Friend wants to Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
He tried my Evic Primo Mini with Ares tank. I have to talk to him about all these suggestions and see which way he wants to go.
Maybe the Zenith tank with the Evic primo or Sinuous? The nice thing about the Nautilus is those coils seem to be available at most vape stores so you don't have to worry about online orders and being all proactive which ime was the hardest part about transitioning to vaping.
The Kabuki clones are cheap on FT and they might be easier to deal with than the top filling N2 tanks - also they have 2x the capacity

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The zenith is larger diameter, so if he goes with a box mod, that would be a better fit. It is certainly true that the nautilus coils are easy to get and inexpensive, and kind of "tried and true."

I think if going with the nautilus coil, it will be an overall nicer experience than the N2 for capacity, quality of the vape, etc. I would suggest NOT getting the one with the P3 adaptor, it's not a P3 in any case and just adds bulk/another piece of the tank to malfunction.

I thought the clones were decent for the price, they don't compare to the originals but they're better for flavor than the N2, and that (really double when you measure to the N2 fill line almost) extra capacity is nice on the go. Filling AT work might be awkward as sometimes things lock up and you really need the allen key to go with it. That and the time it would take to acquire it would be the two major downsides, I would think.

Anna

Reactions: Stoneface

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Maybe the Zenith tank with the Evic primo or Sinuous? The nice thing about the Nautilus is those coils seem to be available at most vape stores so you don't have to worry about online orders and being all proactive which ime was the hardest part about transitioning to vaping.
The Kabuki clones are cheap on FT and they might be easier to deal with than the top filling N2 tanks - also they have 2x the capacity
I think I'm going to push the Zenith Tank on him. I saw that tank not too long ago and I myself was interested in it to try. Now I have to call him...

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
He is coming straight from smoking, so will probably be an MTL'er to start. He doesn't want something small, and he has seen what you use so is probably expecting something that at least looks similar.

Might I suggest an HCigar VT75D paired with an Innokin Zenith tank. That gets him a more advance mod that he can grow into without buying new equipment, and what seems to be a good MTL tank with easily replaceable drop in coils. With that mod he can easily move into rebuildables at any time later. This will be a bit more expensive than some of these basic starter kits but IMHO should at least be considered.

EDIT: I should have read all the posts before posting, looks like you already decided on the Zenith.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Have you seen the Zenith? The way you fill it and how it closes the liquid off? It looks like a great tank for a beginner. I'm sure he'll love it

I've not seen it yet...

I usually recommend the Nautilus for beginners because it's a good mtl atty and the coils are inexpensive and easy to find...

If the later two things aren't a concern for your freind then go for the zenith if you think it's a good choice!

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I've not seen it yet...

I usually recommend the Nautilus for beginners because it's a good mtl atty and the coils are inexpensive and easy to find...

If the later two things aren't a concern for your freind then go for the zenith if you think it's a good choice!
Check out a video review. Really cool

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Have you seen the Zenith? The way you fill it and how it closes the liquid off? It looks like a great tank for a beginner. I'm sure he'll love it
I'll chime in here having had my Zenith now for a couple of weeks - I really like it. For me, it's so much easier, cleaner and quicker to refill and I've had no problems with leaking, gurgling etc. I've not tried the 0.8 coil yet but the 1.6 is a nice MTL vape and overall I prefer it to the Nauti 2. I'd definitely recommend it, particularly for a beginner.

tym64

Jul 30, 2017
Just a couple of things. Everyone assumes that all smokers go mouth to lung. Not so much, there are some that go strait to lung, my gf, and buddy of mine both smoke that way. Me it was always mouth to lung. Seems like the strait to lung go with 6mg and do fine. The mouth to lung, I found 18mg was the best for me, and a friend of mine went the same route.

Going from smoking cigs, to vaping, can be a bit of a challenge. Its just a different process, was for me anyway. Slowing down the process, holding it in the lungs just a bit, blowing most the smoke through your nose, was what FINALLY seemed to do the trick.

I bought the Smok Alien with the baby beast, Single battery, simple to use, and my goal is to quit it all together, Have NO desire to be vaping years on down the road, and I am NOT using vaping to replace smoking, I am using vaping to break the nic habbit and stop all together.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Believe ricks mentioned his friend wanted mtl to start with. I do agree that newb's should be told about dtl as well as mtl. Took dtl for me to keep vaping, if I hadn't stumbled across dtl on my own I would not be vaping and smoke free today.

I'm in the same exact place. MTL was good enough to get me to cut down, moreso because it let me smoke guilt free in doors. DTL satisfied me enough to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread