From non-smoker to vaper. Am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feraloxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Buffalo, NY, USA
I am not smoker. Never have and never will be. I do however love to vape. I was a cigar smoker on occasion and started with a Clearette E-cigar and have got into straight vaping more and moreever since. Share your stories on how you started vaping.

I'm a lot like you actually. I was a light enough smoker that I'd be considered a nonsmoker, I only had a cigarette or a cigar maybe once every 2-3 weeks. I love vaping though, but I'm up at 24mg and have no intention of decreasing this amount lol

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
Whatever floats your boat I guess. Not sure I understand the non-smoker turning to vaping. But it's better than you starting smoking, and not really my place to care what you do.

20y pack a day smoker.

I still use 18MG in things like a kayfun etc. It's uh, punchy.

I found a liquid that I am golden with at this point. It has 100% replaced smoking and I'm better for it.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
I'm a lot like you actually. I was a light enough smoker that I'd be considered a nonsmoker, I only had a cigarette or a cigar maybe once every 2-3 weeks. I love vaping though, but I'm up at 24mg and have no intention of decreasing this amount lol

So there you are sailing through life with no cares, no worries smoking 1 cigarette every 2-3 weeks, and you decide to start vaping and you're at 24mg/ml now? So how does it feel to be a new born nicotine addict? Oh, you say you can quit any time you want to? Yeah, right.

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
So there you are sailing through life with no cares, no worries smoking 1 cigarette every 2-3 weeks, and you decide to start vaping and you're at 24mg/ml now? So how does it feel to be a new born nicotine addict? Oh, you say you can quit any time you want to? Yeah, right.

^this. It's such a shame to start using nicotine, especially on your age uglug (you should know better). The fact that you vape instead of using analogs does not make much of a difference IMO. Are you sure you are doing this only to get some throat hit??

Bad Teddy

Mar 16, 2014
US
I'm almost in the same boat. Borderline a non-smoker, only occasionally enjoying pipe tobacco cigars. If I had to break down my smoking habit, I'd say I probably smoked an average of a pack every other month, if that. Every now and then I'd smoke a pack in a day (4-6 sticks in a pack, mind you), but something unusual would have to have happened for me to do so.

As far a chemical substances go, I've never been addicted to anything, and doubt I ever will be, so I'm not too concerned with that aspect. I generally just find vaping to be enjoyable, and actually have dabbled in some 0 nic bottles just to enjoy the flavors. Not that I don't enjoy a little nicotine buzz, as I do primarily stay around the 6mg range. I've got a bottle of 12mg, but if I hit it it's for a purpose.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Interesting story going from zero to 24mg ug, I've been using 24 for 2.5 years, but I smoked 1.5-2 packs a day for 40 years...so it doesn't really phase me, and all the guys at my local shop can't believe I can vape 24mg in my Kayfun's all day every day, but for someone as yourself that didn't smoke and now uses the highest level of nicotine delivery I'd say that's extremely uncommon and highly unusual.

It seems there's many youngsters these days that have never smoked but now vape, using 0mg juice for the sport of blowing big clouds... their buddies do it and they think it's cool.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
I'm honestly of mixed perspective when looking at the non smoker becoming a vaper. On one level, there's the "why take on an addiction for no reason"... Then there's the "well, if vaping is truly the future, why smoke before vaping?".

Either way, if an adult, your choice... But, in a community largely filled with ex-smokers that struggled for years to stop smoking... You are going to get as many puzzled stares here, as you will from people that don't understand what vaping even is.

Weedity

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2014
New Jersey
I quit cigarettes 9 months ago after being a smoker for 2 to 3 years. A week or two ago I decided I missed the act of smoking and had to quit everything else from alcohol to "herbs" and I figured I mine as well vape. I want SOMETHING in my life. I enjoyed smoking, but hated the health defects from it. Now I can vape without really worrying about my health! :laugh:

Zero nicotine of course. Not to mention I quit cold turkey, not to be cocky, but I am pretty confident if I need to quit ecigs I will have no problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread