Free Vuse 'digital' cig???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
So there I was in 7-11 gettin gas. I normally pay at the pump but I wanted a mega super stupid big gulp. When I entered the store, I looked left and there was a very good lookin lady standin there with a badge from Camel. I thought nothing of it as I havent smoked in about 2 years. Well, as i was checking out the clerk asked if i smoked. I told her not unless you're talkin bout vaping no. Well, she told me to talk to the lady, she'll gimme a free Vuse. So I did. I wanted to try one, just to say I did. Well, I tried it. I now believe whole heartedly that BT is makin ecigs so bad to make people think they dont work. I got almost NO vape from it. And the taste was tin-ish and just gross. I mean, I know taste is subjective but com'on. This thing was BAD. Even the fit and finish was horriable. I am very disappointed in these companies for making the sad attemps on this. I know they are in business to make money, but vaping should NOT be part of BT's budget IMHO.
Anyone else had this exp????

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I tried one, because they sent me a coupon for a free one, and I was curious. Yeah, it tastes bad, like burnt coffee grounds to me, and vapor production was about on par with the disposables if I'm remembering correctly over a year and a half ago. The ONE thing I'll give them credit for is, the things are easy to use, you just push the cartridge in, no screwing. Of course that means you can't use them with anything else, and they're not refillable, but they are simple.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
One would think that the tobacco companies would catch the drift and get into usable ecigs. At least they could recoup some of the money they lose to the vape industry. It's as if they would rather keep people hooked on death sticks than make money on a decent product.

Yeah I would think that they would be getting into making their own mods and stuff. But, I do know that they're trying to get people just switching over from smoking and they don't know about mods or anything like that and they hope they'll just keep buying their product. When I was using cigalikes when I first quit smoking it took me about 4 or 5 months to figure out that there was anything besides cigalikes. I really thought they were as good as it gets which was completely fine with me because I didn't know they had things that are so much better.

I think that they know vapers aren't going to buy mods and rebuildables from them because we don't really like them too much. So they probably don't even bother trying to get us. They just prey on the people that don't know any better.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
One would think that the tobacco companies would catch the drift and get into usable ecigs. At least they could recoup some of the money they lose to the vape industry. It's as if they would rather keep people hooked on death sticks than make money on a decent product.

absolutely..I'd tried the blu's and I was a smoker..and went right on ahead and bought yet another carton. Win for Big Tobacco..they're just a clever ploy to keep you smoking..as "there's no way I could quit squeaking a small puff out of one of these nasty things for ten minutes and then want a ciggie or two even MORE aftewards".

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
They also might be a clever ploy used by BT to associate vaping with smoking - especially in the eyes of law-makers.

Remember, BT want vaping to fail. It bothers them and costs them a lot of money to develop new supply chains and new technology to bring e-cigs to market.

They want us to smoke.

Which is why we need to make sure we disassociate ourselves with BT and their crappy excuses for vaping devices at every available opportunity. Law makers need to understand that vaping is not a way for BT to recruit new addicts to replace the ones that have quit, or, well died...

Where possible we should not allow BT in to our industry, they should not be invited to attend vape meets and they certainly should not be recognized as an ally against the FDA.

Last edited:

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
They also might be a clever ploy used by BT to associate vaping with smoking - especially in the eyes of law-makers.

Remember, BT want vaping to fail. It bothers them and costs them a lot of money to develop new supply chains and new technology to bring e-cigs to market.

They want us to smoke.

Which is why we need to make sure we disassociate ourselves with BT and their crappy excuses for vaping devices at every available opportunity. Law makers need to understand that vaping is not a way for BT to recruit new addicts to replace the ones that have quit, or, well died...

Where possible we should not allow BT in to our industry, they should not be invited to attend vape meets and they certainly should not be recognized as an ally against the FDA.

I concur. Like I said, I wanted to try it to see how it was, but in no way shape or form did I want to waste my money of them. This is what they say on their website. I'm more upset now then I was before......

'Designed and assembled in the USA by tobacco experts R.J. Reynolds tobacco
company, VUSE brings 100 years of tobacco expertise to the future of vapor.'

What the ?@?@?@ the whole point is to get away from BT, not encourage them to get into vaping.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
They aren't really made for mod users, or even ego users. Maybe a smoker would enjoy it? Or Njoy it...

I am interested in tryin the Njoy, just because. I doubt I'd be happy as now I'm a dripper but.............who knows. I can tell you the Vuse sux a big fat one.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
'Designed and assembled in the USA by tobacco experts R.J. Reynolds tobacco
company, VUSE brings 100 years of tobacco expertise to the future of vapor.'

What the ?@?@?@ the whole point is to get away from BT, not encourage them to get into vaping.

They repeat that line in their TV advertising too. They call themselves 'tobacco experts' and use phrases like 'perfect puff' and 'it's time smoking changed' in their TV commercial. Digital vapor cigarette is their tag line under the product name in their advertising.

How can people not associate vaping with smoking when they are using these words and phrases? You might say they are using them to appeal to smokers, perhaps so, but it also aligns and associates vaping with smoking and that is not a good thing for vapers.

Law-makers increasing associate vaping with smoking and you can often hear them attack vaping using this association.

They'll start talking about vaping, then speak about similarities between vaping and smoking. Then they'll introduce the dangers of smoking and then bring the discussion back to vaping and tell you that is why we need public bans and why it's a menace to public health when all they really gave us were figures about smoking.

That's why I think any association between vaping and BT can only be a bad thing for vapers.

I might be way off base here, I really don't know. But it's a thought I've had more and more lately as I've seen BT get more involved with e-cigs.

Last edited:

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
They repeat that line in their TV advertising too. They call themselves 'tobacco experts' and use phrases like 'perfect puff' and 'it's time smoking changed' in their TV commercial. Digital vapor cigarette is their tag line under the product name in their advertising.

How can people not associate vaping with smoking when they are using these words and phrases? You might say they are using them to appeal to smokers, perhaps so, but it also aligns and associates vaping with smoking and that is not a good thing for vapers.

Law-makers increasing associate vaping with smoking and you can often hear them attack vaping using this association.

They'll start talking about vaping, then speak about similarities between vaping and smoking. Then they'll introduce the dangers of smoking and then bring the discussion back to vaping and tell you that is why we need public bans and why it's a menace to public health when all they really gave us were figures about smoking.

That's why I think any association between vaping and BT is can only be a bad thing for vapers.

I might be way off base here, I really don't know. But it's a thought I've had more and more lately as I've seen BT get more involved with e-cigs.

Sadly BT has enough money to keep US(vaporers) out of that. They are pi55ed that we were able to stop using them. They don't care about us, they care about their money. Which I get, they're in business to make. So make it without screwin us(again vaporers) over. I mean com'on!! leave us alone!!

pauly walnuts

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
pa
The fact is, people are not that observant. Case in point: A couple coworkers of mine got these vuse cigs free, and said they wanted to quit smoking. They have been around me from the very beginning of my vape journey and saw me go from blu to ego to vamo to mechanical to box mod. Do they think I kept progressing because it was cool? No, they just didnt pay attention.

In their experience, their options are very limited, like what they can get at a gas station. Their knowledge of vaping is also very limited, which could easily change, as someone theyve known for years has a ton of vaping experience (me). All they have to do is ask, but they obviously dont care enough to,

Easy is the key. Few people want to learn too much, or think too hard or contemplate complex possibilities. Its very hard to coach these people into making the right purchases, but theyll be upset when their vuse dies and they need a real cigarette again.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
They aren't really made for mod users, or even ego users. Maybe a smoker would enjoy it? Or Njoy it...

Hey now, don't lump Njoy in with BT. They do make disposable cigalikes(which are actually pretty decent), but they also have open container juice lines out, AND they've actually fought for the vaping industry in court/lobbying.

kfolse107

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Houma, Louisiana, United States
I am interested in tryin the Njoy, just because. I doubt I'd be happy as now I'm a dripper but.............who knows. I can tell you the Vuse sux a big fat one.

I started with the Njoy cigalikes and believe me, they taste like crap. Don't waste your money

Last edited:

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Hey now, don't lump Njoy in with BT. They do make disposable cigalikes(which are actually pretty decent), but they also have open container juice lines out, AND they've actually fought for the vaping industry in court/lobbying.
Exactly. While I've never tried Njoy, I can respect them since they are not affiliated with Big Tobacco.

My favorite juice company, Halo makes cigalikes too which is called the G6, I believe. While I would never use this, their juices are top notch.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I received a coupon in the mail recently for a free Mark Ten. I gave it to a co-worker who uses cigalikes exclusively. I had zero interest in trying it myself.
I've tried the Mark Ten and the menthol tasted decent enough. Problem is, it did very little for my nic cravings. Perhaps its better for people who don't need high doses of nic like I do. I know a guy who swears by them. But then again, he's not really a smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread