Am I the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just started vaping to give up cigs, and initially thought this is good I bet a lot of non-smokers would love the hobby. I agree the stigma of smoking and just nicotine general makes people have the wrong impression.

However, I believe nicotine is to vaping as caffeine is to coffee or soda. People can enjoy the taste and get a caffeine "high" in the process of drinking coffee/soda or they can go with decaff/caffeine free to just to enjoy the flavor. People can even add extra espresso shots if they want more. The same goes with vaping, you're just opting for a "denicotine" vape (Made up a new word)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Long story short. It seems like one of the big topics in these political stand-offs is that no one seems to want non-smokers to pick up vaping.
I guess you could have labeled me as a "smoker" (I wouldn't have) but where do you all stand on this?
A smoker is a smoker regardless of what they're ingesting. Recently, through my Surgeon, have converted 5 cigar smokers that had oral/ throat cancer from smoking cigars.
Non smokers...have converted my non smoking sis in law because she was obese from overeating when stressed and emotionally bent out of shape. Her GP is amazed at the improvement in her health and fully supports her vape program as she's lost 100 lbs.

hvac999

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
As stated earlier, if you are over 18 there is NO problem. Most people here just try to keep vaping the answer to a smoking problem. Many are just afraid the FDA will use former NON-smokers as ammo to shut down vaping. I personally feel that anyone over 18 is OK to vape, preferably 0 nic for non-smokers, for their own health.

Nathan Hartwell

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Lake Mary, FL
I just started vaping to give up cigs, and initially thought this is good I bet a lot of non-smokers would love the hobby. I agree the stigma of smoking and just nicotine general makes people have the wrong impression.

However, I believe nicotine is to vaping as caffeine is to coffee or soda. People can enjoy the taste and get a caffeine "high" in the process of drinking coffee/soda or they can go with decaff/caffeine free to just to enjoy the flavor. People can even add extra espresso shots if they want more. The same goes with vaping, you're just opting for a "denicotine" vape (Made up a new word)

I agree (though, my "addiction" to caffiene hasn't always gone over well with my family) but I believe it should be viewed like that!
You can get energy drinks (which I love) with more caffeine than 4 cups of coffee! Nothing wrong with that!

A smoker is a smoker regardless of what they're ingesting. Recently, through my Surgeon, have converted 5 cigar smokers that had oral/ throat cancer from smoking cigars.
Non smokers...have converted my non smoking sis in law because she was obese from overeating when stressed and emotionally bent out of shape. Her GP is amazed at the improvement in her health and fully supports her vape program as she's lost 100 lbs.

I have been intrigued with the idea of vaping for weight loss! Thats great that shes lost so much weight with such a simple (sorta) process!! I can't wait 10 years from now so we can find out if there is anything we really should be worried about in these products! hahaha That's been my latest worry

TheOzzmanDPG

Jun 18, 2013
Streamwood, Il
your an adult, you made a decision, and it is your right. One better, you aren't hurting the ones around you any longer with the cigar smoke. Most smokers will say "I'm only hurting myself" but we all know now that is not true. Second hand smoke is damaging to others. At this point, with all of the studies that I have read, you can honestly say you don't "think" you are hurting those around you by vaping.

also, don't forget, the political machine spins on big tobacco money.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I agree (though, my "addiction" to caffiene hasn't always gone over well with my family) but I believe it should be viewed like that!
You can get energy drinks (which I love) with more caffeine than 4 cups of coffee! Nothing wrong with that!

I have been intrigued with the idea of vaping for weight loss! Thats great that shes lost so much weight with such a simple (sorta) process!! I can't wait 10 years from now so we can find out if there is anything we really should be worried about in these products! hahaha That's been my latest worry

I am right there with you on the coffee...Even if they invented an e-Coffee, that couldn't help prevent my caffeine addiction. In fact, vaping with coffee is even more enjoyable now that when I smoked...The vanilla flavor is fantastic.

Nathan Hartwell

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Lake Mary, FL
I am right there with you on the coffee...Even if they invented an e-Coffee, that couldn't help prevent my caffeine addiction. In fact, vaping with coffee is even more enjoyable now that when I smoked...The vanilla flavor is fantastic.

You know, I've tried a crap ton of juices but I still haven't tried a vanilla!

What would you suggest as a good vendor?

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
You know, I've tried a crap ton of juices but I still haven't tried a vanilla!

What would you suggest as a good vendor?

I have only bought Vanilla from a local shop that is nearby my work, they do sell it online though...It made in store and called Vicious Vanilla. The store name is .... Out and here is their website: .... Out | The Serious Electronic Cigarette Source The link to the Juice is : .... Out Vicious Vanilla

They have fantastic juices there, I go a couple times a week to sample their Juices...They sell a Chai Tea Winter that is my day long vape...I don't think they sell that one online though, since that one isn't made in House.

I have sampled other Vanilla flavors in other stores, but that one is so good I don't really have a need to expand my vanilla juice beyond theirs. If you do plan to order there, DM me if you wouldn't mind using my name as a referral.

Thanks

Nathan Hartwell

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Lake Mary, FL
I have only bought Vanilla from a local shop that is nearby my work, they do sell it online though...It made in store and called Vicious Vanilla. The store name is .... Out and here is their website: .... Out | The Serious Electronic Cigarette Source The link to the Juice is : .... Out Vicious Vanilla

They have fantastic juices there, I go a couple times a week to sample their Juices...They sell a Chai Tea Winter that is my day long vape...I don't think they sell that one online though, since that one isn't made in House.

I have sampled other Vanilla flavors in other stores, but that one is so good I don't really have a need to expand my vanilla juice beyond theirs. If you do plan to order there, DM me if you wouldn't mind using my name as a referral.

Thanks

Sure thing! I'll try to remember that when I gather up some more "vaping money"! Hahaha, Thanks a ton! I love finding great vendors! My personal favorite at the moment is Mister-E-Liquid! (and I haven't branched too far from them) haha

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
You are definitely part of a Demographic that is going to create a problem.

The government is Anti Nicotine and lumps it in with Smoking.

Vaping is pleasurable so of course it's going to attract individuals who have never smoked.
Whether 0 Nic or regular Nic.

I've noticed vape shops near every college campus in my area.

This is what scares the government and should have Big Tobacco salivating!

Nathan Hartwell

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Lake Mary, FL
You are definitely part of a Demographic that is going to create a problem.

The government is Anti Nicotine and lumps it in with Smoking.

Vaping is pleasurable so of course it's going to attract individuals who have never smoked.
Whether 0 Nic or regular Nic.

I've noticed vape shops near every college campus in my area.

This is what scares the government and should have Big Tobacco salivating!

I agree. Tobacco follows the money. Government follows fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread