Status
Not open for further replies.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Spring loaded pins and BF'g don't really get along too well to date... Fat Daddy has yet to make a 510 that won't leak at some point. If you are thinking about replacing the 510, don't skimp on it and get either a Pdib or a Varitube. The Varitube is made in self-adjusting or manual and is also cheaper, but the manual Pdib is rock solid...

FWIW I haven't tried the pdib but the FD V5 haven't given me any leaking issues, but I also use the supplied clear o-ring around the contact pin in the base of the 510.
I have, however, managed to rip the guts out of 2 from the bottom, seems not all of them are secured with enough epoxy to the ceramic.
That pdib connector looks nice, granted there is enough material on the bottom end for the connection point on something like the frankenskull.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'm sure if you knew what the dimensions were that you needed all you would have to do is pm him and he would answer any and all questions you would have. My feeling on it is the Pdib 510 would be more than adequate to work in this device. More so than any of the Fat Daddy 510's...

Reactions: minimalsaint

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
I'm sure if you knew what the dimensions were that you needed all you would have to do is pm him and he would answer any and all questions you would have. My feeling on it is the Pdib 510 would be more than adequate to work in this device. More so than any of the Fat Daddy 510's...

I couldn't resist, I messaged him already!

I've no doubt it could be made to work on this mod, just not sure what would be involved is all.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I got mine today and am very impressed for total cost.
    The atomizer vapes much better than I expected and doesn't need to be discarded as junk.Air flow comes in from bottom over coils like a Kennedy.
    Fire button is stiff enough to prevent accidental firing but a safety switch or a fuse of some type would be better.
    Id get another with no regrets.
    I haven't tried Little Origen nor the no name atomizer yet on it.Wrong size Allen wrench was included with no name so hopefully I have right size in my toolbox.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    I happen to have a Pinch, which has the Pdib 510 and the upgraded CAM-M which - I think - has the VT 510. The one in the CAM M leaks a bit (not as bad as the older one), the Pdib 510 is immaculate.
    I thought I read he put the VT in the Cam-M during the upgrade. Too bad that it still leaks though... I think that device was destined to be a problematic piece of vape gear from the start.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    I couldn't resist, I messaged him already!

I've no doubt it could be made to work on this mod, just not sure what would be involved is all.
    I think its gonna be as easy as pulling the old one out and dropping his in there. Its quite simplistic in how it works, and like I said, its rock solid...

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2014
    Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
    I thought I read he put the VT in the Cam-M during the upgrade. Too bad that it still leaks though... I think that device was destined to be a problematic piece of vape gear from the start.

It's far better than the old one. Now it needs the regular cleaning once every 2-3 weeks instead of once every 2-3 days. So I am not complaining. My two CAM-M mods now see more use than any other mod I have. The leaks and misfires do happen but with the cleaning routine done every 2 or 3 weeks I can live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: muzichead

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    6478501-9.jpg

Did it come with this bottle pictured?

FDA BOC

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    It seems very stiff to me. After a couple days use the bottle is deformed, with creases.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    This is an indication you are squeezing the bottle way too hard. You obviously have an obstruction of some sorts between the bottle and the atty. Did you cut an inverted V in the end of your tube, like this, |^|?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    View attachment 626643
    Did it come with this bottle pictured?

FDA BOC
    Never noticed before that they not only cloned the Frankie, they cloned the F.I.B.'s as well... Thats funny stuff right there. If I were to clone any bottle it would be the BFX's for sure!!

Reactions: EddieAdams

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    Never noticed before that they not only cloned the Frankie, they cloned the F.I.B.'s as well... Thats funny stuff right there. If I were to clone any bottle it would be the BFX's for sure!!
    I'm waiting for the cappy v4 clone. Just can't bring myself to pay $20 for a bottle. They're so nice though

FDA BOC

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    I'm waiting for the cappy v4 clone. Just can't bring myself to pay $20 for a bottle. They're so nice though

FDA BOC
    You might be waiting an excessively long time for that one... I think the only thing silicone to ever come out of Asia was cloned breast implants!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread