The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Friend wants to Vape

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by ricks, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member

Mar 9, 2017
    My mirror universe story: DL frustrated me to no end and I hated it. I came to know this because the guy at my local shop sold me a Kanger Topbox mini kit (for an outrageous price) and swore everyone loves it and I tried for many months to get it to stop leaking and be vapable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Exactly why a new vaper should be informed of all options available.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I actually think a box mod that can take a DL tank and a MTL tank is the best idea for any new vaper, even though it may cost that extra "amount". For one, it gives a backup/stealth tank and it's almost worth it in my opinion to give folks an idea of what's possible/figure out what works for them, quickly, upfront, and without feeling like they failed at vaping. Unless that person comes in already fairly knowledgeable with an idea of what they want.

My ideal universe rarely matches the real world though...

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I agree 100%. That is why I recommended what I did. A mod that will do anything he needs now and for the foreseeable future and a tank that lots of people like for an easy MTL tank, that he can also pop a DL tank on later if he chooses, or even get into an RTA later. While cig-a-likes, one button sticks, and pod type mods are definitely the easiest to pick up and use, they leave no room to experiment to find what works best, nor do they allow any room for growth.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    OH, and I cannot believe no one suggested this already, be sure to give him a link to ECF.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I'm sure if he were interested in a link ricks would have provided it. I waited on many vapor's who have zero interest in forums. The shop owner's wouldn't even lurk on ECF for info that could help their customers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I found the same to be true at the vape shop where I worked, too.

My first supervisor had been an ECF member and was very familiar with my ECF blogs, teasing me during my first sales meeting pow-wow that I was "internet famous". :facepalm: After a couple of months he was promoted to a regional manager and the francise owner promoted a noob vaper who had been vaping only 3 months. We didn't get along all that great because she often suggested the wrong batteries to customers, gave out misinformation, and catered to the cloud chaser crowd. She ran the shop more as a cold business, rather than a friendly warm place for smokers to learn how to stop by using e-cigarettes.

It would have been so much easier to direct brand new vapers to ECF to learn about vaping. As sale people, we often didn't have the time to educate them as much as I would have liked. Ten minutes was the time limit if we were busy. I would write down "ECF" and "Baditude's Blogs" on some scrap paper and tell them to google them. I would have preferred to teach in person, but in sales that is not always practical.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. crayfishx

crayfishx Full Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Malaga, Spain
    The Joytech eVic Primo Mini is a great mod in my opinion - easy to operate, single battery 80W device - meaning he can start with a low wattage MTL tank (some Nautilus ones I've had great experiences of) but he's still got enough power if he ever wants to advance to trying out sub ohm and DL without investing in a new mod.... I still use my primo mini as my travel buddy with a ProCore Aires tank (probably better for DL than MTL but good for both)

• Like Like x 2
  9. NeonH1

NeonH1 Full Member

Jan 11, 2018
    I'm a recent reformed smoker. I've tried a bunch of starter kits, but my favorite is the Innokin EZ Watt. It's a mouth to lung device, and with a little puff, you get a very respectable amount of vapour and the flavour is great. Puffing on this is the closest experience I had to smoking a cigarette, even more so than the my von erl (which is supposed to emulate a cigarette).

It's basically the same of the T20S but with the option of using a 1.5 ohm coil instead of just using the 0.8 ohm coil at the fixed wattage of 14.

So... for simplicity sake you could recommend the Innokin T20S.

The reason I chose the EZ watt over the T20S sounds silly, but I don't like cylindrical devices, as when I'm driving, it's more of a chore the find the fire button. With the EZ watt, it fits in your hand much better and the button is always easy to fire.

Just my $0.02...

But for MTL devices, I've tried the following:
    Kangertech Top EVOD (rubbish)
    Joytech eGo AIO (a little better, but gets spit back)
    My Von Erl (draw activated, but gets spit back)
    Eleaf iCare 2 (this is actually a really nice small device and dirt cheap, it's got an airy MTL draw, but you have to draw on it slowly to get a respectable amount of vapour)
    Innokin T20S (definitely my favorite, I really do not want to smoke cigarettes since I purchased this)

Added: I also use 18 mg nic strength. It really does have a nice throat hit and keeps my cravings at bay.

Many suggest a nic strength based on how many cigarettes you smoke a day. I found this didn't work for me, as I didn't smoke to many cigarettes (5-10 a day) but they were full flavoured cigarettes. When I used anything less than 18 mg nic, I just sort of scratch the craving without bedding it down. I vape like a smoke, 5-15 pulls every couple of hours and it really does replace smoking. When I vaped 8 mg, I found it didn't curb the cravings, and I just vaped more often without ever really feeling satisfied.

• Like Like x 3