Friendly Summer warning for battery safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
Sycamore, IL
It never hurts to remind everyone the important of battery safety. Winter or summer.

I was sitting here in Illinois thinking it's finally getting warmer! Unfortunately rainier too.
While I was thinking about this a thought of caution slapped my brain pan - why not remind my ECF friends of battery safety for summer. It doesn't hurt.[To be safe]
Always remember to remove your batteries from your car if you park outdoors in direct sunlight. Your interior will, NO DOUBT, get above 120 degrees. Do not take the chance of causing damage to your batteries, or far - FAR worse. Having a battery fail in the heat of your car and cause a fire.
Please be safe this summer my vape friends. Always keep battery safety in your mind while traveling with your devices!

Thanks,
Drummel

PS - I know most batteries can handle upward ambient temperatures of 110-113, but why take the chance?

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Thanks for the info/reminder!

The carryover from my smoking days, never take a chance on running out of smokes and/or ignition supplies when venturing more then 10 miles from home, has me taking at the least one extra set-up just in case. In 2 years, I don't think there has been a need, other then changing flavor. Thanks to the battery life on my new Sigelei 213, it is probably time to break away from those old habits.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Around these parts it gets 120 degrees outside of the car.

20150810_174123.jpg

Yes, that's my car last summer.

Reactions: AzPlumber

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA
I have a insulated lunch box that has a pocket on the side that I take to work with me. I keep a tea and a freezer pack in it for my break that I take in my car. I slip my Coolfire 4's and my phone in the pocket and they stay nice and cool all day long.
I was thinking of doing something similar. An insulated lunch box sounds perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread