Fresh builder/sub ohmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwhite87

Feb 21, 2015
Norfolk, VA
So I've been a loong time vaper. First device was two Kanger VV/VW ego pens with MT3 tanks then moving up to an iStick 20w once it died. Now I use a combination of my Sigelei 75w and RX200s. The 75 is mostly for firing coils or a backup.

Problem I'm facing right now is burn hits and replacing cotton more frequently on a .3 build at 50W. It could be the 70/30 VG/PG juice. Then again when when I was firing a .5 build at 27w with 70/30 PG/VG the wick was almost charred when I'd have to change the cotton . I am also cross comparing two separate decks where the .5 build has very limited airflow. The chamber and well on the .3 deck is like comparing buckshot to a 9mm cal at close range in terms of spread.

(Pardon the thinking out loud)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Heya @Dwhite87!

What's your topper(s)? I don't build much below 0.5ohm, but I have a lot of pre-built 0.25 heads for other toppers. I'm usually 70+ VG in my juices. If they're dark and/or sweet, you'll probably have to change the wick a bit more often. Don't overwick. Keep the cotton "loose", but not too much so. Rayon, you can pack a lot tighter (I use that on rare occasions.)

Also, bring a new coil/wick up somewhat slowly. Let it work its way into your sweet-spot.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
That's always been my method anyhow. Two-three days that is. Then again I'm firing probably 10x a day at 18-24 nic. If I was on a 3 or I'd be chain vaping.

I really wish I had a few more RTAs. That'd make my life so much easier. New FDA ruling is also a pain because the local shop owner can't help us with builds at all.

18-24mg in sub ohm probably taste bad too. Usually 6mg max but you could try 9-12mg.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
That's always been my method anyhow. Two-three days that is. Then again I'm firing probably 10x a day at 18-24 nic. If I was on a 3 or I'd be chain vaping.

I really wish I had a few more RTAs. That'd make my life so much easier. New FDA ruling is also a pain because the local shop owner can't help us with builds at all.

If you drip at 18+mg with a dripper built at .5 ohms i would guess you are doing something wrong.

Drippers are many magnitudes more efficient than an MT3 tank.

Which Atomizers are you using?

Dwhite87

Feb 21, 2015
Norfolk, VA
I was using Kanger dual coils for the longest time. But I love my sub tank mini which I keep the RBA deck on. Since I was limited to one battery at the time, I still have a 1.8 ohm build in there going at around 14w on 3 nic. Like I had said earlier too, I don't chain drip 18mg. I'll take a hit then wait about 90min. But thats also if I'm dripping all day. As for the drippers themselves, I cant tell by their markings which they are. They were all hand me downs from an acquaintance who was quitting for good.

I just noticed that Mt Baker isn't providing flavor shots. Nor could I find any of their mixing flavors on their site anymore. Given that I do have CP on my right side yet am still building. What might be the best jig? Oddly I'm thinking a combination of both the master coil and the square style (round variant)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread