Frankenskull clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooxster

Nov 5, 2014
Cheltenham UK
Just did a squonk conversion on a Stumpy FT clone. 30 gauge twisted Kanthal, 6 wraps on 2mm screwdriver - 1 ohm. Looks really nice on the Frankie and vapes a treat. Put an O ring in the original bottle and re-bent the positive strip a little to get most of the kink out of the tube. Not quite so much pressure required on the switch now either. These little squonkers are sooooo nice to use.

Irons

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
MI
Got the first one today and got it set up. Pretty easy.
Holy eye watering crap Batman these things hit like an angry ton of bricks!
This is going to take a little getting used to. Room is spinning. May have to cut back a bit on the nicotine level.
Whew! Roger!
whew.gif

Frs1.jpg

Jooxster

Nov 5, 2014
Cheltenham UK
So I had trouble locating a bottle at a fair price for my Frankie. I had the wife's Pico Squeeze with a broken fire button (don't ask) so decided to scavenge it for spares. Turns out, the silicone bung that's located on the bottle tube can easily be removed by pulling the foot off the tube with a pair of pin nosed pliers. Using the tube from the original Franke bottle, I fed it through the bung, using a small jewellers screwdriver to stiffen the tube. The result - a softish bottle with no air or liquid leaks.

Irons

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
MI
Man these things are way different than the cartomizer/passthrough e-cig stuff I'm used to.
I switched to a milder flue cured tobacco juice and that calmed it down a bit but this puts out so much concentrated vapor and it does it so fast I end up dizzy.
As for the kit I got (pictured 2 posts above) I have zero complaints. The door fits the bottle is kinda hard but it squonks just fine and delivers plenty of juice to the cotton. And it doesn't leak at all.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Man these things are way different than the cartomizer/passthrough e-cig stuff I'm used to.
I switched to a milder flue cured tobacco juice and that calmed it down a bit but this puts out so much concentrated vapor and it does it so fast I end up dizzy.
As for the kit I got (pictured 2 posts above) I have zero complaints. The door fits the bottle is kinda hard but it squonks just fine and delivers plenty of juice to the cotton. And it doesn't leak at all.

You need to reduce your nic when you go from carto type stuff to RDA's and the like. That is why you are dizzy - you are probably getting 5+ times the hit in one drag.

Irons

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
MI
You need to reduce your nic when you go from carto type stuff to RDA's and the like. That is why you are dizzy - you are probably getting 5+ times the hit in one drag.
Yep that's about what it felt like! I cut some down to 12mg from 24 and it's much better. I think I will go down to 8 or 9 when I order more though.

MrSmith99

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Earth
Bought the FrankenFake Clear, but it took a week for the order to be acknowledged by FT. And then the tracking said China Accepted. Hmmm....Didn't expect that. Thought it would be sent via US. Got the bottle from Reos but had lots of errors on their site. Took 30 minutes to order from them. Hasn't been easy but can't wait to see what I get. Been using Reo Grand for 5 Years + and nothing else. Also ordered a Tesla Touch and totally excited about that. Will post pictures when I get everything...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kprthevapr

MrSmith99

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Earth
Got my FrankenSkull Clone clear (Translucent-B) and love it. I've been using this mod a few days and have to admit it works great.
I changed the bottle for one from Reos Mods. The cheapie bottle that came with it was pretty stiff and flimsy, I didn't even try to use it. There needs to be a cheaper place to get bottles. With shipping the Reos bottle was way too much money. Wish I had tried a cheaper alternative. Next time I will.
I got the one that came with the FrankenSkull atty so that's what I've been using with it. It comes with 2 pre-wound coils at about 1 ohm each. So the atty, because it is a dual coil, comes in at .5 ohm. The vape is thick, smooth, just slightly warm cloud of vapor.
Best value for the price. I mean, a complete box mod for under $20. And, it is so tiny!

I sure wish I'd had this 6 years ago when I quit smoking and started vaping. All I had then was Egos and 510s and learned about dripping really fast. Now days we have awesome cheap box mods that anyone can afford.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Got my FrankenSkull Clone clear (Translucent-B) and love it. I've been using this mod a few days and have to admit it works great.
I changed the bottle for one from Reos Mods. The cheapie bottle that came with it was pretty stiff and flimsy, I didn't even try to use it. There needs to be a cheaper place to get bottles. With shipping the Reos bottle was way too much money. Wish I had tried a cheaper alternative. Next time I will.
I got the one that came with the FrankenSkull atty so that's what I've been using with it. It comes with 2 pre-wound coils at about 1 ohm each. So the atty, because it is a dual coil, comes in at .5 ohm. The vape is thick, smooth, just slightly warm cloud of vapor.
Best value for the price. I mean, a complete box mod for under $20. And, it is so tiny!

I sure wish I'd had this 6 years ago when I quit smoking and started vaping. All I had then was Egos and 510s and learned about dripping really fast. Now days we have awesome cheap box mods that anyone can afford.

If you're looking for a direct replacement of Italian Supersoft bottles I recommend these. Same style, practically same dimensions all around, same softish polyethylene, and every bit as good at a small fraction of the price. Been using them for a couple of weeks now in Frankenskulls. After my first order of a few to check out, I've ordered a 10-pack.

$6.82 Mechanical Mod Replacement Squonk Bottle (10-Pack) 10-pack - 8ml / PE at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Screenshot 2017-07-27 at 2.03.44 PM.png

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
If you're looking for a direct replacement of Italian Supersoft bottles I recommend these. Same style, practically same dimensions all around, same softish polyethylene, and every bit as good at a small fraction of the price. Been using them for a couple of weeks now. After my first order of a few to check out, I've ordered a 10-pack.

$6.82 Mechanical Mod Replacement Squonk Bottle (10-Pack) 10-pack - 8ml / PE at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

View attachment 674947
These are as soft as the supersofts,even though they aren't silicone?That's a great price on them,so if they are good,i will definitely stock up.I just got a few of the Yftk silicone bottles,and i hate those,they are just stupid soft,if you look at them they will squirt juice through the tube haha.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
These are as soft as the supersofts,even though they aren't silicone?That's a great price on them,so if they are good,i will definitely stock up.I just got a few of the Yftk silicone bottles,and i hate those,they are just stupid soft,if you look at them they will squirt juice through the tube haha.

Italian Supersofts are polyethylene. These have the same feel, maybe slightly softer. Yeah, silicone is a whole other level of squishy. :shock: I like the YFTKs in certain mods though. (edited - rules)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: b.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread