hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    This time I’m back with the Freemax autopod50 the world’s first double mesh coil pod mod kit. It was provided to me by Freemax in order to do an honest review to help others decide if this kit might be a good option for them also. I have tried many pod devices and have yet to experience anything like I did with this one. I’ll get into that later. Let’s take a look at what’s included.

What’s in the Box?

• 1-Qty FreeMax AUTOPOD50 device
    • 1-Qty AUTOPOD Cartridge
    • 1-Qty AX2 Mesh 0.25Ω Coil
    • 1-Qty AX2 Mesh 0.5Ω Coil
    • 1-Qty Sillicon Protection Case
    • 1-Qty Type C USB Charging Cable
    • 1-Qty User Manual
    • Authenticity Code on Retail Box

I know the kit lists a silicon case with the kit but my sample did not include it.

upload_2020-6-13_16-25-18.jpg

Specifications:

• Dimensions – 94mm by 43.5mm by 24.5mm
    • Integrated 2000mAh Battery
    • Wattage Output Range: 5-50W
    • Voltage Output Range: 0.7-7.5V
    • Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
    • Intuitive Firing Button
    • OLED Display Screen
    • Two Adjustment Buttons
    • Variable Wattage Functionality
    • Refillable Pod – Replaceable Cartridge
    • 4mL Refillable Pod Capacity
    • Bottom Fill System – Silicone Stoppered
    • All New Freemax CoilTech 4.0 Technology
    • FreeMaX Autopod AX2 Coil Series
    • SS904L Mesh Coil + Tea Fiber Cotton Formula
    • 0.25ohm AX2 Double Mesh Coil – Rated for 30-50W
    • 0.5ohm AX2 Double Mesh Coil – Rated for 15-35W
    • Press-Fit Coil Installation
    • Snap-In Pod Connection
    • Type-C Charging Port – Rapid Charging

First Impressions:

Upon opening the package, I very much liked the color. I received the blue which in my opinion is a very nice shade of blue. It is a shiny finish and thought that it would leave a lot of fingerprints but that really hasn’t been the case that I’ve noticed. The pod is held in by two magnets that are plenty strong. The pod is a 4ml capacity which I find very respectable. It came with the .25 coil already installed so I started with that one. I immediately noticed the airflow control on the bottom of the coil. It allows for a wide variety of airflow variations. For the .25 I found that the airflow completely open was a good fit for me. The pod was easy to fill with a standard 10ml bottle that I use for most of my carry flavors. I thought it was a nice design how the plug fits into a molded track in the pod so that most of the plug locks in and not only just the end that goes in the hole like most pods I’ve tried. Now for the part you’ve been waiting for. How’s the flavor? HOLY COW! It is fantastic! The double coil mesh coils deliver phenomenal flavor in my opinion. I ran the .25 coil for a little over a week with no noticeable flavor reduction. It also produces a fairly large amount of vapor. The .25 coil is rated for 30-50 watts and the mod has a built in function where it automatically changes the wattage to a desirable setting when the pod is installed. I’ve seen some negativity on this function but don’t have a problem with it myself. I think it is a good feature to keep inexperienced users from burning up coils. However, it might be nice to be able to turn it off. When I first inserted the pod, it changed the setting to 30 watts. I tend to start out lower than recommended with stock coils so I started out with it at 25 watts and worked my way up to 30. That setting was plenty for me but this coil could be run much higher. The second coil included is a .5 ohm double mesh coil that is rated at 15 to 35 watts. The mod goes to 20 when the coil is inserted. I started it at 17 and worked my way up to 22 watts which I found to be a cool flavorful vapor still with a fairly large amount of vapor production.

I had 320 puffs on the counter with the first coil with about ¼ battery showing on the display. I recharged the unit and installed the .5 ohm coil. When changing coil, you have to remove the airflow control from the old coil and screw it onto the new one. It’s not built into each coil. It was fairly easy to unscrew to change.

The pod has a built in molded drip tip and is not replaceable. I know some people may not like this but I had no issue with it and found the tip comfortable enough. About my only complaint on this kit is that the pod itself is made of a dark plastic and I find it very difficult to see the liquid level without shining a light on it. This has been a constant complaint on many different pod devices.

The mod itself has an OLED display that I find fairly easy to read. The battery is a built in 2000mah battery with a USB Type C connector and fast charging. The charge time is listed at 80 minutes but I never run mods down all the way and usually never more than ¼ battery capacity. It has a menu with puff settings and time out setting as well as key lock available. It has multiple protections built in as follows: low resistance, open circuit, 10 second timeout, short circuit, high temperature, and low voltage. I found the mod to be comfortable in the hand and could easily switch between thumb or index finger firing. It’s small enough to stick in a pocket or purse and with the lock feature you don’t have to worry about it firing by accident. The difference with this pod unit is that you don’t give up performance for convenience. The vapor production is as good as many single battery mods and the flavor is better than many tanks that I have tried. I just can’t get over how well this unit delivers on flavor production. I knew from past experience that Freemax makes some great coils and they have not disappointed at all with these.

Final Thoughts:

To me, the autopod50 is a fantastic all in one device. The mod itself is comfortable to hold, the flavor production is better than pretty much any other pod device I’ve tried and even better than many tanks and rtas that I’ve used. The battery lasts a decent amount of time and with the fast charging you can go from 0-50% battery in 30 minutes.

The pod has not leaked once since I started using the device which is a huge plus in my opinion. The opening is plenty big for filling with no mess. The 4ml capacity is a good size for a pod device or just about any tank in my book. The coils are made with ss904 and tea fiber cotton. The airflow control on the bottom of the coils is a fantastic feature in my opinion that allows me to adjust to my personal preference. Also with it being on the bottom, I don’t have to worry about accidentally moving the airflow control with my hand. Oh, and did I mention, the flavor production is FANTASTIC! After over a week of using a diy lemon pound cake recipe in the first coil, I noticed almost no change in color of the coil. I have a feeling that these coils are going to last a long time.

I have truly enjoyed testing the autopod50 and would like to thank Freemax for sending it to me. I would also like to thank the readers for taking time to read my review until the end. Would I recommend this device? If you are ok with a built in battery and are a flavor chaser that likes a respectable amount of vapor then definitely yes. It’s a great DTL(direct to lung) device. Below is a link to the Freemax site if you would like to take a better look.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Another great review, I own a few freemax products, the fireluke, the fireluke2 and 2 mesh pros. Not hard to see that I like freemax, great flavor, vapor production and coil life. Now if I can find where to buy the autopod 50 I'll be good. I can't find a link.

I totally forgot to post the link to the Freemax site or for some reason it just didn’t work. Sorry about that. Here it is.

Freemax Autopod50 - World's First Double Mesh Coil Pod Mod Kit

Reactions: stols001

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Both of the coils on this one had very good flavor. It’s just a matter of if you want a cool vape or a warmer one. I usually go for the higher resistance on stock coils but really liked both of these.

So far I like a cooler vape, not to hot, some warm I don't mind but not excessive. Will like to see a tank with such good flavour, I heard from Rob the fireluxe 2 is good but I think I saw somewhere posted by freemax_jerry a kit with allegedly a fire Luke 3. Hope you guys get for a review :)

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    So far I like a cooler vape, not to hot, some warm I don't mind but not excessive. Will like to see a tank with such good flavour, I heard from Rob the fireluxe 2 is good but I think I saw somewhere posted by freemax_jerry a kit with allegedly a fire Luke 3. Hope you guys get for a review :)

I am told that there are a couple new kits on the way.

• Love
    Reactions: Aliraonz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread