From hate to love, never judge a book by its cover!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
I have to admit it, and I think we all do it to some degree, which is letting a product's appearence cause us to either overlook it if not appealing, or buy it cuz it looks like it should be hanging from Buck Roger's belt. In walks the smok Tumbler tank, at first sight I though it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. I mean have you seen this thing? Take a look at it in this Tumbler article if not. I remember sending links about it to friends to see if they agreed with me that the design engineers over at Smoktech were losing their minds, bowling pins? Really? Well recently I was given the chance to try one so I thought "sure, why not? Let's just put any lingering curiosity to bed and be done with it", so I loaded it up with some Boba's and took a nice long hit and to my surprise, I was impressed. It was smooth, flavorful, and produced a fair amount of vapor. So if you are put off by it's looks, and don't just take my word for it, read up on some reviews as well, and give it a try anyway. **Also, Kanger Protank/Evod universal coils will work in the Tumbler, but I have not tried a Smok coil in a Kanger.

bludogg

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Arizona
Also, Kanger Protank/Evod universal coils will work in the Tumbler, but I have not tried a Smok coil in a Kanger.
The Smok coils will work anywhere a Kanger universal coil will work. The flange is a little different and the connector stem slightly longer, but there is no issue. I use them in my protank 2/evods. The Smok coils are of a smaller gauge and are wound very nicely as opposed to the Kangers. They have about the same life span, price, but I would give the Smok coils the edge as they just look more carefully built. The wicks are nicer as well as easier to handle and hold up better when/if cleaning.

TafkanX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Lubbock, Texas, United States
The Tumbler was actually not only my first clearomizer, but was part of my first kit. I loved the unique styling of it compared to the more boring designs of its peers like the Aro or the Evod. When it worked it worked like a champ and I loved it. It produced great vapor, looked very bizarre, and was really easy to fill. Decent capacity, too.

Sadly, mine developed a leak where it connects with the base, to the point that it just became unusable. The vendor I purchased it from offered to replace it, but I was no longer confident in the plastic threads connecting the tank to the base and I ended up just purchasing a Pyrex Aro instead (great clearo, by the way; I don't use it anymore but I never had any problems with it and I gave it to a friend when I graduated to the Protank 2 and she still loves it).

Another drawback of the Tumbler is that it won't work very well on devices that don't have much clearance around the ego threading. I would need to remove the beauty ring on my SVD to use it and older iterations of the Vamo simply wouldn't fit. This never presented a problem to me as I did not graduate to such devices until long after my Tumbler went out of service, but it's certainly something to consider.

Having said all that, the Tumbler does continue to prove useful to me as I use the base when testing/dry-firing newly rebuilt coil heads since my other tanks tend to have juice in them all the time. Plus it's got a nice wide base that makes manipulating the coil heads without the chimney installed relatively simple.

Just my experiences with it. Glad you like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread