Sub ohm on the sub box mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naes

Jun 25, 2015
Bit of advice plz got the sub box mini just trying out the rba on it has I burnt out the .5 occ coil so I used the pre packed coil that came with the sub box already attached to the rba deck wicked it soaked it set it up perfectly my question is on this 0.5 ohm coil I'm running a 70/30 pg/vg juice but if I put the wattage any thing above 15 the tip gets really hot and the taste of the juice diminishes quite bad to be fair so I've bin running it at 10 watts it seems perfect that way lovely taste to the juice and no hot hits as any body else experienced this or does it sound about right thanks

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sounds about right for my tastes, too. Not everyone enjoys a hot vape. I rarely vape over 8 watts myself.

full

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Have and Dig both a Kbox w/Subtank Mini and a SubBox Mini Kit but no experience yet with the RBA Base. I bought them to use the OCCs on when dripping my Mechs and RDAs isn't convenient. No advice on your Issue as have yet to have the need or desire to use the SubTank's RBA Base.
But, imagine something is wrong in the Build or as said above, cranking up the Watts isn't needed on that Device for that Base.

I normally run the .5 OCCs on the SubBox Mini & SubTank at 18-22 W which produces both a nice Cloud & good moist warm (not Hot or Dry in the least) Vape & Flavor.
Juices I use are 50/50 18-12 Nic.

I'll be watching this myself to see how it all pans out for you and the Solution whatever that is.

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Are you sure nothing is wrong with the unit? I run the 0.5 ohm coil at 22.5 watts and it never gets hot. The OCC coil for 0.5 ohms is inscribed to run at 15w-60w, although I would never go that high...to warm for me, and I'm not used to it yet.
I wish you luck, and if 10w is right for you, go for it! I'm still trying different wattage myself!

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Are you sure nothing is wrong with the unit? I run the 0.5 ohm coil at 22.5 watts and it never gets hot. The OCC coil for 0.5 ohms is inscribed to run at 15w-60w, although I would never go that high...to warm for me, and I'm not used to it yet.
I wish you luck, and if 10w is right for you, go for it! I'm still trying different wattage myself!

It's all in how you puff on it. If you draw hard it stays cool but a lot of people draw much softer and slower and don't get that level of airflow. For people who take heavier draws the low wattage doesn't give time to cook the juice so you end up with spitting and juice in your mouth at 10 watts. For the slow draw people 10 watts cooks the juice at a pace that keeps up with the puff and they get good puffs at that wattage.

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Very true hashtag. I did more mouth-to-lung vaping with my eVod, now I do more direct lung vaping with my Subox. Its definitely different as far as flavor, temp, and amount of vape.
Its like people customizing their cars. Its all about what you like and what works for you.
I'm just worried that the OP is saying the unit is getting hot at anything over 15w.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Very true hashtag. I did more mouth-to-lung vaping with my eVod, now I do more direct lung vaping with my Subox. Its definitely different as far as flavor, temp, and amount of vape.
Its like people customizing their cars. Its all about what you like and what works for you.
I'm just worried that the OP is saying the unit is getting hot at anything over 15w.
It's possible that the OP is not inhaling fast enough. If there's not enough airflow, it'll definitely heat up.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Sounds like you have a juice flow problem to me. maybe too much cotton. Try reducing the amount of cotton on your RBA. keep the coil, pull the cotton out, and put LESS cotton in the same places. Less cotton = more juice flow.

Now like What badditude said, you don't HAVE to go with high wattage. I run my 100W sigeli at 25 watts with a subtank .5 ohm coil. I have a cloupor mini 30w that I have a 1.6 ohm coil running at 15w. Currently vaping a Vamo V7 40w running at 13 watts with a 1.0 ohm coil. If you like the taste of the lower watts, then by all means don't worry about it and go with what you like. That is exactly why I got a dripper, was for the few times I do want to play around with huge clouds.

It's rare, but every once in a while I "let loose the beast", and vape at .3 ohm dripper.. which is not a cloud monster by far. People at vape shops put it to shame... but... I am not a competition cloud chucker. I will say I go through less juice than them though. :)

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Hi guys thanks for the replys Thailand your right you can crank the 0.5 occ coil to any wattage and hit it no probs but I'm running a 0.5 ohm coil on the Rba if you have the sub box plz try it let me no how you all get on

Hey, I haven't tried the RBA coil that came with the Subox yet...I went straight for the vertical OCC coil and never looked back. When I do try the RBA, I'll let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread