Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Italian Supersofts are polyethylene. These have the same feel, maybe slightly softer. Yeah, silicone is a whole other level of squishy. :shock: I like the YFTKs in certain mods though. (Edited)
I have too many different bottles running through my head,i don't know why i thought the ss bottles were silicone haha.I didn't realize when i seen your post,those are the bottles that come with the Icarus clone,so i do have one of those bottles,and i agree they are nice,i planned to see if they sold them separately,then forgot to check,but now i have 2 of the 10 packs in my cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheWestPole

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
If you're looking for a direct replacement of Italian Supersoft bottles I recommend these. Same style, practically same dimensions all around, same softish polyethylene, and every bit as good at a small fraction of the price. Been using them for a couple of weeks now in Frankenskulls. After my first order of a few to check out, I've ordered a 10-pack.

$6.82 Mechanical Mod Replacement Squonk Bottle (10-Pack) 10-pack - 8ml / PE at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

View attachment 674947

Looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like the tube makes a good seal with the top of the bottle - is that true or are the pics on fasttech off? Would not surprise me either way.

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like the tube makes a good seal with the top of the bottle - is that true or are the pics on Fasttech off? Would not surprise me either way.

The tube>cap fit is not quite as tight as Supersoft, but I've had no problems there.

Reactions: Rathamar

MrSmith99

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Earth
I broke my toy! :(

I dropped my FrankenSkull in the garage. Surprisingly the plastic didn't break or scratch, it just all came apart. After cleaning all the cob webs off of it and wiping it down with alcohol I put the battery back in. I was getting nothing. So I checked it with a volt/ohm meter and got no voltage at all. It is a really super simple device and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. The metal rails just had no voltage. So, the battery wasn't making good contact. I tried to bend the ends down a bit where it contacts the battery but didn't have much luck, and I still got nothing. Then I added a very slight bump of solder to both the upper and lower battery contact rails. And viola! It works great again. I would consider it better than before. Now I don't have to worry about it not working for such a dumb reason when I'm out somewhere. I think it really needs a slight bump on the upper and lower contact rails, just saying...

My toy works again! :)

eskapo

Jul 13, 2013
ph
good day!
i have the same mod too, been using it alot lately, and i am having a hard time using the bottle it came with, i read the other suggestions regarding the bottle "6ml soy sauce" but unfortunately, i cant find it here in my location, the italians or other bottle is a no go for me, so im just wondering do the pico squezzee bottles fit, or if other modifications are needed can i see the result? thank you

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
rps20170811_101853.jpg

Easy Peazy

MrSmith99

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Earth
I've seen a few posts talk about how the battery connector on the Franken Skull tore up battery sleeves and made it hard to insert a battery. I have also seen posts about how hard the button is to press and make work.
So, I thought I'd show my ultra simple fix for both issues. I simply put a dab of solder on the connectors and it works great. There is no need to replace the connectors with copper or rebuild anything. Took me 5 minutes with a cheap solder iron, solder paste, and some electronics solder. Incidentally, you can pull the metal contact strip out with a pair of needle nose pliers. Pull straight out easily, being careful of the plastic tab at the bottom holding it in. Don't twist it. Pull straight out, there is no glue or anything hold it in.

Here is a pic of the button connector. I barely made a bump with the solder. The button works perfect every time now. No need to press hard.

Here are some pics of the battery connectors where I soldered them. I just put a small flat bump. This helps it work with flat top batteries and also lets the battery roll in or out of the connectors without hurting the sleeve.

I like this mod so much (and especially for the price) that I now own 2 of them. They are my "carry everywhere" mods because they work great and at this price they're expendable.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Im working on another one, same finish and its ready for parts. Ive decided to change the copper wiring to .99% silver wrapped with teflon so its taking a little longer then expected...I have little time to play betwee work and kids but Im working on it to show it off soon.... Being that the mod is so light and tiny Im going to install a tiny sub-ohm single button pcb bord it...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Reactions: bsidb

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
thank you , its ordered , will try it out
No problem,hopefully it will fit better.I threw one in my cart to try out as well,plus if it's nice enough,i'll grab a few more for some other mods.I just hope it's not as squishy as a few of the other silicone bottles,if it's just a bit firmer than the others,then i will be happy haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread