Marlboro Representatives came into my store...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand
Thats always the problem in this field. you say "I'm a network engineer with a specialty in next gen firewalls and a systems admin with exchange, VM, and storage exp" and people look at you like you're from another planet.
for the non-nerds I don't even say IT - when asked what I do I generally say "i'm the head computer geek"

that seems good enough ;)

Same all over,I'm a green sand moulder working in non ferrous with machine,floor,free pattern,core,fettling and furnace exp.

Just a Sand Rat:)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
At first I was thinking, "Boy, you're not a very good sales person." like you said your boss was reacting. But then I remembered they're the ones that should be sucking up to you, they're the sales people in this instance.

Your boss should actually be thanking you for being knowledgeable on the ecig issue.
If she was smart she'd let BT draw the ecig customers in and then she can hook them with liquids and ecigs other than cigalikes.

I would've had fun with that microchip comment while holding an eVic.

It is not illegal to distill your own spirits.

Maybe not for fuel but it sure is for drinking.
It wasn't even legal to homebrew your own beer until Carter.

schotzky

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Kansas
At first I was thinking, "Boy, you're not a very good sales person." like you said your boss was reacting. But then I remembered they're the ones that should be sucking up to you, they're the sales people in this instance.

Your boss should actually be thanking you for being knowledgeable on the ecig issue.
If she was smart she'd let BT draw the ecig customers in and then she can hook them with liquids and ecigs other than cigalikes.

We do have some Ego-C kits, but they aren't VV and only one comes in a kit, with a charger and some atties. They're 62.99 and I cannot in good conscious sell them to people. I tell them to go online and get an ego kit for 35 bucks tops. I understand that we have to have mark up to make a profit but as a vaper I cannot recommend that. We also have Blu's which I steer people away from and some other cig-a-likes. I told my boss if we are going to have cig a likes to sell the N JOY King, but he doesn't listen to me. Oh well.

I was vaping on my ProVari and also had my Vamo and NES DNA 20 mod with me when she made the micro chip comment. Bunch of noobs the reps are. I'm sure the people that need to know about the e-cigs at BT know every make and model and probably peruse forums like this one.

schotzky

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Kansas

We do have some Ego-C kits, but they aren't VV and only one comes in a kit, with a charger and some atties. They're 62.99 and I cannot in good conscious sell them to people. I tell them to go online and get an ego kit for 35 bucks tops. I understand that we have to have mark up to make a profit but as a vaper I cannot recommend that. We also have Blu's which I steer people away from and some other cig-a-likes. I told my boss if we are going to have cig a likes to sell the N JOY King, but he doesn't listen to me. Oh well.

I was vaping on my ProVari and also had my Vamo and NES DNA 20 mod with me when she made the micro chip comment. Bunch of noobs the reps are. I'm sure the people that need to know about the e-cigs at BT know every make and model and probably peruse forums like this one.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
BT could make an ecig that replenished its own juice and did my laundry for me, but I still wouldn't buy it.

well now wait a second,,,,,,,,

if it did my laundry for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe :laugh:

seriously though, they are just salesman,,,,,,,,I know they sell a product that kills,,,,,,,,,

and I'm not saying that's great,,,,,,,,,,but I'm an adult, and so are the ones buying cigarettes,,,,so I guess they know what they're doing with their own bodies.

Just smile pretty and know you made a smarter choice.

schotzky

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Kansas
well now wait a second,,,,,,,,

if it did my laundry for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe :laugh:

seriously though, they are just salesman,,,,,,,,I know they sell a product that kills,,,,,,,,,

and I'm not saying that's great,,,,,,,,,,but I'm an adult, and so are the ones buying cigarettes,,,,so I guess they know what they're doing with their own bodies.

Just smile pretty and know you made a smarter choice.

Oh ya I know, I'm not against smoking or banning cigs at all. If you want to smoke, go ahead and smoke. More power to ya. I quit smoking cigs not because of my health, but because e-cigs are much more fun, taste better, and i guess the health is a benefit.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Oh ya I know, I'm not against smoking or banning cigs at all. If you want to smoke, go ahead and smoke. More power to ya. I quit smoking cigs not because of my health, but because e-cigs are much more fun, taste better, and i guess the health is a benefit.

Oh I hear you,,,,,I worked the night shift in a convenience store for YEARS. (and I already HAD a college degree :laugh: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread