookah. They just can't ban those tobacco products. Our products are on the drug side. Those can be banned.

Apples and oranges comparisons.

BUT ... when the FDA gets power over tobacco, you can flat kiss those flavors goodbye. There will be no flavors except menthol, and allowing even that ONE is being hotly debated. Flavors are history.

8. Obi Wan

Obi Wan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
    Florida
    good to see an optimistic simple news video without all the anti negative comments added to it.
    and its my home news channel !
    but the letter from the fda to someone on another thread i just read doesnt sound to optimistic.
    it said the fda is considering e-cigs a new drug because they established that it is intended to be marketed to help people quit smoking.
    they dont sound like they care if things are changed or worded as an alternative or not.
    i look forward to seeing other peoples opinion like T-Bob on that thread which is alot more serious then this optimistic simple little news video.
    our news anchors seem to be more laid back,less serious and more optimistic then up North about everything.
    i guess its the sunshine apposed to being negative and .....y from a long freezing cold winter up North. lol
    i should know,,im from up North..

9. syntaxevasion

syntaxevasion Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Go Tampa Bay! :D

/Treasure Island

10. strayling

strayling Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
    Seattle, USA
    The video interview with the Tobacco Intervention guy was very encouraging. I like the way the public debate is shaping up.

11. strayling

strayling Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
    Seattle, USA
    Not while LorAnn are still in business :)

Good point though - it's the sort of mean-spirited concession that prohibitionists will demand given half a chance. They hate the idea of people enjoying the nicotine habit.

12. MonkeyMonk

MonkeyMonk Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2009
    I liked both videos. I wish more news clips would present the positive side of e-cigs.

13. Vapor Pete

Vapor Pete The Vapor Pope ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    My thoughts exactly. BUT... we cannot control what the media says in their reports. The only thing that gentleman who was using the e-cig did not say was that he isnt trying to "beat the ban", which he was clearly doing by vaping in the mall. And it is of my own opinion that all of us should remain respectful of said smoking bans, and I know that sentiment has been made before and most agree. All in all, as TB said, by far the most promising report thus far.
    My best,
    -VP

14. scintar

scintar Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2009
    Pinellas Park FL
    Did you notice that these reports diden't say that e-cigs were illegal to sell or market?
    I live in this area myself and gives me a little breathing room LOL.
    I really think if we all keep pushing that fact that even tho the long term effects of vaping are unknown, It is an alternate to smoking analogs that will not harm others with second hand smoke ect. This alone will open more eyes. The more the media with a positive outlook on e-cigs educate the public the better chance we have at getting some relief from being outcasts in the public eye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.